I have been through the usual throes of comparing KitchenAid vs Kenwood and have concluded that despite the Kenwood being top quality, the Kitchen aid is similarly up there but also quite beautiful.
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 04:36 / // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer vs Kenwood kMix
The difference between the KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixerand Kenwood kMix is on size, design and number of bowls you get, number of attachmnets included, motor power, colour options and the price.
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer comes with one mixing bowl of 5 litre size whereas, the KitchenAid Artisan comes with 2 stainless steel bowls (4.8 litre and 3 litre)
Notice: There are two versions of Kenwood kMix, the newest 754 kmix that comes with a 5 litre glass bowl and the old version, 750 kmix that comes with a 5 litre stainless steel bowl. The glass bowl is a bit big and heavy in case you have an issue with your hands when lifting up heavy things.
Another difference is on the number of accessories they come with, whereby the kMix Stand Mixer comes with 3 non-stick mixing tools-k-beater, balloon whisk and a dough hook plus a splash guard and a spatula; the KitchenAid Artisan comes with a balloon whisk, dough hook, flat beater, and flex edge beater plus a splash guard with.
The kmix spatula is there to help you scrap the bowl bottom for efficient mixing. However, with the KitchenAid , you do not need a spatula, the flex edge beater provided scrapes the bowl for you to offer you desired superior mixing.
There is also difference in the motor power whereby, theKenwood kMix Stand Mixer is powered by a powerful 1000 watts motor to cater for up to 10 plus additional attachments; the Artisan Stand Mixer is powered by 300 watts motor, good enough to do the mixing job.
And in terms of colour option, whereby the kMix Stand Mixer comes in black, white, red and cream; the KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer comes in onyx black, boysenberry, ice blue, majestic yellow, pink and pistachio colours to choose from. Quite a good colour selection by both brands to match your kitchen decor.
When comes to price, the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer is quite cheap when compared to the KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer.
Apart from the difference:
- Both kMix and KitchenAid Artisan employs a planetary mixing action
- Their heads tilts making it easy for you to add up ingredients easily
- Their splash guard both have a chute for adding ingredients while the mixer is in action
- They both come with 5 years warranty from both Kenwood kMix and KitchenAid Artisan stand mixers.
- Both Kenwood and KitchenAid offers a good number of attachments you can buy to make your mixer a fully functional multipurpose stand mixer.
- Both have variable speed setting to give you control over the stand mixer speed
- Check the KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer.
1. Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer Review
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 04:35 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesThe KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer :
- is powered by a motor of 300 watts which is sufficient enough to stir up all kinds of ingredients, from semi solid to liquid ingredients. You just need to shift the power level dial to the appropriate setting.
- The artisan has a locking mechanism that holds the bowl in place in case of any spillage. It also has a lid cover that comes in handy when adding ingredients to the easy clean stainless bowl as you mix.
Key Features of the Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer
The KitchenAid 4.8 Litre Artisan Stand Mixer weights 100 kgs and its black in colour and of 10 x 10 x 10 cm size. The artisan mixer features an 8 litre bowl with handles.
- It features tilt head design which enables you to effortlessly access the bowl and beaters. Meanwhile the bowl has a cleverly crafted comfort handle and a shield that reduces spaltter when pouring.
- The kitchenaid artisan mixer has a power hub which can be used to perform different tasks like meat grinding, fruit and vegetable straining and even sausage stuffing.
- It also features a Direct drive power motor and ten speed setting control.
The artisan comes with standard attachments and accessories. These include:
- A wire whisk for whipping mixtures,
- A flat beater for general mixing and,
- A dough hook for kneading
You also get flex edge beater that scraps the bowl to offer superior mixing. In case you need more attachments to suit your needs, you can always purchase them from Amazon.
The KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer performs more functions than mixing only. With the help of different attachments, you can use the kitchenaid mixer artisan to grate stuff, extract juice, slice and dice solid ingredients, make pasta, grind meat and much more.
To keep the stand mixer in top shape, you may have to adjust the shaft for increased productivity. This will be a minor adjustment that will take minimal time.
Most artisan mixers are quiet, versatile and sturdy. You can tell that they are built to last.
- The artisan mixer kitchenaid is quite easy to clean and use. Besides that it sits beautifully on your kitchen top.
- Kitchenaid artisan mixers work quite well and they are quite reliable. The artisan mixer colours are sure to add some beauty into your kitchen.
- You can never go wrong with the mixer KitchenAid artisan especially when you use it to do what it does best: Making dough, whisking and mixing.
- It is very easy to change tool with the Kitchenaid artisan mixer all you need to know is “Right On, Left Off”.
- The kitchenaid artisan bowl sits squarely on the base to make it quite solid and unshakable. The kitchen aid artisan is well built and heavy in a reassuring way.
- The easy sliding controls of on and off are quite intuitive. So also are the speed controls and the lever for lowering and raising the main body.
- It is cleverly designed you will want it to show it off to friends and family.
There is no doubt as to the quality of this KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer. It is high up there with the top kitchen gadgets in the industry. The only sticking point for most people is the price. Does the kitchenaid black justify the prices it’s currently going for?
The price range for the Kitchenaid artisan stand mixer varies between 270 and 550 pounds depending on where you buy it. The attachments also vary depending on price from 25 onwards. The price really hinges on the functionality it performs.
However in spite of the Kitchenaid mixer seeming high price point, when you buy you get a durable gadget that you and your family can use for decades to come. Buying it is a worthwhile long term investment.
You are better off buying the artisan that will last other than buying low end mixers that usually have a shelf life of two years. You will find that you will save money in the long run.
Because the Kitchenaid can easily be turned into an ultimate kitchen machine, you will save by just having this one best food mixer that will do all your baking kneading, chopping, grinding and much more than by buying separate kitchen gadgets. The attachments are fairly priced. You will definitely save than buying different individual machines.
Check out the KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer.
2. Kenwood kMix Mixer Review
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 04:36 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesSome of the amazing features of the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer that makes it stand out from the rest include:
- Its sleek design, cream in color, weighing 8kg and of 36.1 x 22.3 x 34.9 cm size.
- A Planetary mixing action. If you want to know how good kmx52g performs, look at how it mixes its ingredients. Most traditional beaters usually rotate in a circular motion, the bowl of this kmix mixer Kenwood usually moves in a planetary way. This means that when the beater revolves in one direction, the socket turns in the other direction. This makes sure that all the mixture has been picked up the bowl giving you a thorough and perfect mix.
- The Kenwood kmix has 2 power outlets: a slow-speed power outlet and a bowl outlet. The slow speed outlet is located on the front, behind its removable cover. This outlet is used to give a perfect balance of high torque and low speed thus driving specialized equipment, for example, the pasta extruder and the meat grinder. And the bowl outlet can be used with three other included bowl tools.
- It features 6 variable speed control settings.
- It comes with 5 litre bowl made of stainless steel and a 5 year warranty; you just need to register it using the registration card provided.
- Above that it is powered by a 500 watt power motor. All this combination will allow you to mix large quantities perfectly.
- Check the Black Friday Kenwood kMix stand mixer deals 2021.
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer come with 3 standard attachments: K beater, balloon whisk, and dough hook, in addition to a splashguard and a spatula.
- K beater. This beater has angled fins that make it reach every area of the bowl. This makes it a versatile tool even when you are making the pastry, creating cake mixtures or even stirring ingredients together.
- The Balloon Whisk. This is a perfect tool that allows you to create foamy whipped mixtures. Its shape makes it trap air easily while mixing; this creates maximum volume while ingredients are being whisked.
- The dough hook for perfectly combining ingredients to produce soft and elastic dough. It does all the hard work for you during kneading.
- The splashguard for preventing food splashes and
- The spatula for scooping out your mixes.
As part of the kMix attachments; you are also provided with a key for adjusting the height of the attachment.
There is an additional range of Kenwood kMix attachments that you can buy later. These attachments include a meat grinder, pasta roller, pasta maker, fruit press etc.
It is a bit heavy like all other KMix stand mixers hence you need a permanent place to place it.
- This Kenwood stand mixer is easy to work with and easy to clean.
- has auto-stop feature that make the kmix stop when the top is lifted up
- It is cheaper than the Kitchenaid Artisan.
- Its price at Amazon is comparably good and worth it.
Kenwood kMix or Kitchenaid Artisan, Which is Better?
Kenwood kmix OR Kitchenaid artisan stand mixer? It is just a matter of preference and budget as both of them are of high quality, worth buying.
As already demonstrated buying the Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer will not only provide value for money but also give you a sense of satisfaction. The KitchenAid Mixer is one of those gadgets that once you buy it, whenever you look at it seated beautifully in your kitchen, you pat yourself and say good choice. It is build to last and performs at very high quality. You can never really go wrong with a product that holds the promise of lasting 30 years and more. Your fine cooking will skills be enhanced and also have a gadget you can depend on.