Why are Kitchenaid Mixers So Expensive is one of the questions we receive here at coxons kitchen UK. People are wondering why high end kitchen mixers like Kenwood and KitchenAid are so pricey – £200- £700. Even Vonshef cost about £79. Check Black Friday KitchenAid Stand Mixer Deals UK 2020.
Note: For free next day delivery, subscribe toAmazon Prime 30-day Free Trial
(Detailed reviews below for the best Kitchenaid Mixers UK 2020.)
- Smooth rounded tilt-head design
- Full metal construction
- Single multipurpose attachment hub
- Accessories included: 4.3L bowl, pouring shield, flat...
- 2 year warranty
- The 1.3HP high-efficiency motor guarantees a quiet yet...
- Uses planetary action to deliver fast and thorough...
- The large 6.9Ltr stainless steel bowl is perfect for...
- High-precision metal gears and control knobs offer...
- The bowl-lift configuration and removable pouring chute...
- Direct drive motor with 10 speeds. Enhanced planetary...
- Minimum rotation speed is 58. Maximum rotation...
- Tilt mixer head; Bowl Capacity (Quarts) 4 1/2
- Dough Hook, Whisk, Flat Beater and Bowl
- 2 years warranty
- Includes: 3.3 Litre Stainless Steel Bowl, Wire Whisk,...
- Easily adjustable 5-speed mechanical control
Last update on 2021-03-08 at 06:34 / // Source: Amazon Affiliates
- Designed exclusively to work with all KitchenAid stand...
- Vegetable slicer and shredder (5Ksmvsa) to grate and...
- It comes with medium and coarse shredding drums and a...
- It can Slice and shred roots and raw vegetables but...
- The 3 different drums are easily interchangeable to...
- KitchenAid Flat Beater for use with the 4.3L KitchenAid...
- The KitchenAid Flat beater is for normal to heavy...
- For slow stirring, combining, mashing, starting all...
- Use to add flour and dry ingredients to batter and to...
- Compatible with models...
- Three additional drums for use with the MVSA and...
Last update on 2021-03-08 at 19:28 / // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Why are Kitchenaid Mixers So Expensive?
I have been reviewing food mixers for some time now! And, I am in a good position to answer your questions: And here is why are KitchenAid so expensive? and why other stand mixers so expensive too.
Don’t forget you can also get the best budget stand mixers under £100.
As you might be aware, most of the high end kitchen machines like KitchenAid stand mixers performs more than one task. Mixing, Grinding, Blending, Processing and so forth.
They come with a bunch of attachments to make your food preparation time a delight. The more attachments you get the more you pay on the first buy.
For instance, if you buy the Kitchenaid mixer today; you will also get a food grinder and a pasta maker. Apart from these you also have the ability in future to add more than 20 extra attachments. Meat grinder, shredder, grain mill, mincer, pasta maker/roller etc. And also the ability to adjust the attachments for efficient mixing; and hence you pay more than £200 (Worth it???). While
If you buy Andrew JamesMixer today; you only get a stand mixer. If you go for a high end Andrew James multifunctional; you will get also a meat grinder as an add-on and that is it. With less to no attachments, you pay less than £100 for your food mixer.
Not all: There is more than functionalities that justifies the money you end pay for your food mixer and this is—
Is your stand mixer made of plastic, polished/brushed aluminium or solid aluminium? This also determines whether you pay high or less. What about the attachments? The type of material used,
- the number of power outlets ,
- the motor power, the finish, and
- how durable are the material used justifies the money you end up pay.
The ability to last longer also determines the price you pay. With high end mixers like KitchenAid Artisan Mixer 125 Liquid Graphite you get 5 years warranty for peace of mind. This also includes a high level of customer’s satisfaction.
Will you better buy one that is expensive but claimed to last long or buy cheap twice???
The well established the Brand the more money you pay. The trust, the love and the brand connection to the wider community. This justifies why is Kitchenaid so expensive.
Best Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Reviews UK 2020
Best Kitchenaid Mixer 2020: Find current top Kitchenaid stand mixers reviews and prices to help you choose your best option wisely.
1. Kitchenaid 5KSM7591XBER Planetary Stand Mixer Reviews
If you want a bigger and powerful KitchenAid stand mixer than the Kitchenaid Artisan, then this KitchenAid 5KSM7591XBER Planetary Food Mixer is the one to buy. It comes with a 6.9-litre bowl compared to the 4.8 of the Artisan or and 4.3 of the Kitchenaid classic models reviewed above.
Its motor is also quite powerfully, powered by 500 watts motor compared to the 275 watts of the other two models. This is due to increased ingredients handling capacity from 4.8 to 6.9l.
Otherwise other features of this heavy-duty Kitchenaid 5KSM7591XBERare the same as the other two models: 10-speed settings, tilt head design, and motor in the head. With it you also get three default accessories: whisk, flat beater and dough hook in addition to the splash-guard.
In terms of price as you might expect this KitchenAid 5KSM7591XBER Planetary Food Mixer is more expensive than the Kitchenaid Artisan and classic models reviewed above.
It comes in red (5KSM7591XBER model), silver (5KSM7591X model) and white color (5KSM7591XBWH).
2. KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer Reviews
The KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer is a new model that was introduced in the UK Market on October 2018. We expect them to be on sale this time.
This Kitchenaid stand mixer offers a Kitchenaid experience to a small family, couples or kitchen. It comes with a 3.3 litre mixing bowl great for personal use too compared to 4.3 of classic, 4.8 of Artisan or 6.9 litre of the heavy-duty Kitchenaid.
This mini machine also comes with a good range of color to choose from ranging from: Hot Sauce, Honeydew, Guava Glaze and Twilight Blue. You also get 5 year warranty compared to one year that comes with other models.
Apart from this, the design, ability and box content apart from the bowl are the same as the other models presented above.
Check the KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer.
3. KitchenAid UK 5KSM95PSBCU Artisan Stand Mixer Reviews
The thing that set the KitchenAid UK 5KSM95PSBCU Artisan Stand Mixer apart from others is the quality of its design and the ability to perform more than what a standard kitchen tool can do when more attachments are added to it.
With this in mind let us examine the key features of this Kitchenaid Artisan to find out if it meets your needs and expectations.
- 10-speed settings from a very low number 1 speed to very fast number 10 speed. This is to help you execute any recipe with ease using either wet or dry ingredients
- Drive motor in the head: This design help power down the energy from top to bottom and get everything mixed accordingly
- Rounded tilt-head design that helps accessories reach the bowl with ease making all the ingredients to be mixed perfectly
- 3 necessary attachments: a flat beater for mixing ingredients, a dough hook for kneading and wire for whipping eggs and creams,
- Dust cover for preventing un-necessary splashes
- Pouring spout to help you add more ingredients while the machine is in action
- 4.8-litre mixing bowl, big enough to cater for medium to big size family or making a lot of food at once for future use or party.
- Planetary mixing action: This involves beater moving in one direction then the other while the whisk is in action pushing ingredients from sides to the centre of the bowl causing all ingredients to be mixed together efficiently. You will appreciate this feature the more when you read reviews from other brands where the machines struggle to mix the ingredients evenly.
- Like most multi-purpose kitchen appliances, this Kitchenaid Artisan is a bit heavy weighing 10.5 kg, made up of pure stainless steel aluminium.
- Comes with a flat beater but users prefer Flexi beater instead as it is better at scrapping the sides of the bowl while mixing. In case you also need a Flexi beater, you can buy it at extra cost.
You can use the KitchenAid UK 5KSM95PSBCU Artisan Stand Mixer for whipping eggs and creams, mixing cake mixtures and kneading bread/pizza dough. And with the addition of more attachments you can use it to make almost everything from pasta, sausages, smoothies, ice cream, mincemeat, chopping, slicing, grinding and more by simply buying more attachments to accompany it for the job you want it to perform.
There is also an option to buy a glass bowl if you prefer glass to steel.
4. KitchenAid 5K45SSBOB Classic Stand Mixer Reviews
The KitchenAid 5K45SSBOB Classic Stand Mixer is more less the same as the Kitchenaid Artisan reviewed above. It also has 10 speed setting, drive motor in the head, tilti-head design, dust cover, and pouring spout. It also comes with 3 basic accessories to get you started: flat beater, whisk, and a dough hook.
What differentiates this classic model from the Artisan is its bowl size, 4.3 litre compared to 4.8 of the Artisan model reviewed above. Also, the color, whereas this model comes in either black or white (5K45SSBWH model), the Kitchenaid artisan, on the other hand, comes in silver color only if you buy it from Amazon UK.
The artisan model is more powerful than the classic model, a better choice if you need it for a big family. However, for most people, the KitchenAid 5K45SSBOB Classic Stand Mixer l is ok.
5. KitchenAid 5K45SSBWH Classic Stand Mixer Reviews
KitchenAid 5K45SSBWH Classic Stand Mixer, 4.3 Litre, White[/easyazon_link] build is very strong, being made of metal; it is heavy and sturdy.
- It comes with a a 4.2 litre size mixing bowl and its pouring shield
- Includes 2 year warranty
- Supplied with 3 standard attachments: a dough hook, a flat beater and a wire whisk
- Powered by 300watt motor and is
- Suitable for medium size family.
This 300 watt Kitchenaid mixer 4.2 litre bowl mixer is white in color, weighs 11kg and of 35.9 x 22.2 x 35.4 cm size.
- It features direct drive motor with 10 speeds: Stir Speed for start stirring the mixture until combined, Slow Mixing speed for stirring and mashing batters, bananas, potatoes, pancakes etc; Mixing and Beating speed for adding sugar to light mixtures like egg whites, Beating and Creaming speed for thorough mixing of batters, Fast Beating and Whipping speed for whipping creams, egg whites etc and Fast Whipping speed for fast whipping small amounts of food.
- The Kitchenaid mixer employs planetary mixing technology just like the Kenwood Chef Mixers, the glass bowl for Kitchenaid Classic mixer moves in a unique planetary action, meaning when in action it moves in an opposite direction to the flat beater (mixing attachment), resulting in comprehensive mixing.
- Tilt Head: The mixer tilt head design allows clear access to the bowl when adding extra ingredients.
- This Kitchenaid food mixer comes with a 4.2 litre size mixing bowl and
- It includes 2 year warranty.
There are 3 accessories that come with the KitchenAid 5K45SSBWH Classic Stand Mixer, 4.3 Litre, White :
- An anti-sticky dough hook, wire whisk, flat beater. The Kitchenaid Classic dough hook and flat beater are dishwasher safe; while the wire whisk is not dishwasher safe. These 3 attachments are all you need to begin baking.
- A flat beater is to be used for all tasks that involves mixing, beating, creaming, mashing heavy mixtures like cakes, potatoes etc. Wire whisk on the other hand is for whipping things like egg whites; you can also use kitchen aid Classic wire whip for mixing mixtures that needs extra air or light icing.
- And the dough hook is for kneading and making dough.
The stand mixer also comes with a splash guard, commonly referred to as a pouring shield for preventing food spillage while mixing.
There are also additional attachments that you can buy like mincer, ice cream maker, sausage stuffer, food processor, food grinder, vegetable strainer etc to enhance the range of jobs.
- This Kitchenaid mixer a bit heavy, 11kg hence you just need to place it in a permanent place. However, it being heavier makes it stable.
- The Kitchen aid classic stand mixer bowl does not have handles hence makes it a bit hard to remove it from the mixer. However, you can buy the larger glass bowl with a handle in case you need one.
- Its mixing bowl is slightly smaller than that of the Kitchenaid artisan.
- It does not include a cook book
- The KitchenAid 5K45SSBWH Classic Stand Mixer, 4.3 Litre, White is easy to use, change attachments and clean.
- It is cheaper than the Kitchenaid k45ssob.
- The kitchen aid mixer classic looks beautiful with neutral color that can go with most kitchen decors.
- It is sturdy and stylish.
- Works really well.
- It is much quieter and efficient even with small quantities and per customers reviews
- This KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer is worth every penny.
Best Black Friday Kitchenaid Mixer 2019
- Get 16% off KitchenAid 5K45SSBSL Classic Stand Mixer, Die-cast Zinc deal is over. Check Kitchenaid K45SS Review.
- Get 45% off KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls (Red, Set of 3)
- Get 26% off KitchenAid 5KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment (Optional Accessory for KitchenAid Stand Mixers)
- Get 29% off KitchenAid 5KSMMGA Metal Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixer
- Deal Price: £17.00 KitchenAid 5SSA Sausage Stuffer (Optional Accessory for KitchenAid Stand Mixers)
- For the current ongoing Kitchenaid deals, check it here.
Best Kitchenaid Mixer 2020: For more options, check the Best Food Mixer 2020 UK.