Ever asked yourself, ‘Which Kenwood Chef Mixer Should I Buy? or Which is the best Kenwood mixer ? Here is the answer.
I have been researching Kenwood Chef and the various models in their range for a while ranging from Kenwood Chef Major, Kenwood Titanium Chef, Kenwood Cooking Chef to Kenwood Chef Classic.
I hope my findings will help you make an informed choice on the model you finally decide to choose. For the purposes of this review, let us explore the four key models among the wide range of Kenwood chef mixers.
There are a number of different models available around the world, and this article will introduce you to the four main models of Kenwood Chef Food Mixers available in the UK.
The Best Kenwood Chef Mixer 2019
Should we research all Kenwood kitchen Chef? There is a chance of overwhelming if you took the task of exploring all the models produced by this manufacturer. However, from experience, there are four Best Kenwood Mixers mainly sold in the UK. The other models are either different versions of these four or those sold without warranty.
The four key mixers in the Kenwood chef range are:
The Kenwood Chef Cooking are high-end products with increased functionality. So what exactly differentiates the different models from each other?
Kenwood Chef Mixer Reviews
A number of details and variants separate the four different models. These are:
- The power of the motor in Watts (W)
- The size of the bowl (capacity), is it a 6.7 litre or 4.6?
- The quality of material used especially for the attachments and bowls
- The range and functionality of accessories that accompany the model
- How the power outlets are configured. Do they make the model to be compatible with many other accessories?
Apart from these four models, there are other variants based on colour that closely mirror the four I have already mentioned. These are :
- Kitchen Chef Kenwood A701a.
For the remaining versions, it’s a matter of which one comes with more attachments to suit your specifications. Here is the kicker: which one of these Chef Kenwood is heads and above the rest and yet moderately priced.
Sometimes it might seem like buying a Mixer Kenwood Chef is more or less like buying a car. You have to consider things like the engine motor, the attachments, accessories, and material used and the trim. Trouble is, not everything is configured and straightforward as you might want it. You have to work out what actually fits your needs to get that perfect product of your choice. By the end of the day the best one is the one that is within your budget.
The four main models we explore here range from a couple hundred quid to slightly under five hundred quid. At the outset, this might seem like a lot of money but this gadget belongs to that league of products which whenever you use it, you will always pat yourself with satisfaction and say “money well spent”. On a general note, you will pay slightly more for the type of material used in the gadget, the power, and more power outlets. For instance, a 800W motor will be slightly cheaper than the 1500W. The more pricy mixers use more sturdy material and the finish is also more polished than the less costly ones. For example, whereas the Classic Kenwood Chef is built using plastic and cast die aluminum, the Kenwood Titanium Chef Mixer range uses solid aluminum with no plastic.
The high-end Kenwood Chef Major Titanium:
Kenwood Titanium Chef are both sold with a food processor and juice extractor attached to them. They also have a medium speed feature in their outlets that works really well with food processors. The Kenwood Chef Titanium Major also come with a thermoresist blender. Meanwhile, the Kenwood Classic Chef and the Kenwood Premier Chef have only slow and high speed.
The quality of the accessories also differs depending on the price. The blender that forms part of the accessories in the Kenwood Chef classic mixer is made from the plastic material while the blender in the chef titanium is made of glass. The food processor attached to the titanium and chef premier is quite solid. Most customer reviews say glowing things about it, so when you buy a high-end Kenwood you also get a quality food processor as well.
The bigger and studier the mixer is the more costly it becomes.
Kenwood Chef Attachments, Accessories & Spares
All the Kenwood Chef Mixers come with 3 basic attachments: a dough hook, k-beater, and a balloon whisk.
There are more than 20 additional attachments that you can buy at any time ranging from mincer, shredder, ice-cream maker, pasta roller, potato peeler, juice extractor, liquidizer and many more. You will need also to buy Kenwood Chef cover to keep your stand mixer from accumulating dust.
What I like about Kenwood appliances is that they don’t keep changing the way that attachments fit their machines and often attachments can be used on more than one machine.
Kenwood Chef Recipes
All Kenwood Chef mixers come with Kenwood Chef recipe book. You can also download Kenwood Recipe App for free here (http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/cooking/kenwood-app).
Best Kenwood Mixer Reviews
Integrated with several attachments for mixing, kneading, chopping, blending, mincing, grinding, and a planetary rotation system that makes a beater and a bowl to rotate in opposite direction for thoroughly mixing is the Kenwood Mixer.
But with a wide range of Kenwood mixers; which one should you buy?Let us find out which one is good value for money.
1. Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer Reviews
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red weighs 8kg and of 36.1 x 22.3 x 34.9 cm size. Its color matches, glass liquidizer/ blender that is also available for optional purchase to complete its awesome look.
- It features 500watt motor that will ensure you can work with large quantities perfectly. With its 500 watt motor, the kmx51 gives you that soft start function’ and allows you to increase its speed gradually.
- It also features 6 variable control speed settings.
- Employs planetary mixing action and a fold function. With its planetary mixing action, you can mix ingredients very well. This is true because traditional beaters usually rotate in a circular motion. The Kenwood kmix kmx51 food mixer – red , however, moves in a planetary way. That is, while the beater revolves in one direction the socket turns in the opposite direction. This ensures that all the mixture is picked up from around the bowl, thus giving you a thorough mix.
- Features 2 power outlets: a bow outlet that you can use with the three other included bowl tools. The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red also features a slow speed, power outlet that is located at the front, behind the removable cover. This allows for a perfect balance of high-speed torque and slow speed allowing it to drive the specialized attachments like the pasta extruder and the meat grinder.
- Same as other Kenwood kmix stand mixers; the Kenwood kMix Red also comes with a 5 litre non-sticky bowl.
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red comes with 3 non-stick bowl tools: K beater, balloon whisk, dough hook, splashguard, and a spatula.
- Its K beater has angled fins to allow the beater to reach every area of the bowl. This feature makes it a very versatile tool regardless of whether you are making the pastry, creaming cake mixes, or you are just stirring ingredients gently.
- Its dough hook is for perfectly combining your ingredients producing a soft elastic dough. This means that all the hard work during the kneading process has been taken care of for you.
- The Kenwood KMix balloon whisk is for creating perfect foamy whipped mixtures. The shape of the whisk allows trapping of air while mixing thus creating maximum volume while the ingredients are whisked.
There is also an opportunity to buy extra attachments like the pasta maker, fruit press and meat grinder to mention but a few.
Some reviewers who bought the Kenwood kmix kmx51 stand mixer have complained that the kmix is a bit noisy.
Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red Reviews: Final Verdict
Would I recommend the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red? Yes a larger fraction of individuals who have used the product has praised it saying that.
- It is simple to use and clean.
- Cheaper than the KitchenAid mixer.
- Comes with easy to follow instruction manual and a leaflet that showcase other available additional attachments.
- It is a very retro and sturdy.
- This stand mixer is very affordable as compared to the others in the market.
- With the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L - Red cover, you will not have plumes of sugar icing shooting out into the air every time.
2. Kenwood MultiOne KHH326WH Stand Mixer, All in One Kitchen Machine
The Kenwood MultiOne KHH326WH Stand Mixer, All in One Kitchen Machine is the number one best all-in-one food processor in the UK market right now.
It comes as:
- A food processor – as a food processor the khh326wh comes with a knife blade , 3 grating and slicing discs. You can it for slicing, grating and chopping carrots, cheese, nuts, vegetables and much more. Here is our Best Food Processor for Grating Cheese 2019.
- a food mixer- as a food mixer the Kenwood khh326wh comes with 3 mixing attachments. A beater for beating eggs. A dough hook for kneading dough and a whisk for whipping creams and adding air into cake mixers.
- a 1.2 glass blender for making soups, smoothie and iced drinks,
- a juicer – as a juicer it comes with citrus and centrifugal attachments for making juice
- a mincer – as a mincer it comes with a meat grinding attachments and
- a liquidiser.
It features a very big 4.3 litre mixing bowl.
- poor hard to follow instruction manual
Check this Kenwood KHH326WH MultiOne Food Processor.
Notice: All other products reviewed below are currently unavailable on Amazon.
3. Kenwood Chef Premier Major kmm710 Kitchen Machine – The Best Kenwood Mixer For A Large Family
The Kenwood Premier Major kmm710 Kitchen Machine is also considered as one of the best food mixers for a large family. But is it worth it? Let us find out.
The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine features four power outlets, and each is optimized for a range of different preparation tasks. They include:
- The bowl outlet. It allows for further attachments to be used with this outlet inclusive of the mixing tools. For example, the ice cream maker. The high-speed power outlet is located at the top, back of the machine and allows for a variety of attachments like chopper to be used.
- The mixer features a slow-speed power outlet that has been positioned behind a removable front cover. It provides a balance of high torque and slow speed to drive its specialized attachments like the pasta roller and the compact chopper.
- This Kenwood mixer features a thermo-resist for smoothies, soups etc. The kmm770 major Premier thermo-resist blender uses the borosilicate glass, quite heavy thick glass. This glass has been selected specifically by the Kenwood Chef engineers because it has thermal resistance properties. This means that, with this glass you can go from blending very hot soup to blending cold drinks and ice without shattering or cracking the glass. The best part of the Kenwood major Premier mixer kmm770 heat resistant blender is that it is made in a way that you can remove blade and the bottom for cleaning.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine comes with a splash guard fitted that you can remove it. The kmm710 splash guard is situated on the top of the bowl for preventing mixtures from flying all over.
- Kenwood kmm710 includes also an electronic scales for weighing out ingredients.
- It comes with a 180 recipe book and an instruction CD/DVD.
- There is also a spatula included, a registration card and a UK plug.
Included with the Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine is the 3 standard mixing attachments: a dough hook that takes all the hard work of kneading bread out for you, stretching the flour’s gluten giving it a maximum rise. Kenwood major Premier kmm770 mixer kneads and mixes quickly and effortlessly making an elastic and smooth dough for a variety of pastries and bread,
A k-beater for sticky mixtures like cakes and pastries and a balloon shaped whisk that creates maximum volume. This mixes a lot of air, giving you a mixture a light and fluffy texture. This is good for soufflés, meringues, mousses, and cheesecakes.
There is also a wide range of more than 20 very usefully attachments like ice cream maker, meat grinder, pasta roller etc that you can buy as extras should you need them. Ability to accommodate a large number of extra attachments is a unique characteristic of most of the Kenwood chef food mixers.
- Compared to Kenwood km330; Kenwood mixer kmm770 is a little bulky on the worktop and a bit large to put away in the cupboard.
- It doesn’t have an outlet for a food processor.
- This Kenwood major is a bit loud that you’d need to raise your voice to hold a conversation; however, you are not going to use it that long for it to be an issue.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine is a bit quieter than its ancestor.
- It doesn’t take much space since it is taller than wide.
- It is easy to use and clean and it looks very good too.
- Its blender attachment is great and can blend mixtures in seconds.
- It is great value for money.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 is of great quality, solid built and powerful with many optional attachments.
- It mixes well in a short amount of time.
- It’s very simple to use, with a variable speed control for both the mixer and liquidizer. The Kenwood major Premier kmm770 liquidizer works well enough and seems quite sturdy.
- It is very durable. In addition, the appliance has received an average customer star rating of 96%. Kenwood kmm770 Premier has also been featured among the top stand mixers in the Amazon bestseller ranks.
4. Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is great for both beginners and established cook alike. It has been featured in many reviews as one of the best Kenwood chef mixers so far and is the number one Amazon best seller in the stand mixer category. (this mixer is currently unavailable on Amazon; alternatively check the Kenwood km330 which offers more less the same features as the km336)
Is this info good enough to make you buy this Kenwood chef mixer? What about continue reading to the end to find out more about the km336 .
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender is white in color, made up of aluminum and plastic, weighs 6kg, and of 39 x 23.5 x 29 cm size.
- It features 800-watt motor that is quite adequate for daily cooking needs.
- The km336 features 8 speeds and a pulse function that gives you a bit more control over the speed to which the ingredients get mixed.
- It has 2 power outlets: low-speed outlet for attachments like mincer and high-speed outlet for attachments like liquidizer and shredder. The Kenwood km336 power outlets are there to assist the chef mixer to take more additional attachments
- This Kenwood mixer also features a huge 4.6 litre stainless steel mixing bowl . The bowl has a splash guard with a hinged lid that allows other ingredients to be added without stopping the km336. Another use of the km336 Kenwood splash protector is for preventing mixtures from flying everywhere while mixing.
- A great flexible spatula also comes with Kenwood classic km336 to assist you put the mix into a baking tray.
- The machine also includes a 1.5 litre blender. The liquidizer is made of acrylic but fairly thick capable of blending many things from soups to smoothies but not recommended for ice.
- In addition, the km336 comes with a comprehensive recipe book with 180 recipes included, although for some of the recipes you need to buy additional accessories. The cookbook also offers instructions and information regarding all the available attachments and how to use them.
There are 3 basic attachments that come with the brand new Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White: flexi beater for cakes mashed potatoes, pastries etc, balloon whisk for whisking eggs, batter etc and dough hook for kneading.
There are also more than 20 attachments that you can buy from Amazon or Kenwood as needs arise such as the Kenwood km336 food mixer ice cream maker, meat grinder, pasta roller, shredder to mention but a few.
The food mixer package also comes with a spanner and instructions for adjusting the mixing attachments to enhance them reach slightly close to the bottom of the bowl for thorough mixing.
Note that proper attachments adjustment is necessary to get good results.
In addition to this the supplied attachments are not dishwasher safe; you just need to wash them manually with warm water and washing liquid.
With the Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White you also get a 1.5 litre liquidizer attachment for soups and smoothies.
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White attachments are not dishwasher safe.
- The liquidizer can be a bit tricky fitting it, as there it a bit of resistance when trying to lock it onto the km336.
- It is quite noisy in operation.
- There are lots of attachments to add on, but they are quite pricey.
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is excellent, sturdy and versatile as it comes with a liquidizer and great option of adding extra attachments later.
- Easy to use, clean and powerful enough to cope with 2kg of wholemeal bread dough.
- Its price at Amazon is just amazing considerably cheaper than elsewhere. It is actually very good value for money.
- Its dough hook and the plastic top that stops mixing food from flying out are great extras (this mixer is currently unavailable on Amazon).
Black Friday Kenwood Chef Mixer Deals
- Get 39% off Kenwood Chef KVC3100 Stand Mixer – Stylish food mixer in white, with K-beater, dough hook, whisk and 4.6L bowl [Energy Class A]
- Get 50% off Kenwood Prospero KM240 Stand Mixer, Powerful and Practical Food Mixer in Silver, with K-Beater, Dough Hook, Balloon Whisk and 4.3 Litre Bowl [Energy Class A]
- Get 46% off Kenwood KVL4100W Stand Mixer, 1200 W, 6.7 liters, White. deal is over.
- For more ongoing Kenwood deals, check it here.
Which Kenwood Chef Mixer Should I Buy? For more options, check the Best Food Mixer 2019 UK .