Ever asked yourself, ‘Which Kenwood Chef Mixer Should I Buy? or Which is the best Kenwood mixer ? Here is the answer.
I have been researching Kenwood Chef and the various models in their range for a while ranging from Kenwood Chef Major, Kenwood Titanium Chef, Kenwood Cooking Chef to Kenwood Chef Classic.
I hope my findings will help you make an informed choice on the model you finally decide to choose. For the purposes of this review, let us explore the four key models among the wide range of Kenwood chef mixers.
There are a number of different models available around the world, and this article will introduce you to the four main models of Kenwood Chef Food Mixers available in the UK.
The Best Kenwood Chef Mixer 2020
Should we research all Kenwood kitchen Chef? There is a chance of overwhelming if you took the task of exploring all the models produced by this manufacturer. However, from experience, there are four Best Kenwood Mixers mainly sold in the UK. The other models are either different versions of these four or those sold without warranty.
The top key mixers in the Kenwood chef range are (detailed review below):
- Kenwood Chef Elite (4.6 bowl). For the 6.7 bowl, check it here.
- Kenwood Chef Titanium 4.6 and 6.7 bowl .
- Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer 5 litre bowl. Only white colour is currently available on Amazon.
The Kenwood Chef Cooking are high-end products with increased functionality. So what exactly differentiates the different models from each other?
Best Kenwood Mixer Reviews
Integrated with several attachments for mixing, kneading, chopping, blending, mincing, grinding, and a planetary rotation system that makes a beater and a bowl to rotate in opposite direction for thoroughly mixing is the Kenwood Mixer.
But with a wide range of Kenwood mixers; which one should you buy? Let us find out which one is good value for money.
1. Kenwood Chief Elite vs Kenwood Chef Titanium
Both Kenwood Chef Elite and the Kenwood Chef Titanium are one of the best selling, top rated stand mixers on the market today. The key difference between chef elite and titanium is the motor power, in bowl illumination and so is the price tag.
- They both come in 4.6 and 6.7 litres bowl variations, meaning that you can either buy a 4. 6 litre Kenwood Chef Elite or Kenwood Chef Titanium 4.6 litre bowl mixer or the 6.7 litre chef elite stand mixer or the 6.7 litre bowl titanium stand mixerdepending on the size of your family or whether you are going to use it for making small or large batches of food.
- In comparison, you find out that while the 4.6 bowl chef elite is powered by 1200watts motor and its variation the 6.7 bowl mixer is powered by the 1400watts motor; The Kenwood Chef Titanium 4.6 bowl ,on the other hand, is powered by 1500watts, whereas its 6.7 litres is powered by the powerful 1700 watts motor for efficient mixing
- The Kenwood Chef Titanium has in bowl illumination to help you see how the mixer is mixing your ingredients while the chef elite lacks bowl light.
- In terms of price, 4.6 litre Kenwood Chef Elite is the cheapest, you get it under £500
What they have in common?
- Available in 4.6L and 6.7L variations
- Unique fold function that gives you better control over your work (25+ optional attachments)
- Easy head tilt function that helps you add ingredients easily
- Electronic speed control functionality
- Includes the full set of non-stick baking tools – K-beater, dough hook, whisk, splash guard, and spatula.
- Splash guard to keep your kitchen clean
- All tools are dishwasher-safe
Conclusion The two Kenwood stand mixers – Kenwood Chef Elite XL Stand Mixer for Baking- Powerful, Large Food Mixer with K-beater, Dough Hook, Whisk and 6.7 Litre Bowl, 1400 W, KVL6100S, Silver and Kenwood Chef TitaniumKVC7300S have many features in common.
The prime difference is their motors, which slightly vary in power. There are also some differences such as in the in bowl light and the price tag.
2. Kenwood kMix vs Chef XL
The difference between Kenwood kMixand Chef XL is on stand mixer design, colour options, bowl size and design, number of optional attachments, motor power and assurance, and the price. Whereas the kMix is quite stylish, slimmer and tall in body and comes in black, white, red and cream colours to choose from. The Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer, on the other hand, is a simple, very powerful mixer, tall and wider in body but comes in silver colour only.
And when comes to the bowl size and design, you find that whereas Kenwood kMix comes with only one size 5 litre bowl to choose from; the Chef XL comes in 4.6 and 6.7 bowl size to choose from. The new kMix 754 stand mixer bowl is of glass material whereas that of xl is of stainless steel.
The kMix glass bowl is to help you see what is happening on the inside when the mixer is on the action. It also has has graduations that helps you to measure liquid ingredients. However, the chef xl instead of the glass bowl, it has in-bowl halo illumination to also help you see what is happening with your mixes, but no graduation on its bowl.
If you prefer the kMix with stainless steel bowl over the glass one, you can go for the old version 750 Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer.
Another difference is on the number of additional attachments you can buy to make you mixer a one and all kitchen machine, whereby you can buy up to 25 plus additional attachment with Chef XL; you can only buy 10 plus additional accessories with Kenwood kMix for rolling pasta, making smoothie, grinding meat and more.
There is also a difference in motor power and assurance, wherby Kenwood Chef Titanium XL XL 4.6 bowl is powered by 1500w motor and the 6.7 bowl by 1700 watts motor ; kMix Stand Mixer, 5 litre bowl is powered by 1000 watts motor. Of course XL is more powerful to handle a lot of other additional attachments with different speeds than the kMix.
On top of that, there is also difference in motor assurance where you get 10 years motor assurance on Kenwood Chef Titanium XL compared to 5 years of Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer. By price, kmix is the cheaper than the chef xl.
Apart from the differences:
- They both come with non-stick stainless steel baking tools namely K-beater, balloon whisk and a dough hook. You also get a splash guard and spatula
- They both also have variable speed setting that adjusts itself to the type of food mixed
- Their heads tilts so that you can add ingredients easily
- Both employ planetary mixing action for perfect mixing up ingredients
- They all have fold function that helps to fold and layer ingredients, perfect feature for making meringues.
Check the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer with K-beater, dough hook and whisk, 5L glass bowl, removable splash guard, 1000 W and or Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer – Powerful and stylish kitchen machine in silver, with K-beater, dough hook, whisk and 6.7L bowl, 1700w.
3. Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer Reviews
Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer is silver in color, weighs 10kg, of 40.8 x 23.8 x 34.3 cm size and powered by a 1500watt motor. It is for creative and inspired cooks who are looking for performance in the kitchen. But is the Kenwood chef worth it? Let us figure out. This Kenwood titanium kitchen machine is suitable for a large family
The best features of the Kenwood chef titanium machine include: Its large 6.7-litre mixing bowl. This bowl is appropriate for handling large amounts of dough and cakes mix to cater for a big family. The Kenwood chef titanium features a thermo-resist blender.
The blender uses a high-quality borosilicate glass. This glass is best known for its thermal shock resistant properties. This means that with the glass, you can go from blending hot soup to blending cold drinks and ice. Without shattering or breaking the glass. Unlike Kenwood chef classic km330; this Kenwood mixer features four power outlets. Each power outlet is set to prepare a range of foods. They include the bowl outlet. This allows using further accessories. For example, the ice cream maker attachment.
The slow speed outlet situated on the back of the removable front cover. This provides a balance of both the high torque and slow speed. , thus driving specialized attachments like the pasta roller and the multi-food grinder. The Kenwood chef features a planetary mixing action. Traditional beaters usually rotate in a circular motion. This chef, yet, moves in a planetary way. That is, while the beater revolves in one direction the socket turns in the other direction. This ensures that all the mixture get mixed up from around the bowl, thus giving you a thorough mix.Its package also comes with 5-year warranty. You need to register your gadget on Kenwood website.
Attachments:The Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer comes with: a food processor and 4 standard attachments. : A k beater, balloon whisk, creaming beater and a Thermo Resist glass blender. 1. A dough hook takes all that hard work of kneading bread and stretches the flour’s gluten to get the largest rise.
By mixing and kneading the Kenwood titaniummakes an elastic and smooth dough. Great for making pastries and bread. The balloon-shaped whisk is for creating maximum space. This feature allows mixing of a lot of air, giving the mixture a fluffy texture. This feature is good for soufflés, cheesecakes, meringues, and mousses. Creaming beater is for mixing soft mixtures. The Kenwood titanium chef machine also comes with a very hand splash guard. This is for preventing food splashes and spillage. Besides this is a spatula, instruction DVD, registration card and a plug. The Kenwood stand mixer titanium also features a K Beater. This beater helps reach all the areas of the bowl; this helps you to achieve a superior mix. It is suitable for spicy meatballs, traditional cakes, pasta dough, biscuits, and pastry. The best part of this Kenwood Chef Mixer is that it can take more besides its 3 standard attachments.
- Kenwood chef titanium is a bit loud and
- Its whisk does not reach the bottom as expected. But, the mixer comes with the spanner to adjust the attachments, be sure to use it.
Conclusion: In as much as it has its cons, most clients recommend the Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer to their friends. commented on the machine saying that it:
- Has a good base with a satisfying weight.
- It is super easy to clean.
- Considering its features, this Kenwood mixer price is reasonable.
- It is very efficient.
- When mixing the dough, there is no clear strain. Besides, the appliance has received an average customer star rating of 96%.
- You definitely need this Kenwood Chef Titanium XL KVC8300S Stand Mixer for adventurous diverse cooking.
4. Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer Reviews
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer weighs 8kg and of 36.1 x 22.3 x 34.9 cm size. Its color matches, glass liquidizer/ blender that is also available for optional purchase to complete its awesome look.
- It features 500watt motor that will ensure you can work with large quantities perfectly. With its 500 watt motor, the kmx51 gives you that soft start function’ and allows you to increase its speed gradually.
- It also features 6 variable control speed settings.
- Employs planetary mixing action and a fold function. With its planetary mixing action, you can mix ingredients very well. This is true because traditional beaters usually rotate in a circular motion. The Kenwood kmix kmx51 food mixer – red , however, moves in a planetary way. That is, while the beater revolves in one direction the socket turns in the opposite direction. This ensures that all the mixture is picked up from around the bowl, thus giving you a thorough mix.
- Features 2 power outlets: a bow outlet that you can use with the three other included bowl tools. The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red also features a slow speed, power outlet that is located at the front, behind the removable cover. This allows for a perfect balance of high-speed torque and slow speed allowing it to drive the specialized attachments like the pasta extruder and the meat grinder.
- Same as other Kenwood kmix stand mixers; the Kenwood kMix Red also comes with a 5 litre non-sticky bowl.
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer comes with 3 non-stick bowl tools: K beater, balloon whisk, dough hook, splashguard, and a spatula.
- Its K beater has angled fins to allow the beater to reach every area of the bowl. This feature makes it a very versatile tool regardless of whether you are making the pastry, creaming cake mixes, or you are just stirring ingredients gently.
- Its dough hook is for perfectly combining your ingredients producing a soft elastic dough. This means that all the hard work during the kneading process has been taken care of for you.
- The Kenwood KMix balloon whisk is for creating perfect foamy whipped mixtures. The shape of the whisk allows trapping of air while mixing thus creating maximum volume while the ingredients are whisked.
There is also an opportunity to buy extra attachments like the pasta maker, fruit press and meat grinder to mention but a few.
Some reviewers who bought the Kenwood kmix kmx51 stand mixer have complained that the kmix is a bit noisy.
Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red Reviews: Final Verdict
Would I recommend the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer ? Yes a larger fraction of individuals who have used the product has praised it saying that.
- It is simple to use and clean.
- Cheaper than the KitchenAid mixer.
- Comes with easy to follow instruction manual and a leaflet that showcase other available additional attachments.
- It is a very retro and sturdy.
- This stand mixer is very affordable as compared to the others in the market.
- With the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer cover, you will not have plumes of sugar icing shooting out into the air every time.
5. Kenwood MultiOne KHH326WH Stand Mixer, All in One Kitchen Machine
The Kenwood MultiOne KHH326WH Stand Mixer, All in One Kitchen Machine is the number one best all-in-one food processor in the UK market right now.
It comes as:
- A food processor – as a food processor the khh326wh comes with a knife blade , 3 grating and slicing discs. You can it for slicing, grating and chopping carrots, cheese, nuts, vegetables and much more. Here is our Best Food Processor for Grating Cheese 2019.
- a food mixer- as a food mixer the Kenwood khh326wh comes with 3 mixing attachments. A beater for beating eggs. A dough hook for kneading dough and a whisk for whipping creams and adding air into cake mixers.
- a 1.2 glass blender for making soups, smoothie and iced drinks,
- a juicer – as a juicer it comes with citrus and centrifugal attachments for making juice
- a mincer – as a mincer it comes with a meat grinding attachments and
- a liquidiser.
Kenwood MultiOne KHH326WH Stand Mixer, All in One Kitchen Machine features a very big 4.3 litre mixing bowl.
- poor hard to follow instruction manual
6. Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is great for both beginners and established cook alike. It has been featured in many reviews as one of the best Kenwood chef mixers so far and is the number one Amazon best seller in the stand mixer category.
Is this info good enough to make you buy this Kenwood chef mixer? What about continue reading to the end to find out more about the km336 .
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer is white in color, made up of aluminum and plastic, weighs 6kg, and of 39 x 23.5 x 29 cm size.
- It features 800-watt motor that is quite adequate for daily cooking needs.
- The km336 features 8 speeds and a pulse function that gives you a bit more control over the speed to which the ingredients get mixed.
- It has 2 power outlets: low-speed outlet for attachments like mincer and high-speed outlet for attachments like liquidizer and shredder. The Kenwood km336 power outlets are there to assist the chef mixer to take more additional attachments
- This Kenwood mixer also features a huge 4.6 litre stainless steel mixing bowl . The bowl has a splash guard with a hinged lid that allows other ingredients to be added without stopping the km336. Another use of the km336 Kenwood splash protector is for preventing mixtures from flying everywhere while mixing.
- A great flexible spatula also comes with Kenwood classic km336 to assist you put the mix into a baking tray.
- The machine also includes a 1.5 litre blender. The liquidizer is made of acrylic but fairly thick capable of blending many things from soups to smoothies but not recommended for ice.
- In addition, the km336 comes with a comprehensive recipe book with 180 recipes included, although for some of the recipes you need to buy additional accessories. The cookbook also offers instructions and information regarding all the available attachments and how to use them.
There are 3 basic attachments that come with the brand new Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White : flexi beater for cakes mashed potatoes, pastries etc, balloon whisk for whisking eggs, batter etc and dough hook for kneading.
There are also more than 20 attachments that you can buy from Amazon or Kenwood as needs arise such as the Kenwood km336 food mixer ice cream maker, meat grinder, pasta roller, shredder to mention but a few.
The food mixer package also comes with a spanner and instructions for adjusting the mixing attachments to enhance them reach slightly close to the bottom of the bowl for thorough mixing.
Note that proper attachments adjustment is necessary to get good results.
In addition to this the supplied attachments are not dishwasher safe; you just need to wash them manually with warm water and washing liquid.
With the Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White you also get a 1.5 litre liquidizer attachment for soups and smoothies.
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White attachments are not dishwasher safe.
- The liquidizer can be a bit tricky fitting it, as there it a bit of resistance when trying to lock it onto the km336.
- It is quite noisy in operation.
- There are lots of attachments to add on, but they are quite pricey.
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is excellent, sturdy and versatile as it comes with a liquidizer and great option of adding extra attachments later.
- Easy to use, clean and powerful enough to cope with 2kg of wholemeal bread dough.
- Its price at Amazon is just amazing considerably cheaper than elsewhere. It is actually very good value for money.
- Its dough hook and the plastic top that stops mixing food from flying out are great extras
Black Friday Kenwood Chef Mixer Deals:
- Get 39% off Kenwood Chef KVC3100 Stand Mixer – Stylish food mixer in white, with K-beater, dough hook, whisk and 4.6L bowl [Energy Class A]
- Get 50% off Kenwood Prospero KM240 Stand Mixer, Powerful and Practical Food Mixer in Silver, with K-Beater, Dough Hook, Balloon Whisk and 4.3 Litre Bowl [Energy Class A]
- Get 46% off Kenwood KVL4100W Stand Mixer, 1200 W, 6.7 liters, White. deal is over.
- For more ongoing Kenwood deals, check it here.
Kenwood Chef Mixer Reviews
A number of details and variants separate the four different models. These are:
- The power of the motor in Watts (W)
- The size of the bowl (capacity), is it a 6.7 litre or 4.6?
- The quality of material used especially for the attachments and bowls
- The range and functionality of accessories that accompany the model
- How the power outlets are configured. Do they make the model to be compatible with many other accessories?
Apart from these four models, there are other variants based on colour that closely mirror the four I have already mentioned. These are :
- Kitchen Chef Kenwood A701a.
For the remaining versions, it’s a matter of which one comes with more attachments to suit your specifications. Here is the kicker: which one of these Chef Kenwood is heads and above the rest and yet moderately priced.
Sometimes it might seem like buying a Mixer Kenwood Chef is more or less like buying a car. You have to consider things like the engine motor, the attachments, accessories, and material used and the trim. Trouble is, not everything is configured and straightforward as you might want it. You have to work out what actually fits your needs to get that perfect product of your choice. By the end of the day the best one is the one that is within your budget.
The four main models we explore here range from a couple hundred quid to slightly under five hundred quid. At the outset, this might seem like a lot of money but this gadget belongs to that league of products which whenever you use it, you will always pat yourself with satisfaction and say “money well spent”. On a general note, you will pay slightly more for the type of material used in the gadget, the power, and more power outlets. For instance, a 800W motor will be slightly cheaper than the 1500W. The more pricy mixers use more sturdy material and the finish is also more polished than the less costly ones. For example, whereas the Classic Kenwood Chef is built using plastic and cast die aluminum, the Kenwood Titanium Chef Mixer range uses solid aluminum with no plastic.
The high-end Kenwood Chef Major Titanium:
Kenwood Titanium Chef are both sold with a food processor and juice extractor attached to them. They also have a medium speed feature in their outlets that works really well with food processors. The Kenwood Chef Titanium Major also come with a thermoresist blender. Meanwhile, the Kenwood Classic Chef and the Kenwood Premier Chef have only slow and high speed.
The quality of the accessories also differs depending on the price. The blender that forms part of the accessories in the Kenwood Chef classic mixer is made from the plastic material while the blender in the chef titanium is made of glass. The food processor attached to the titanium and chef premier is quite solid. Most customer reviews say glowing things about it, so when you buy a high-end Kenwood you also get a quality food processor as well.
The bigger and studier the mixer is the more costly it becomes.
Kenwood Chef Attachments, Accessories & Spares
All the Kenwood Chef Mixers come with 3 basic attachments: a dough hook, k-beater, and a balloon whisk.
There are more than 20 additional attachments that you can buy at any time ranging from mincer, shredder, ice-cream maker, pasta roller, potato peeler, juice extractor, liquidizer and many more. You will need also to buy Kenwood Chef cover to keep your stand mixer from accumulating dust.
What I like about Kenwood appliances is that they don’t keep changing the way that attachments fit their machines and often attachments can be used on more than one machine.
Kenwood Chef Recipes
All Kenwood Chef mixers come with Kenwood Chef recipe book. You can also download Kenwood Recipe App for free here (http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/cooking/kenwood-app).
Which Kenwood Chef Mixer Should I Buy? For more options, check the Best Food Mixer 2020 UK .