If you are looking for the best stand mixers under 100, then you have come to the right place. The basic accessories composition of each of these electric mixing machines include a dough tool, a beater and a whisking tool. These is all you need for everything mixing, kneading and whipping ingredients. The machine help you to carry out all these repetitive work with ease using a built in rotating technology. Some key things to consider when buying a food mixer on budget are: bowl size, motor power, cost of replacement parts and attachments and speeds. If you are on a budget, an affordable stand mixer that has most of these key components is all you need to help you make cakes, bread, cookies, meringue, soufflé , buttercream frosting, and more. In this post, I will be sharing with you my top 5 picks for the best budget stand mixers under £100 UK 2022 – Cheap, Affordable yet Good Quality food mixers.
Here are the best selling mixers right now on Amazon:
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 16:40 / // Source: Amazon
Best Stand Mixers under £100 UK 2022
1. Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer – under 100
|Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer for Baking with Bowl, Dough Mixer, 4-in-1 Beater/Whisk/Dough Hook and...||£79.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 11:01 / // Source: AmazonThe Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer – 4-in-1 is a compact and powerful budget-friendly stand mixer. It has a 5.5L bowl, 1500-watt motor enough to perform most food preparation demands. One of its key features is the flex edge beater. The flex edge beater is a metal attachment with silicone edges that is used for scraping the ingredients away from the edges and bottom of the bowl to ensure every ingredient is mixed properly. The silicone edges stop the batter from sticking to the metal. The silicone is dishwasher safe and does not absorb odours as rubber would. The flex edge beater is typically used for making cookie dough, cake batter, mayonnaise, whipped cream, and frosting.
The Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer comes in 4 colours (Pink, Silver, Black and Red) so you can choose a colour that fits your style. You get a large mixing bowl of 5.5 litres with the usual basic attachments (whisks, dough hooks and beaters).
The Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer – 4-in-1 runs on a top-performing motor powered by 1500 Watts 6 speeds. With this power and speeds, you can virtually prepare anything with it.
- Heska stand mixer has a tilt head for effortless use and access.
- It has a splash guard and a flex -edge beater
- It comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Larger 5.5-litre mixing bowl and bowl cover to work with
- 5 attachments (flat beater, hook for your dough, egg whisk and flax edge beater)
- Anti-slip suction cups to steady the mixer when in use and tilt-head for accessibility
- You have a choice of 4 colours to choose from
Its made of stainless steel with only a few parts that are of plastic, It features a pulse function for complete mixing. In spite of the powerful motor, this mixer operates on low noise.
The Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer - 4-in-1 obviously has a large mixing bowl for mixers of budget range and 4 attachments that include a metallic beater. It also comes with two belts for decoration and a safety lifting switch for your convenience.
It is a bit noisy on high settings.
All in all, this is a reliable affordable budget mixer that will give you some functionalities like 6 speeds, flex edge beater that can only be found in premium mixers. Although it has some plastic bits, it is sturdy and reliable and will give you value for money.
Check it out , Heska -1500W Food Stand Mixer for Baking with Bowl, Dough Mixer, 4-in-1 Beater/Whisk/Dough Hook and Extra Flex Edge Beater - Large Mixing Bowl with Splash Guard (Dishwasher Safe attachments)(Red) .
2.Tower T12033RG Stand Mixer- under 100
|Tower T12033 3-in-1 Stand Mixer with 6 Speeds and Pulse Setting, 1000 W, Black||£70.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 13:42 / // Source: AmazonThe Tower T12033RG Stand Mixer is another great option if you are looking for a budget-friendly option. It features six speeds in addition to a pulse feature to select from, each catering to a range of baking requirements, therefore your dough is actually provided with the ideal consistency and prepared to be baked. It has planetary mixing capacity, a flash guard and a 1000 watt motor; enough power to handle most domestic baking. It has a chrome finish that will last for years, no wonder they give you three years warranty. It’s very easy to wash.
The T12033RG Stand Mixer under £100 is one of the number one best selling stand mixer on Amazon right now. Here are its key features:
- The tower stand mixer comes with a nice big 5 litre stainless steel bowl with a see-through splash guard
- It is powered by a 1000 watts motor that is good enough for making dough, cake mixtures, mashing potatoes and more
- Like other cheap stand mixers, Tower mixer comes with 3 attachments: a dough hook, balloon whisk and flat beater for everything beating, whisking and kneading
- Has 6 variable speed control setting with pulse to give you control over the speed of your mixer and texture of your food
- Comes in black and rose gold color only
- For peace of mind, you get three years guarantee
- Its attachments are not dishwasher safe
- like most stand mixers, its attachment does not reach the bottom, you might need to use a spatula to help it out. Otherwise, it a good stand mixer for its price.
Verdict: The Tower 3 in 1 comes in stylish striking colours of black and rose gold, it has planetary action, a splash guard a decent 5-litre capacity stainless bowl,6 speeds and a three-year warranty. All these are key features to consider in a quality stand mixer for intermediate bakers and that is why this mixer is our top pick for the best budget stand mixers.
3. Aucma Stand Mixer,6.2L Tilt-Head Food Mixer under 100
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 11:01 / // Source: AmazonIf you are looking for a high-quality stand mixer that will not break the bank, then the Aucma Stand Mixer is a great option.
Aucma Stand Mixer delivers ultimate motor power of 1400 Watts and flexibility. The 6.2 liter bowl with glass base is made from stainless steel with a mirror finish which makes it easy to clean. It has a metal flat beater, dual-direction rotary beater and dough hook for maximum versatility and efficient processing. For safety, the mixer has an automatic shutoff mechanism once the mixing process is complete. The only reason why Aucma Stand Mixer is not our topmost choice is because it doesn’t have planetary action. But that should not be a deal-breaker because it has dual rotary attachments that improve your mixing efficiency.
The Aucma 1400 watts Stand Mixer stands outs because the stainless steel bowl comes with a see-through splash guard with chute to help you see how the ingredients are being mixed and allow you to add ingredients while the stand mixer is in action. The best part, its bowl has handles to help you move it around easily. It comes in black, red, silver and champagne colour variations to choose from. Below are some of its key features.
- Like any other stand mixer, Aucma includes 3 basic attachments: the dough hook for kneading, whisk for whisking cake mixtures, creams and butter and the mixing beater for beating eggs
- The mixer weighs approximately 5 kilograms.
- Aucma stand mixer has an LED light which works as a power indicator.
- It is easy to use, clean and store
- This best affordable stand mixer is powered by 1400 watts motors which power the six-speed gears and pulse.
- It also features tilt design head at the press of the button to help remove the bowl easily or add ingredients easily
- The Aucma has anti slip feet which keeps it in place while mixing
- Compared to most stand mixer, the Aucma stand mixer is less noisy while in action.
Apart from that, if you are considering buying the best budget stand mixer 2022 UK, consider the Aucma Stand Mixer,7L Tilt-Head Food Mixer. What makes this stand mixer stand out is the fact that comes with a 2 years warranty which is a testament to its durability. It has a large easy to clean stainless bowl of 6.2 litres which can be used for both large and small quantities. It has six speeds with a pulse which gives you control regarding acceleration and deceleration when mixing. The tilt head makes it easy to easily manouvre the bowl distance to the beater while the anti slip makes the bowl lock into place when in use. The only downside is that it doesn’t have planetary function but the dual direction beater makes up for that. You also have to scrape the mixture from the walls, which can be a bit annoying but all in all this is quite a functional and decent budget stand mixer for the intermediate user. I hope this stand mixer review has enlightened you on the mixer.
4. MisterChef® Professional Electric Kitchen 1400W Food Stand Mixer – under 100
|MisterChef PRO Professional Electric Kitchen 1600W Food Stand Mixer - BIG BOWL - 3 Attachments:...||£129.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 18:34 / // Source: AmazonThe MisterChef® Professional Electric Kitchen Stand Mixer has a 1400 Watt motor and a large 5.5-litre that can be used to prepare a wide range of dishes, with all sorts of ingredients both as simple or complex as you want. It has a stainless steel design that ensures that the machine is both durable and easy to clean. It has a safety auto shut off feature and planetary mixing action which are important features in a good stand mixer.
|MisterChef PRO Professional Electric Kitchen 1600W Food Stand Mixer - BIG BOWL - 3 Attachments:...||£129.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 18:34 / // Source: AmazonThe MisterChef® Professional Electric Kitchen 1400W Food Stand Mixer is one of the best cheap stand mixers under £100 that has a dishwasher safe bowl with a see-through splash guard and graduation measurement.
- Like all other best stand mixers under £100, MisterChef stand mixer also comes with 3 basic mixing attachments: beater, dough hook and a whisk
- It is powered by a powerful 1400 watts motor, an upgrade from the previous 800 watts motor, with 6 speeds control settings; good enough for cakes, cookies and break mixtures among others
- Variable speed control with auto shut off.
- Powerful 1400 watt and triple planetary mixing action.
- Large capacity 5.5 litres stainless bowl (enough for mixing dough for more than a dozen large pizzas) ensured even mixing, developed for heavy tasks such as kneading dough or potatoes. Mixing capacity of up to 1.5 kg of flour possible without the risk of overheating the motor.
- Bowl Cover for mixing and kneading ingredients quickly and easily, with no mess. (for large amounts of product).
- Planetary mixing action for a thorough mix, even on sugary or oily products.
- The beater has been designed to withstand motor overheating. Easy to clean, as it is removable from the shaft and dishwasher safe.
It’s mixing attachment (beater) , like in many other stand mixers, does not reach the bottom, you need to help it a bit turning mixtures around using a spatula to scrape the edges. It is also a little bit noisy on high settings but this is common in many budget mixers.
Verdict: This mixer has planetary mixing action for effective mixing. The tilt-head also makes it easy to adjust the beater to reach as far to the bottom of the bowl as possible for better mixing of ingredients. It is easy to clean and has a two-year warranty for peace of mind. Check the MisterChef® Professional Electric Kitchen 1400W Food Stand Mixer here on Amazon.
5. Cooks Professional Electric Compact Stand Mixer – under 100
Cooks Professional Electric Compact Stand Mixer is an affordable budget mixer that is multifunctional. It has a 1000 w motor that generates enough power to undertake most baking tasks kneading and mixing. It has a 4.5-litre stainless steel bowl and three attachments (whisk, flat beater and a dough hook). All of the attachments have their own respective functions that are designed to help with specific recipes. The dough hook helps you mix a variety of doughs, including pizza dough. The splash guard assists you in adding ingredients during cooking, and the whisk helps add air to your cream and create airy whipped cream, as well as mini cakes and cookies. The splash guard helps you to add ingredients while the bowl is fixed. It is easy and simple to use. When not in use, it features a compact design that makes it easy to store.
|Cooks Professional Stand Mixer - 8 Speed 4.5L Mixing Bowl 1000W electric cake mixer with Mixing...||£69.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-19 at 11:01 / // Source: AmazonThe Cooks Professional Electric Compact Stand Mixer comes in red, silver and cream colour option to choose from.
- It has a large 4.5 stainless steel mixing bowl, large enough for making big batches of food per time.
- The bowl includes a plastic splash guard to prevent food from flying over and messing your kitchen
- It comes with 3 mixing tools: a beater for beating eggs, whisk for adding air into the mixture and a dough hook for kneading
- This mixer is powered by 1000watts powerful motor and employs planetary mixing action same as Kenwood mixers for mixing up ingredients perfectly
- Good for a medium to a large family or person who makes large batches of food at once
- To give you control over the mixing speed, Cooks includes 8 speeds variable control settings with a pulse
- For peace of mind, you are provided with two years warranty
What separates the Cooks Professional Electric Compact Stand Mixer from other budget options is the 8 variable speed settings with pulse that give you ultimate control on the range of speeds you want to use whether its whipping or slow for combining. It has tilt head and and splash guard to avoid any messes. It comes with a two year warranty for peace of mind.
Verdict: The selling point is the 8 speeds which slightly more than the average 6 speeds in most budget mixers. It also has a sizeable bowl and a two-year warranty. It is lightweight and looks like a good option for occasional domestic baking. Check the Cooks Professional Stand Mixer - 8 Speed 4.5L Mixing Bowl 1000W electric cake mixer with Mixing Bowl, Splash Guard, Balloon Whisk, Beater & Dough Hook.
Is A Standing Mixer Worth It?
If you are into cooking and love making bread, cakes, cookies and creams from scratches then a stand mixer is worth it. You can get one for under 100 pounds like the one reviewed in this article or can go for expensive stand mixers like Kenwood Chef XL or Kitchenaid Artisan.
- With every electric mixer, you get a dough hook for kneading, a beater for sponge mixtures, and a whisk for whisking eggs and creams.
- It is easy and fast to mix small quantities of food with your hands but when comes to mixing, whipping, or kneading a large amount of bread dough for instance then having a mixer at hand will make your life easier
- Stand mixers save you time, it is like another pair of hands, it can be mixing while you are washing up your dishes or doing other kitchen tasks while monitoring it.
What Can You Use Affordable Stand Food Mixer for?
Knowing what to use a stand mixer for will help you make a wise decision as to whether you should buy the expensive stand mixer or the best stand mixer affordable one.
Generally, all stand mixers both cheap and expensive ones include three standard accessories: a dough hook, a beater and a whisk. These three tools are all you need for everything to do with mixing, kneading, and whisking. You also get a splash guard for covering and keeping your food away from dust and avoid creating a mess in case there is spillage.
- A dough hook is for kneading pizza dough, bread dough, and cookies dough
- A beater is for everything mixing: For instance, mixing cake batters. You can also use it for mashing potatoes. Now if you buy an expensive food mixer like Kenwood Chef XL Titanium, you will get not only a standard beater but also a Flexi beater. The flex beater helps scratch the sides of the bowl making sure everything is mixed well without the need of using a spatula
- A whisk is for whisking eggs and whipping creams
Stand mixers can do more than kneading, whisking and beating. This is where the expensive stand mixers come in. Most of them are multipurpose kitchen machines, they include a variety of attachments to help them perform multiple tasks at once. Depending on the model you buy, you can get ice cream maker, blender for making smoothies, sausage maker, pasta roller, food processor, and more. This is quite good if you do not have all these other additional kitchen appliances.
For stand mixers like Kenwood and Kitchenaid, you can buy up to 20 extra attachments to make your gadget as a one for all best kitchen appliance. And with the fact that these brands mixer last long, you can rest assured that you have buy something worth it.
How do Budget Stand Mixers Work?
These is how the stand mixers work:
- Read the instruction manual provided to get you familiar with your machine
- Assembling its parts, clean those that needs to be clean such as the mixing bowl and its attachment before first use
- Decide which attachment you are going to use first and attach it
- Fix the mixing bowl
- Plugin the electric mixing machine
- Add ingredients
- Put a splash guard
- Choose a mixing speed
- Switch it on and let the mixer do its work
- Note: Some stand mixers feature planetary mixing action. This makes the bowl and accessories to rotate at the same time but in opposite direction to the mixing attachment for thorough mixing.
What is a Stand Mixer?
A stand mixer also referred to as a food mixer is a small kitchen appliance for kneading pizza, bread, and cookie dough, mixing ingredients especially cake batter, whipping eggs, creams, and more. Some of these gadgets are multifunctional, they come with additional attachments such as a blender for making smoothies, a food processor for chopping, slicing, and micing, a grinder for grinding meat, spices, and coffee beans, sausage, and ice cream maker, and more. Some of these extra attachments need to buy them separately.
Each electric standing mixer also comes with a bowl and a splash guard. The bowl capacity ranges from half a litre to 7.5 litres. Apart from stand mixers for home use; there is also commercials stand mixers with a capacity of over 25 litres. This helps cater to each family’s needs from individuals, couples, small to large families to commercial needs. A splash guard or cover is there to help keep your food away from dust. There are also variable speed control settings that give you control over the mixing speed of your ingredients.
The capacity in which the mixer performs, its motor power, and brand determine the price you end up paying from £40 to £600. Other brands are more popular than the other such as Kenwood and Kitchenaid. They last longer up to 30 years as people claims but they are quite priced too. With them comes multiple attachments that extend the functionality of your gadget from basic mixing, kneading, and whipping to blending, food processing, making sausages, ice cream, pasta, and more. With them, you can perform multiple tasks simultaneously. These pricey premium models is what everyone dreams of but if you are on a budget and have other kitchen appliances in place going for an affordable stand mixer is worth it.
Most cheap models lasts between 1 and 5 years. This however, depends on how you use and take care of it.
What to Look for when Buying A Stand Mixer under 100 pounds?
- Bowl size: Stand mixers come in different sizes from 1 litre to 7.5 litres larger bowl capacity. Choose which one to go for based on whether you are going to use it for making large batches of food or cater for only 2 people
- Power – this one is debatable as models with less power like Kitchenaid that features 300 watts motor are considered powerful as Kenwood with up to 1500 watts motor. A powerful mixer helps mix heavy dough effortlessly.
- Budget: Are you looking to spend 100 pounds or less or over £500?
- Colour: They come in different colours to match your kitchen decor: Blue, red, cream, white and more. Choose the one that will match or complement your other kitchen appliances
- Use: Are you planning to use it for basic mixing, kneading and whipping tasks or want the one with additional attachments to help you make everything you have ever dream of!
- Replacement parts: Are parts available for sale in case your beater get broken or want an extra bowl?
How to Use and Care for Your Stand Mixer
- Always start by reading the instruction manual provided to help you familiarize yourself with your mixer: how many amounts of flour or other ingredients can it handle. What are the minimum and maximum food capacity your machine can handle
- When mixing it is advised to always start at a low speed then increase it to avoid splashing
- Most stand mixers mixing tools do not reach the bowl bottom. This requires you sometimes to use a spatula to help it but do not do so when the machine is in action. Read the manual to see how to adjust your beaters and whisking tool so that they do not touch the bowl bottom as it might cause bowl scratches but also not to be too far from the bowl. A good setting will help reduce frequently spatula use.
- Are the stand mixer parts dishwasher safe? Check the accompanying user guide to find out before washing them to avoid damaging or discoloring them
- Freeze the bowl before whipping creams. This will help you make the fluffiest whipped cream
So, these are my top 5 picks for the best stand mixers under 100 pounds. I hope that this article has helped you in making a decision on which one to buy.
Which is your best budget stand mixer UK 2022 so far? Check the Black Friday Stand Mixer Deals UK 2022 & Cyber Monday Sale.