Looking for the Best Budget Stand Mixer? Check these top 5 leading cheap food mixers under £100; they are quite affordable and worth the investment.
Best Budget Stand Mixer UK 2018
1. Andrew James 1300 Watt Electric Food Stand Mixer In Classic Cream
Whether you are a serious or an amateur cook; Andrew James 1300 Watt Electric Food Stand Mixer In Classic Cream is right for you.
It comes with 2 years warranty that covers the full package with the exception of the “wear and tear” of the individual parts.
But is this Andrew James Mixer worth it? Let us find out.
Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer Review
- The Andrew James Electric Stand Mixer In Classic Cream is very very cheap compared to Kenwood Chef Mixer.
- It weighs 6kg and of 19 x 36 x 35 cm size.
- It is powered by 1500watt motor.
- Similarly to Andrew James electric food mixer red; this AJ000509 with splash guard features 6 control speeds setting. As you might be aware that different food demand different mixing speed and this is what the 6 control speed setting of range 1 to 6 are aimed at giving you full control at to the speed in which your food get mixed.
- There is 2 years warranty that covers the full package with the exception of the “wear and tear” of the individual parts.
- You can use it in making cakes, meringues, pizza dough, sauces just name them.
- It has a good score of 4.3 out of maximum 5 customer stars rating at Amazon.
There are four standard attachments that comes with it namely: a dough hook, flexi beater, a balloon whisk and a beater blade. These attachments is all you need for all things mixing, whipping, stirring and kneading.
It is advised however, that if you want to achieve the best cake or any stick food mix; you should always use the flexi beater and not a beater blade for mixing sticky ingredients.
Apart from the four attachments; the this AJ000509 in classic cream comes with a 5.2 litre mixing bowl, a free 128 pages cookbook featuring delicious bread and cakes recipes. It is also accompanied with a splash guard for holding food from spreading all-over while mixing, and a spatula for helping you put ingredients into the baking tray.
What Customers Say?
The stand mixer Andrew James in classic cream is very easy to unpack, set it up, use and clean. Remember the user guide accompanied with this AJ000509 requires you to clean the gadget thoroughly before start using it. And don’t immense this gadget on water while cleaning.
- It is at of a good price range.
- Its cook book is great to getting started.
- Its 5.2 litre bowl is big enough for most average recipes.
- It is strong, sturdy and mix ingredients nicely. Its sturdiness is due to presence of suckers on its base that holds it firm while in use.
- Andrew James offers great customer service when in need of help.
- It is a bit noisy on the higher speed levels.
- It is made up of plastic materials .
- The slowest speed, 1 and 2 are really slow.
- To some the Andrew James in classic cream beaters seems not to reach to the bottom of the bowl, and hence the need to keep stopping the gadget and scrape the bowl down for efficient mixing.
There are certain benefits you will get with the Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Classic Cream that sets it apart from most, and will be the ultimate deciding factors to help you decide whether or not you are willing to part with you money for it.
If you are into baking, you know the struggle of having to wrestle with dough. The consistency is very thick that your hands might start cramping if you work on it for too long. The dough hook extension and beater blade extensions on the AJ000509 make short work of the mixture and can save a lot of time.
If for some reason, you have to cook in very expensive clothes before going out, you will want to keep your clothes clean while working in the kitchen. It is bad enough that sometimes you mix too hard or too fast, and some of the mixture splashes onto your clean, pressed suit. What if you were going through a mixture with a high powered beater? The resulting mess will probably cause you to throw your hands up in the air, wishing there were some way to guard your body from the onslaught of garlic and mayo. You probably see where I am going with this. TheAJ000509 has a splash guard that will save you from unidentified flying food.
Overall, there are not many complaints to be had after purchasing the Andrew James electric food stand mixer with guard, you will probably find many bonus features when using it that you did not think you would even need at first, and with the 24 month warranty, you aren’t being conned.
As a closer, I would definitely recommend the Andrew James Electric Stand Mixer In Classic Cream , as would a number of other already satisfied customers. What we need in the kitchen is power and efficiency, and this one has both in good amounts.
2. Morphy Richards Accents 400003 Stand Mixer – Red
Like any other top food mixers like Kenwood; the Morphy Richards Accents 400003 Stand Mixer – Redcomes with 3 basic attachments: beaters, whisks and dough hooks for mixing and kneading ingredients in addition to a mixing bowl.
Apart from the red one; there is also Morphy Richards Accents 400005 Stand Mixer – Black.
Morphy Richards Accents Stand Mixer Reviews
The Morphy Richards Accents 400003 red stand mixer is a plastic stand mixer, powered by 800 watts motor.
- It features 5.0L stainless steel mixing bowl.
- 3 attachments: beater, whisk and a dough hook.
- Splash guard for ensuring that your mixture stays in the bowl.
- Recipes and instruction manual
The Morphy Richards 400003 Accents stand mixer is easy to use, clean and store.
- It is handy for making batter, dough, sauces, dips, mashed potatoes, pastries, cakes, cookies, meringues, icing and much more.
- It also features an orbital mixing motions that ensures thoroughly ingredients mixing by making the motor head to move in opposite direction to the beaters.
The Morphy Richards Accents folding stand mixer has a dip in the middle of the bowl that necessitates the need to keep stopping the mixer and start scraping the bowl for thoroughly mixing.
Sometimes we do not need to have the biggest mixers available in order to do our cooking. Not all of us are preparing loaves of bread and boxes of cakes on a regular basis, and some of us just need a kitchen companion to make our average preparation easier and more efficient; this Morphy Richards stand mixer is more than enough for a small family.
#3: Morphy Richards 400404 accents folding stand mixer, 300 watt – red
The Morphy Richards 400404 accents folding stand mixer, 300 watt – red is one that, as the name suggests, folds into one third of itself.
If you were looking to buy the Morphy Richards folding mixer, what would you get, right out of the box?
Here is a quick rundown of the general specifications of the Morphy Richards 400404:
- Weight: A light 2.4kg, suitable for its small body.
- Dimensions: 30cm x 20.5cm x 26.5cm
- Motor Power: 300 watts, not as powerful as other mixers, but impressive, considering its size
- Capacity: 3.5 liters
Even with its very compact design, the power output of the motor clocks in at 300 watts, which really is not too bad for a small mixer. The Morphy Richards folding stand mixer can handle regular, day to day preparation, with the added benefit of being easy to clean and easy to put away.
At a quick glance, it is actually a great concept. To have a mixer made for efficiency and grind work, and make it compact enough to be easy to store away as well as clean. You can easily take the folding mixer Morphy Richards out and set it up when you need to start your preparations, and stow it away in a small shelf when you are done. You can even just set it down in a corner.
However, concept does not always pull through with execution. While it is a generally good machine, there are some legitimate complaints that it is not powerfully enough, hence if you are looking for a family mixer; consider the big brands like Kenwood Chef.
- Easy Storage : This is rather impossible to ignore, considering that the Morphy Richards Folding Food Mixer was designed for this purpose. Not only is it already compact enough in design, but it also has the ability to fold itself smaller, and will have its own storage box. For some people, this has already become the deciding factor, and is what matters above all.
- Decent Power for its Size: Even with its compact design, it can still handle your average day to day preparation with a respectable 300 watt motor that can churn out 6 different speeds.
- Easy Cleaning :Because it is so small and light, you do will not have much ground to cover in terms of cleaning. The Morphy Richards 400404 accents folding stand mixer, 300 watt – red stainless steel bowl is dishwasher safe as well, leaving you with less hands on clearing up.
4. Breville SHM2 Twin Hand and Stand Mixer
The Breville SHM2 Twin Motor Hand and Stand Mixer – White is pearl white all over, with a stainless steel bowl that can hold 2 liters of mixture.
It stands at the dimensions of 24.5cm x 33.8cm x 31cm and weighing at 3.9kg, making it rather easy to carry and move around, although still keeping it still and sturdy on a counter top.
However, how will the Breville shm2 twin motor compact mixer keep up with the competition? Let us break it down.
- The Breville shm2 twin motor hand and stand mixer – white Comes with 2 ltre mixing bowl
- Suitable for individuals or small family
- Powered by 380watt motor
- Comes with 3 standard attachments: 2 beaters, 2 whisks and 2 dough hooks
- Unlike other food mixers; you can use the Breville shm2 twin motor hand and stand mixer as both stand and or hand mixer
- Comes with 1 year guarantee.
Breville SHM2 Twin Hand and Stand Mixer Reviews
As Compared to Kenwood food mixers; The Breville shm2 twin motor compact food mixer is rather small, and will let you stuff it in any corner or tiny shelf when not in use, or you could simply leave it on the counter as it will not take up much space.
Breville shm2 twin motor compact mixer is made of durable, stainless steel; It can accommodate 2 liters worth of liquids and 1 kilogram worth of dry foods.
- Can deal with heavier duty food preparation, regardless of consistency.
- Can work on more ingredients at a time as compared to smaller mixers.
- Comes with a 380 watt motor that powers a very large variety of 10 different speeds- 5 original speeds, all with a high and low option. speeds, which you can easily choose from depending on what you need to do at the time.
- Includes the obvious stainless steel beaters, dough hooks, whisks and spatula, ensuring that you have whatever tool it is that you need for any job.
- Aside from being able to detach the Breville shm2 twin motor hand and stand mixer – white and using it by hand, one motor will drive the beaters while the other motor will rotate the bowl.
With the general information out of the way, we can finally sit down and look at what really sets this Breville shm2 twin motor hand and stand mixer apart. There are a lot of mixers, and other mechanical kitchen companions for that matter, out on the market today. Some are very expensive, some are cheap, and some are in between.
- Right off the bat, the Breville shm2 twin motor compact food mixer in white moves one step ahead with its dual motors. One motor controls the whisks, while the other mixer rotates the bowl. This allows the beaters to cover much more ground inside the bowl, as well as keep the consistency throughout the entire mixture.
- Coupling with the 10 speed options, this helps the mixer efficiently do its job, regardless if you are preparing a light weight dip or a heavy chunk of dough.
However, while sometimes automated beaters do the job just fine, sometimes you want to be more hands on with the mixture. You might want more control, or perhaps the mixture being prepared is simply thin or light enough to handle by hand. The mixer is detachable, allowing you to do just that.
The breville shm2 twin motor hand accessories that come with it include:
- Dough hooks and a
Pros & Cons
Compared to Kenwood food mixers; This mixer is rather small, and will let you stuff it in any corner or tiny shelf when not in use, or you could simply leave it on the counter as it will not take up much space.
The stainless steel design applies to both the bodily structure as well as the accessories- which means that both will be quite sturdy in the face of the chunkiest batter, as well as easy to clean.
No mixer is perfect however, and there are good and bad bits about each one. Before making a decision, see how your priorities will come into play in terms of this purchase:
There have been complaints about the motors making too much noise, as well as the fact that some specific mixtures will be making a mess regardless of the speed.
All in all, the pros heavily outweigh the cons, and the Breville shm2 twin hand and stand mixeris a sturdy, reliable piece of work with enough features to take care of most preparation jobs.
#5: Vonshef Stand Mixer
Click to read our detailed Vonshef mixer reviews here.