Find Best Tortilla & Best Quesadilla Maker UK: A Quesadilla maker shortens the cooking time and reduces extra calories by grilling both sides of tortillas at one and without using any oil.
What is Quesadilla?
Quesadilla is a tortilla filled with cheese and other savory ingredients such as shredded cooked meat, vegetables, and spices and then cooked on a griddle. It is Mexican food in the category of taco. You either fold one partially cooked tortilla and fill it with desired savory ingredients plus cheese or take two and make a sandwich. These are then cooked on a griddle until the cheese melts. Alternatively, you take an uncooked tortilla fill and fold it to make pastry and then deep fry it to make quesadillas fritas.
Quesadilla are often served with salsa, tomato or guacamole.
Tortilla & Best Quesadilla Maker UK
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 07:25 / // Source: Amazon Affiliates
What is a Tortilla?
A Tortilla is a flat, thin, circular flatbread made of corn or wheat flour without using any raising agent. Now when you take this flatbread and fill eat with cheese, meat, and or vegetables becomes a quesadilla. It is quite common in Mexican restaurants all over the world.
How to Make Tortilla
- You need corn or all-purpose wheat flour. While original maize meal used to make tortillas without raising agent; now with the use of wheat flour sometimes people add oil, sugar, salt, and baking powder
- Make a dough using a stand mixer or by hand then, cut into small pieces and leave them to rest for 30 minutes to help gluten relax
- Roll dough pieces to make thin round circular shapes
- Partial grill it on a medium heated griddle until air pocket forms for about 2 minutes same as pitta bread
- These tortillas form as a base for making tacos such as quesadilla, burritos, thin crus pizza, sandwich wraps, and fajitas . You can freeze them up to three months time.
- Check the recipe and how-to here https://thecafesucrefarine.com/best-ever-homemade-flour-tortillas/
How to Make Quesadilla
- Make the Tortillas using wheat flour
- Prepare any filling you want to add while sticking with flavor combination: shred, grate, chop, saute and cook, mash or fry ingredients that need to be cooked /fried eg chicken, beef, mushroom, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and spice them up. Examples of filling ingredients include ham, chicken, eggs, bacon with cheese being the main ingredient. Cheese in Spanish is called “Queso” which forms the basis for the name quesadilla
- Take the tortilla and fill it up with your ingredients or sandwich two tortillas then grill them on a griddle or non-stick pan with a little bit of melted cheese or cooking oil, you can also brush the outer part with melted cheese/oil to help fry it well
- Note: you add the cheese first to help bind everything up, you can use one type of cheese or mix up a variety of them
- Make sure not to overfill it, fill it only on one side to make it easy to fold it
- Fold it
- Fry using butter half a teaspoon butter until the cheese in the filled tortillas starts to melt and the tortilla turns into golden brown color then, flip to fry another side until the cheese is fully melted. The frying butter should be just enough to cover the bottom of the pan but not too much to make it soggy
- Note: While frying, use the melted butter to brush up your quesadilla
- After frying leave it for two minutes for the cheese to set
- Cut into wedges and then serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream
- Here the video to show you all the steps needed to make it.
- Note: When you fill your tortilla with pizza toppings, it called pizzadilla
- You can freeze leftover quesadillas in the airtight bag up to 5 days long.
Which is your Best Tortilla & Best Quesadilla Maker UK?