The food processor with dough hook is one of the most versatile and multipurpose cooking appliances you can purchase. It can replace many other kitchen tools, such as an electric mixer. A food processor is actually a motorized device that quickly works food prep tasks typically completed by hand. Food processors come in different shapes and sizes.
You need to be aware of what you need before you buy. There are might be a reason why you would prefer to go for the best food processor with a dough hook vs the best stand mixer for kneading bread dough. It might be because you have a lot to do with a food processor than a mixer. The food processor, on the other hand, is meant for chopping, grating, puree, and slicing vegetables and fruits. But nowadays there are multi-purpose food processors that come with extra attachments to perform other tasks.
What to Consider When Buying a Food Processor with Dough Hook
You should consider a few key features when choosing your food processor. You will want a machine that has the power, capacity, durability, and attachments that can accomplish any task you throw at it. Additionally, the best food processors have different size bowls and blades that are interchangeable depending on what you are preparing. Check here for a more detailed buying guide.
Below are our top 3 best food processors with a dough hook/kneading tool.
Best Food Processor with Dough Hook 2020
1. Kenwood FPM810 MultiPro Sense Food Processor with Dough Hook
No products found.The Kenwood FPM810 MultiPro Sense Food Processor is our number one best food processor with dough hook .
It comes with a dough hook for kneading dough, and a heat resistant 1.6-litre blender for making smoothie and soup. The blender can blend both cold and hot mixtures without breaking.
The FPM810 also comes with a built-in scale, slicing and grating discs, chopping blade and 2 bowls. The two bowls (3.5 litre and 1.5 litre) are of plastic materials, BPA free
With it you also get a storage box and a 5 year guarantee.
This food processor for kneading bread dough features a powerful 1000w motor, 8-speed control settings and a pulse. The pulse and the speed levels give you control over the speed to which the food gets mixed.
You can use this Kenwood food processor to make pizza or bread dough, soup, smoothie, salad, and sauces. You can also use it to create pastry, nut butter, ice cream and mixtures for sausages, burgers and more.
For grinding meat, you will need to buy meat attachment available for this food processor.
Like most full-sized food processors; this Kenwood FPM810 is pretty heavy, weighing 13kg
The whisk, one used for beating eggs and cream mixtures is not strong enough. Better use the hand mixer if have one.
Apart from that; the No products found. is the best. It is easy to use, clean and store. It is compact, versatile, well built and looks good.
2. KitchenAid 2.1 Litre Almond Cream Food Processor – Best Compact
|Kitchenaid 2.1L Food Processor Matte Black 5KFP0919BBM||£169.27||View It on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APISafety in the kitchen is paramount and KitchenAid 2.1 Litre Almond Cream Food Processor is engineered with high security measures. When using this processor, you do not need to brood about the safety of the people around you or your own safety.
It is fitted with 3 control mechanism that are illuminated with dazzling LED lights. These 3 options allow you to increase or decrease the speed of the processor as well as pulsing.
Also, it has a handle that ensures you firmly and safely grip on the processor when working. Unlike other common available options, this food processor is specially designed with a latched lid and a feed tube.
Other than being lightweight, the KitchenAid food processor is durable. Equipped with a powerful motor, this processor works effortlessly to give even results.
- Designed with a latched lid
- Designed with feed tubes
- It is lightweight and durable
- Fitted with illuminated speed options
Check it out, the KitchenAid 2.1 Litre Almond Cream Food Processor.
- When in the kitchen, safety should be your main concern. This processor ensures you are safe while working thanks to the three illuminated options that allow you to adjust speed.
- Deigned with feed tube which makes it convenient and reliable
- The handle allows to firmly grip on the processor when working
3. Kenwood MultiPro Home Food Processor – Best Budget
|Kenwood MultiPro Home Food Processor, 3L Bowl, 1.5L Blender, Dough Hook, Whisk, Reversible Slicing...||£220.00||View It on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIIf you want a food processor that can handle various tasks like slicing potatoes, grating cheese, mixing pastry and bread, mixing egg white as well light cream, Kenwood MultiPro Home Food Processor is the processor to go for.
You can safely use this processor as it designed with two speeds and a pulse function. This feature allows you to increase or decrease the speed of the processor.
Cleaning is easy and fast because the attachments can be taken apart and cleaned using the dishwasher.
Kenwood has a unique feature where it cannot operate unless the base and lid are correctly engaged. For labor intensive kitchen tasks like dough making, this unique food processor has got your back all thanks to its 1000w powerful motor. It has a sleek design that makes it perfect for dough making.
- Has a powerful 1000w motor
- Fitted with a pulse function and two speeds
- You can use the dishwasher for easy and fast cleaning
- Ideal for labor intensive kitchen tasks
Check it out, the Kenwood MultiPro Home Food Processor.
- Making dough is a tedious process that requires a lot of energy. This is where this food processor comes to play. The powerful motor ensures you get the envisioned results
- Cleaning is easy as you can take apart all the attachments and toss them in the dishwasher
- High security measures as it cannot operate unless the lid and the base are perfectly engaged.
Cooking and especially baking is fun. However, the fun can be spoiled if you get tired by preparing all the needed ingredients. Armed with the knowledge and how the above 3 food processor with dough hook works, you will be able to easily choose a perfect kitchen aid that will serve the intended purpose.
4. VonShef 1000W Food Processor – Blender, Chopper, Multi Mixer Machine with Dough Blade
|VonShef Food Processor – 1000W Multifunctional 8in1 Chopper, Mixer with Dough Blade, Spatula,...||£64.99||View It on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe capacity of a food processor and time taken for processing depends to a large extent on the motor rating. Hence many individuals who have larger families or have to cook more food at a time will prefer to purchase the VonShef 1000W Food Processor since it has a powerful motor rated at 1000 watt.
- There are two speed settings for the processor and it also has a pulse function to get the consistency required.
- The compact food processor and blender can be used for eight different functions.
- It has eight blades for chopping,shredding, mixing, making dough, medium, fine slicing, medium and fine grating.
- The food processor has 3.5 liter bowl of working capacity two liters.
- The blender jar which is used for making smoothies, shakes, has a capacity of 1.8 liters.
- The high quality stainless steel blades and plastic accessories are durable and well designed. They can be easily washed in a dish washer.
- This food processor has a large food chute, so that large chunks of food can be added.
- The food processor has a sliding drawer integrated at the bottom half , which can be used for storing the accessories when the blades and other items are not being used.
- The plastic parts of the processor are black in color with a matte finish.
- A warranty of two years is offered by the manufacturer of VonShef 1000W Food Processor - Blender, Chopper, Multi Mixer Machine with Dough Blade, Shredder, Spatula & Grater – Includes Accessory Storage Drawer – 2 Speed Settings & Pulse.
5. Philips HR7510/11 Viva Compact Food Processor- Best Multifunctional
|Philips Viva Compact Food Processor With 6 Accessories, 29 Functions, 800 W, 1.5 Litres, HR7510/11||£89.99||View It on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-07-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips HR7510/11 Viva Compact Food Processor is absolutely fantastic. It is one of the best food processors with dough hook. It is an amazing gadget to help you save some time in the kitchen. With its 29 different functions, it makes it feel as if you really don’t need any other kitchen appliance.
It is powered by a powerful 800watts motor and have a 2.1 litre container with a 1.5 litre recommended working capacity.
Apart from that it also comes with six accessories that help you do things such as chopping, kneading, whisking, shredding, juicing, slicing, and more. The versatility of the Phillips processor is truly incredible; whether you want to make a smoothie, chop some veggies, or mix some ingredients together to make a sauce, this food processor is all you need.
In addition, assembling the parts to switch gears is easy and fast.
Another great aspect of the Phillips processor is that all of its pieces are dishwasher safe. This is awesome because it means that when you are done using it, you can just pop it in the machine and don’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning it (which can get really tedious with kitchen appliances of this sort).
Another great plus is that its design is pretty compact. This makes it really easy and convenient to store. Overall, this, Philips HR7510/11 Viva Compact Food Processor, 6 Accessories, 29 Functions, 800 W, 2.1 Litres is a great product.
6. Kenwood Multipro Food Processor FP731
No products found.The Kenwood fp731 multipro food processor can help you get more done in the kitchen and try out new recipes! With less hassle than ever, food preparation is easy with this amazing product. The Kenwood Multipro Food Processor FP731 is a great value especially since the processor comes with a bunch of extra attachments. You can slice, chop, mix, blend– whatever you want to do with your food! Make soups, smoothies, milkshakes, grate, and more.
It currently not available on Amazon. Alternativelly check the No products found..
Key Features of the Kenwood FP731 Food Processor
- Comes with a 3.0 bowl made of plastic.
- It also comes with a blender that carries a 1.5 liter capacity
- Body comes in white color- Body made of plastic
- Comes with coarse shred/slice disk
- Is dishwasher safe
- Has full safety interlocks
- Comes with stainless steel blades for chopping precision
- Has a wattage of 900 Watts
- Features cord storage
- Has a twin geared speeds of variable and pulse
- Features a Dual Drive system with a 1000 watt motor
- Has a calibrated 1.5 liter liquidizer
- Comes with a recipe book. You can reference dozens of different recipes for easy inspiration
- Dough tool is included so you can make bread and pastry related dishes and desserts!
- Non slip feet on the Kenwood Multi Pro Processor means that it will stay in place for you and never slip
- Spatula and whisk are included so you don’t have to buy at the store
- Detachable blades mean that you can easily switch off blades for clean up.
Some customers mentioned that they were having a problem with the center spindle. But they were sent replacement parts that they could replace in and it worked fine.
- Some have had difficulty getting the Kenwood multipro classic fp731 to work . This is due to the cover lid or mixing bowl were not clicked in place correctly
- Many customers have expressed it is not as quiet as their ideal preferences
- Does not come in other colors such as red or black if that’s what you’re looking for
- Kenwood fp731 food processor white will not work for you if the inserts and the parts are not properly locked together. This can happen occasionally, just check
- Whisk attachment was not as sturdy for customers as they would have liked. Build quality is good but not flawless
The Kenwood fp731 multipro food processor is dishwasher safe. So you can throw it right in the dishwasher after you’re done for easy cleaning and clean up. Customers love it!- Light weight means that you can move it and even take it with you to a friend’s house or work if you need to!
- The Kenwood fp731 looks nice on the counter top with a sleek white deisgn
- Easy to use as well as clean– makes this food processor a dream to clean up after
- Saves you tons of time from hand prepping foods yourself
- More compact than most food processors are
- Comes with many attachments and accessories. Stainless steel blades, discs, multi-mill, and maxi blend canopy
- Comes with Kenstore carousel to store all the accessories
- Variable speeds also include pulse so that you’re not overly processing your food
- Comes with bowls to catch all the processed food you’re making
- Has a great aesthetic appeal with a minimalist sleek white design
- Has minimal reports of breaking or malfunctioning, making it a product you can trust
- A great processor that will save you hours over the years when it comes to hand prepping your food. Makes creating amazing dishes easier than ever
- Tons of customers rave about this food processor– always a good sign!. Can be a stand in for your blender or coffee bean grinder if they ever break
Should You Buy the Kenwood Multipro Food Processor FP731?
The short answer is Yes! The Kenwood multipro food processor fp731 is truly a fantastic machine to have at your disposal in the kitchen. It can do almost anything that you want with food, and that’s a good thing! You can craft up soups, or pulverize and liquidate some foods so that they are liquid. Or grate them for a recipe until they’re at the consistency you want and desire!
This processor looks so great on any kitchen counter because it is sleek and smooth with a gorgeous white color. Plus, it won’t take up hardly any of your counter space, making it perfect for smaller spaces(or anywhere!). Customers love this Kenwood fp731 multipro food processor in white. And it’s not difficult to see why. You can use it for virtually everything.
Grinding coffee beans, making pesto, making cake mix or dough, or chopping and slicing vegetables for a stir fry. Make cooking fun again with the Kenwood multipro fp731 and see what it’s like to have all your food prepared and processed with it!
How to Choose the Best Food Processor with Dough Hook (Buying Guide)
Bowl Capacity: They should have larger bowls. The bigger the bowl, the more you can make at one time. The best food processors have bowls that are nine-cup capacity or bigger (one cup is equivalent to 250 millilitres/0.25L). Some even offer two bowls for different sizes of foods.
Attachments: You will find many attachments available for your food processor. These include multiple discs for slicing and shredding vegetables and fruits, stainless steel, and an extra-large feed tube, as well as a spatula for easy removal of ingredients from the bowl. Others are additional blades for kneading dough, a paddle attachment for stirring the ingredients in your pot or pan, and a dough hook for mixing bread doughs and cakes.
Programs/Speeds/ Timers: They will need to have programs that allow you to speed up the process of mixing or chopping. The machine will chop the vegetables to your desired size in seconds, knead dough when you need to speed up the process, and even shred some meats, cheeses, and vegetables. Additionally, they should have timers that shut off automatically after completing a task.
Motor Power: The most important feature to look for is power, which means the motor itself. This is because kneading involves dealing with dense dough that needs adequate power to sustain the kneading, especially at high speeds. If you need more power or multiple speeds, then you will want to invest in a machine with an enhanced motor.
What kind of blade and disc do I need for my food processor? You will want to make sure that you have a variety of blade options, as well as an assortment of discs. Some machines include slicing blades, shredding/grating blades, kneading hooks, dough hooks, and many other accessories. Also, consider the length of your shaft and how sturdy the machine feels in your hands to determine if it is worth its cost.
You will also need to keep in mind that some manufacturers also offer interchangeable blade assembly inserts depending on what kind of food process you are making. If you need a larger capacity for a specific recipe, this is another option to look at.
Shape of your Dough Hook: You want to make sure that you have the right size and shape for your machine. Many machines allow you to change out a hook depending on what you are processing, but you will need to take measurement of your bowl and blade assembly if this is an option for you.
Size of the Dough Hook: The most important thing to remember is to make sure that you select the right size of dough hook for the job at hand. You want your dough hook to be sized appropriately for the food processor you have. While there are a few different sizes and shapes of dough hooks on the market, most companies make them in ¼-cup, ½-cup or 1-cup capacities. The size of the capacity should match your machine’s bowl capacity. The average home use food processor should have a ¼-cup capacity dough hook and is powered by 500-watts, while professional machines should have a ½-cup capacity with 1 hp to 2 hp in output power. If you are looking for a whole set of specialty blades, then these will add to the cost of your machine.
Type of Dough Hook:
There are basically three different types of dough hooks that you will find on the market today. The first is a standard dough hook for the average household baker.
The second type is the heavy-duty dough hook that is designed for anyone who regularly bakes bread as a profession and needs more power and push to get their breads to rise properly. They use thicker wires and stronger metal than the standard hook heads. This means that they can handle more weight and volume. These newer hook heads are made of a special type of steel that is more durable.
The final type is the professional-grade dough hook. These are the ones that you’ll find at specialty outlets such as restaurant kitchens and bakeries. These hooks have a different design than standard dough hooks, which means that they move the dough along the hook slowly and smoothly, in order to ensure maximum quality and consistency when it comes to baking breads and cakes. If you’re a professional in the bakery industry, you’ll want to make sure that you have a professional-grade dough hook.
Material of the Dough Hook (Stainless Steel vs. Aluminum): Dough hooks can be made out of stainless steel or aluminum, and both have advantages and disadvantages depending on your needs.
Stainless steel is heavier than aluminum, which means that dough hooks made from this material can be a little more cumbersome to use. However, many of them have a larger capacity and some users prefer the extra weight simply because it makes the hooks feel sturdier in their hands. Stainless steel is also more resistant to corrosion and abrasion than aluminum; although aluminum dough hooks should not be used for acidic ingredients, most will stand up to regular use with less abrasion than their stainless counterparts.
Aluminum dough hooks, on the other hand, are lighter and sleeker than your average stainless steel hook. As a result, many users enjoy using them for kneading bread. There are also some aluminum hooks that have a rubberized handle with a small hole in it for easy storage.
Other Features: Other features include heavy-duty parts, ease of cleaning, and durability. The best food processors also have special touch controls for easy operation. The best food processor will have a heavy-duty base that won’t slide when you are processing your ingredients. It should also be easy to remove the bowl for cleaning. It should ideally be dishwasher safe and easy to clean. Look for models that have a special “scoop” that helps you remove the ingredients from the bowl without spilling or getting them all over the place.
So there you have it! We hope that we were able to help you find the best food processor for your specific needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does a dough hook look like?
A dough hook is a long metal hook that is part of the blade assembly in your food processor. It is designed to mix and knead ingredients for bread, cakes, pastries, and other doughs.
How does a dough hook work?
Your dough hook has a big job. It works by mixing the ingredients and kneading the dough so it can rise properly. The hook is attached to a blade assembly that is placed in between a large feeding tube and a smaller output tube. The ingredients are fed through the feeding tube while the dough or other mixture goes through the output tube. The hook moves through the mixture, mixing and kneading it with each turn.
What is a dough hook made of?
The head of your dough hook may be made out of metal, including stainless steel, aluminum, or other types of alloys. The body of your hook may be made out of plastic or rubber, including polyoxymethylene (POM), polypropylene (PP) or silicone. The hook is available in two different lengths. The shorter ones are typically used for baking, while the longer hooks are designed for kneading breads and other doughs.
How do you knead dough in a food processor?
The process is pretty simple. Before you begin, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature so they can combine more easily. Start by putting all the dry ingredients in the bowl of your machine, including flour, sugar, salt and any other dry ingredients you may need for your recipe. Next mix them with the paddle blade until everything comes together.
Next add the wet ingredients to your bowl and pulse them a few times with the dough hook attachment until everything is combined and comes together as a dough ball.
You can then knead the dough in the bowl if you want to. This will create a smooth and uniform texture without creating too much air in your bread or similar recipe. It will also ensure that your bread has the proper moisture content.
Some people prefer to knead it directly on a counter top with their hands, but this is also an option. Many people love to use their dough hooks for other tasks beyond making bread such as grinding herbs and spices.
How long should you knead dough in a food processor?
First of all, make sure that you are using a dough hook; it doesn’t matter if it is for your bread maker or a stand-alone unit. You’ll also need to decide whether you want your machine to do all the work or if you want to perform some of the kneading by hand. If you choose the first option, then you should always let the food processor perform at least two-thirds of the kneading process.
When using a stand-alone unit, you should make sure that the dough is ready to be kneaded. If it’s too sticky, then you will need to add more flour and water accordingly. Make sure that the excess liquid is removed from your dough before you start the kneading process and move on to mixing and other dispensable functions.
How do you clean a food processor dough hook?
If you are cleaning the head of your dough hook, you will need to flip over the top of the machine and remove the lid. Next, take out all of the blades and some accessories like the mini chopper blade. Then use a gentle dish soap solution to clean both sides of each piece. You can also take apart your blades and soak them in hot soapy water.
For the body of your dough hook, you can turn your machine upside down and run warm soapy water through the holes on the bottom and sides. Run it through and then dry thoroughly. You can also take apart the ring, as well as all of its pieces, wash with warm soapy water and dry promptly. If you have a household dishwasher, then let it do its job after it has finished cleaning each piece.
Can you use a food processor to mix bread or cookie dough?
You can use a food processor that has a dough tool to mix / knead bread, cookie and pizza dough. All the top 8 food processors reviewed in this articles have a dough blade to assist you with mixing your dough perfectly.
Alternatively, you could go for the best stand mixers, as these ones are great for everything mixing, whipping and kneading.
How to make wheat flour dough in food processor
Which is your best Food Processor with dough hook 2020? Find also the Food Processor Black Friday 2022.