Cheese- sumptuous and delicious cheese. The smell of cheese means that something good is coming. Cheese is an integral ingredient in hearty recipes If cheese is on the plate, expect that you’ll be having a meal that will feel like heaven on the tongue.
Cheese is more delicious on dishes when grated and topped on dishes such as spaghetti, lasagna, and cakes. However, grating cheese manually might make your arms hurt. Furthermore, it will take time. Try grating Parmesan, Cheshire cheese, or Red Leicester, and you’ll see what I mean.
I’ll show you the best food processor for grating cheese today. Let’s proceed and take a look at their features, specs, and performance.
Best Food Processor for Grating Cheese UK 2020
1. Magimix 5200XL Food Processor – Best Overall
There is a 1.2 litre mini bowl for preparing small quantities of food and a 2.6 litre midi bowl for grating. And the 3.6 litre main bowl for kneading, chopping, shredding and blending.
Apart from grating; this Magimix food processor can also slice, shred, chop and knead. It has extra large feeding tube in which you can feed it with a whole fruit or veggies without chopping it first.
It comes with a recipe book and a storage box for storing its attachments.
Check out the Magimix 5200XL Food Processor .
2. Kenwood Food Processor– Best Budget
The Kenwood Food Processor has a design that blends beauty and comfort. Its a robust yet compact food processor. This trait makes this product perfect to be placed near the kitchen blender, rice cooker, and other similar appliances. Kenwood’s base is finished with a clean white color tone. As a result, it looks very neat on well-lit kitchens.
- Rubber Feet For Stability
- Large but Lightweight
- Blender, Grater, Chopper, and other attachments
- Quiet Food Processor
- Energy Class A
This product weight is very light considering that it’s a moderately large food processor. It only weighs 2.1 kilos. This product is made of plastic material. This might be why Kenwood isn’t heavy. Since
Kenwood Food Processor comes with an ultra-fine grating attachment. The ultra-fine grating attachment makes this product great at grating cheese for pastries such as cakes, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, etc. Grating cheese with this product doesn’t disappoint. The grated cheese doesn’t turn out to be wet or too soft.
Also, I appreciate that manufacturers made Kenwood ‘s motor very quiet. The motor of this product has a comforting whirring sound. Aside from greeting cheese in ultra-fine pieces, this product is a must-have because it’s not noisy.
Check it out, the Kenwood Food Processor.
3. Ninja Food Processor with Auto-iQ (BN650UK) – Best for Hard Cheese
The Ninja Food Processor with Auto-iQ (BN650UK) looks mean in the kitchen. Manufacturers filled its base with a matte black finish. The finish is not shiny but highly resistant to scratching, dust, and grime.
Ninja’s container comes with an ergonomic handle to be friendly on the hands. All in all, the style of Ninja BN650UK looks very manly. That said, this product is a good present for men who love to cook.
Features of Ninja Food Processor
- Smart Presets for Grating, Slicing, Etc.
- Matte Black Finish
- BPA Free
- Container With Ergonomic Handle
- Sharp and Durable Grating Blade
Health-conscious individuals will love this product. Ninja Food Processor is made out of BPA plastic. This means that making smoothies, slushies, and other drinks with this product are safe.
This product is heavier than the Kenwood Food Processor. Ninja BN650UK food processor weights 3.47 kilos. Still, you won’t have trouble transferring this food processor from place to place if you use a carrying bag.
This product is special because it’s installed with smart functions. Ninja has various presets that are useful for grating, blending, slicing, etc. These smart functions allow Ninja Food Processor to do the work on its own. That said, all you have to do is put the ingredients on the feeding chute and let Ninja Food Processor decide how big, fine, or smooth the finished mixture will be.
Ninja’s performance is fine for grating cheese. However, its feeding chute isn’t big so you might have to slice cheese in half before grating. The grating attachment of this product doesn’t get dull easily. It’s great for cheese such as Pecorino, Manchego, and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Check it out, the Ninja Food Processor with Auto-iQ (BN650UK).
The Cooks Professional Food Processor Blender Multifunctional Kitchen Chopper[ is the all in one kitchen appliance that you need. It comes with two containers that are useful for blending and mixing food. Also, Cooks Professional has a mini drawer that can store small attachments.
This product is bulky because it comes with a lot of functions. However, you shouldn’t hesitate to get this product if you’re looking for a very dynamic food processor.
Features of Cooks Professional Processor
- Comes with 1 Blending Container and 1 Mixing Container
- Has a Mini Drawer for storing attachments
- Rust Resistant Grater Blade
The cheese grater of Cooks Professional Food Processor is well designed. It’s very easy to clean and is prone to rust. Also, it works well for soft and hard cheese. The motor that powers this product has enough strength for grating numerous slices of cheese. This trait makes this product great for making large quantities of grated cheese for a variety of dishes.
The feeding chute of this product is long and narrow. Before grating, you might have to slice cheese into long and slightly thin pieces. All in all, this product’s grating performance isn’t bad. The grated cheese that it makes isn’t too dry nor too wet.
Check it out, the Cooks Professional Food Processor Blender Multifunctional Kitchen Chopper.
The Kenwood MultiPro Home FDP646WH Food Processor is one of the best food processors for grating cheese.
It comes with 2 bowls, a heat-resistant blender, knife blade, slicing and grating discs, a dough tool, and metal whisk. The small bowl is for preparing small batches of food.
- Grating disc for grating cheese, chocolate and breadcrumbs
- The 1.5 litre glass blender is for making smoothie and soup. You can use it to blend hot soup with no fear of it breaking.
- The knife blade for chopping vegetables and meat
- Slicer disc for slicing fruits and vegetables and
- The whisk for whisking cream and beating eggs
- The dough tool for mixing and kneading dough
It features 1000watts powerful motor, 2 speed levels and a pulse.
It is compact, very efficient, quite versatile, great value for money.
Check out the Kenwood MultiPro Home FDP646WH Food Processor .
- It comes with cutting blades to slice both thin and thick pieces and sharp grating, designed to produce clean cuts and uniform designs in whatever you are cutting.
- It has a mini chopper which helps you to grind cheese, dried spices and pepper before you cook.
- The item also comes with a jug blender where you can be able to blend in your juices and smoothies.
- For those who do not have measuring equipment in the kitchen, the Bosch food processor comes designed with volume markers to show the capacities you have added.
- This processor has a power range of 800 watt which is quite enough for daily food processing tasks
- It has a pulse function which can give you short boosts to be able to work with any hard ingredients.
- It has a mixing bowl that designed with plastic meant for flour to make the dough.
- This food processor model has stainless steel discs, discs for whipping of cream and for eggs as well.
- It has speed settings to ensure you finish your work on time.
- Lastly, this food processor comes with extra stability form the rubber suction feet placed beneath it and a safety lid for locking up.
BOSCH MCM3501MGB Food Processor, 800 W, Black is one of the best in the market. Its ability to integrate so many functions into one enhances the flexibility that it has.
Can You Grate Cheese With Food Processor?
You can grate cheese with a food processor so long as it has a grating blade or grating attachment. You must inspect the available attachments that go with a food processor before buying it. Knowing the attachments will allow you to assess the possible uses of a food processor. So aside from price and energy efficiency, the attachments of a food processor should also be a prime consideration before buying.
How To Grate Cheese With A Food Processor?
Grating cheese with a food processor is easy. All you have to do is follow these steps
- Replace the default attachment with the grating blade
- Slice the piece of cheese that you want to grate according to the size of the feeding chute
- Set the speed of the food processor to medium if the cheese is moderately soft. On the other hand, you should set the speed of the food processor to high if the cheese is hard.
- Place the slices of cheese on the feeding chute, wait for the food processor to finish grating all of them, and you’re done.
Bonus: Can You Grate Very Soft Cheese?
There is very squishy or stretchy cheese out there such as mozzarella cheese. The problem with this kind of cheese is that it turns into a mushy mess when grated. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t grate squishy or stretchy cheese. For grating mozzarella cheese and other same types of cheese, put them in the freezer first. Doing this will make them hard. Once they’re hard, you can then opt to grate them on the food processor without any problems.
Each of the products above is the best food processor for grating cheese. You should pick them because they’re versatile and comes with additional perks that you’ll enjoy. Add them on your kitchen appliances now and you’ll get to use food processors that will give the grated cheese that pro-grade recipes need.
Which is your best food processor for shredding cheese 2020?