Find the best cake-pop makers UK 2021. These cake-pop makers help you mold, bake, and decorate your cake pops faster. It is different from making them from scratch where you have to crumble the cake and mix it with icing.
Note: For free next day delivery, subscribe toAmazon Prime 30-day Free Trial
Best Cake Pop Makers 2021 UK
1. Complete Cake Pop Maker KIT- Best Overall
- 🍭 NEED A CABIN FEVER RELIEVER - This fun and easy...
- 🍭 EASY TO BAKE NONSTICK PAN : Bake and decorate 20...
- 🍭 EASY TO DECORATE: Awaken your inner artist (and...
- 🍭 EASY TO CLEAN - Dishwasher safe. No more metal...
- 🍭 100% SMILES GUARANTEED: We back up our cake pop...
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 13:45 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesThe Complete Cake POP Maker KIT is our number one best cake pop maker UK 2021. It comes packed with a lot of tools to fasten the cake pop making process. Its packaging is quite nice too making it a good gift for someone you love.
- It comes with a non-stick, dishwasher safe silicone baking mold. This tray can accommodate up to 20 cakes per time. You use this for molding and baking cake balls
- You also get 20 shorts and 100 extra-large lollipop sticks for inserting into your cake balls. It is advisable that you dip the sticks into candy or chocolate melt before inserting them into pops. This helps them stay in place.
- Complete also comes with a measuring cup for dipping. And an icing pen, bags, and ties for decorating your cake
- It comes also with a high-quality plastic stand for displaying up to 20 cakepops per time.
- For peace of mind, you get a lifetime warranty and a user guide to get you started
2. Cake Pop Maker Kit – Best Selling
- Including: 1 x Silicone cake pop mould, 120 x Lollipop...
- The silicone lollipop moulds are flexible nonstick...
- The stand holds up to 42 cake pops or 21 cupcakes,...
- Perfect for DIY with the whole family, imagine the fun...
- Perfect for kid's or themed parties, birthday parties,...
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 13:45 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesCake Pop Maker Kit is one of the best selling cake pop makers 2021. It is quite as good as the Complete Cake POP Maker KIT. The only difference is its packaging, a plain brown box with a sticker on it is not good enough for gifting someone.
Apart from the packaging, its content is good. It comes with lots of tools to help make cake pops easy and fun. And its display stand can hold double pops compared to the complete kit.
- It comes with a non-stick, easy to clean, dishwasher safe baking tray for molding and baking cake balls. This tray is quite flexible, you can use it not only in the oven but also in the microwave, refrigerator, and freezer
- 120 lollipop sticks
- A stand holder for displaying and serving. It can hold up to 21 cupcakes and 42 cake pops
- 500 to 760 twist ties and decorating pen for decorating your pops
- 100 see-through plastic bags for storage and display purpose
What is a Cake Pop Maker?
A cake pop maker is a small kitchen appliance for making cake pops. It comes with a complete set for making cake balls, sticking them, and display them. You get it under £50 making it a cheap but yet best product for making parties and kids treats.
What is Cake Pop?
It is a crumbled cake mixed with icing to form a ball then insert a stick and coat the ball to make it look like a lollipop. You find this fun treat at parties. You can make it by using either fresh cake or cake leftovers.
How to Make a Cake Pop without a Pop Maker?
To make a pop cake you need a baked cake, frosting, and chocolate or candy melt. You might also need a cake pop mold to help you shape the cake balls or can do it with your hands.
- You make the cake with 100g of self-raising flour, of caster sugar, and of butter plus 2 eggs. You can also add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract for taste. Check the full recipe here https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cake-pops
- Remove the outer part that is a bit hard and hence not suitable for making cake pop crumbs
- Crumb the soft cake with hand or using a food processor
- Make the icing using butter, sugar, vanilla, and milk, or use chocolate melt
- Mix cake crumbs with the frosting or chocolate melt. Add frosting little by little until you can make a clay-like ball. Adding too much frosting will cause your ball to fall off a stick.
- Form cake balls by hand or using a cake pop maker. Make them of the right size as too big balls will not stay in the stick
- Insert the lollipop or edible candy sticks into a cake ball. You need to dip the stick into the coating before inserting it into a ball to help it stay in place for long time
- Freeze them for 1 to 2 hours to make the balls hard. This will help them stay firm and in shape while dipping them in the coating
- Melt the candy melt or chocolate. Then add coconut oil, dipping aid chips or Crisco shortening to thin it. You can also add oil candy coloring to make it look the way you want it
- Coat the cake balls into the candy melt. Do not swirl them around the melt but dip and get it out and let go excess melt.
- Add sprinkles and decorations such as ribbons
- Set them to dry at room temperature for 1 hour or put them in a fridge for 30 minutes. You can use a styrofoam block or box to store them
- Serve /display using a cake pop stand, ready to eat
Is Cake Pop Maker Worth It?
If you like making fun treats for kids, parties, or yourself then, the cake pop maker is worth it.
- It saves you the time of making a lot of cake balls by hand
- And you do not need to bake a cake as they do it for you
Tips and Tricks
- Dip the stick into the coating first before inserting it into the middle of the cake ball helps it to stick well. This also helps it to stay in place without falling away
- To help the coating to dry and maintain cake pops shape, put them in the box for one hour. For future use, store them in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze them as they may absorb moisture. They can stay in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days long
- You cake freeze undipped cake pops for up to 6 weeks long
- Do not put too much frosting as it will make your pops too wet and greasy
- Before coating the cake balls, make sure they are very cold
- Add sprinkles while still wet to make it look more delightful. But, adding them too soon when the melt is hot and runny may cause them to slide out of the pop and when if you let the coating to set too much, sprinkles will not stick
Common Issues & Problems with Cake Pops
- Falling of the stick: This is a result of too thick coating and too big cake balls that drag the cake pop down. To avoid this make your coating smooth and use a small dough scoop to measure the right amount of cake pop mixture
- A bumpy surface is a result of overbaking your cake or forgetting to trim the edge and bottom of the cake that is hard. Bake your cake well, trim and crumble it then mix it well with the frosting to form a softball
- Cracks are a result of coating cold cake pops into the hot coating. To avoid this leave the melted coating to cool first (need to be warm), not too cool though as it will be lumpy
- Cake pop poop: This happen when a cake leak out of the small hole in a cake pop. To avoid this make sure to coat the whole cake ball well.
- Air bubbles: This happens when you mix your melt harshly. Your coating needs to be smooth. Use the spoon to push the bubbles away before dipping your pop in. This helps fix air bubbles issue.
- Thick coating– to avoid this use low heat to melt your chocolate or candy melt. And do not overheat it as may result in your coating caramelize and drying too fast. And when it is ready to use coat faster to avoid it drying out.