Top blenders with multiple functions can mix your ingredients into a fine smooth mixture with consistency within a very short time. Perfect for nutrient-rich drinks and soups. If you are into healthy dieting then getting the high-quality blender is a good addition to your kitchen gadgets. Blenders can make homemade soups, milkshakes, and smoothies.
Some blenders can chop, be used for making dips and puree. Top Blenders with more functionality like auto cleaning, heating for making hot soups and variable speeds cost more than basic blenders.
Here are the Best Blenders UK 2021 for smoothies, soup, milkshakes, and frozen drinks. A review of expensive, budget, personal portable, mini and full-sized blenders.
- Best Blender for Smoothie: Magimix 11610 Le Blender, Black Finish
- Best Blender for Soup Making : Ninja Blender and Soup Maker [HB150UK] 1000 W, 1.7 Litre Jug, Black
- Best Cheap Blender : Breville Blend Active Pro Food Prep Personal Blender with Mini Food Processor and Spice Grinder VBL212
- Best Commercial Blender: No products found. –
- Best Blender for Crushing Ice: No products found.
- Best Portable Personal Mini Blender :
No products found.
- Check best budget blender under 100.
What is a Blender and What Can You Make in It?
A blender also called a liquidiser is small kitchen appliance for crushing, mixing, and pureeing food. Its main aim is to convert solid food into liquid. It is quite different from the food processor on how it works and aimed for. The blender consists of a blending container made of plastic or glass materials, rotating metal blades, and an electric motor with set controls to help you blend you ingredients effortlessly.
Types of Blenders
- Tabletop or jug blenders – These are blenders with a one to 2 litres blending container, have multiple speed control settings to give you control of your food texture, and a gasket or O-ring between the container and its body for preventing food leakage while blending. They are quite popular for making smoothies, milkshakes, baby food, and soup. In this category, there is also low and high-speed powered blenders. While the low-speed blenders require liquid added to the mixture for them to operate; the high-speed one requires little to no liquid to operate – they are very powerful, can crush even ice, frozen fruits, and nuts in seconds.
- Immersion also called stick, hand or personal blenders -These have no containers rather they have a rotating head with blades and a motor on top compared to the bottom motor of the jug blenders. The stick blenders work by immersing them in your food, and hold the motor on for them to blend. They work well with both cold and hot food making them quite handy for making soup while still on a cooker.
Tabletop vs Immersion Blenders
Immersion blenders can be used for making soups, mayonnaise, whipped cream and even making baby food. It is handheld, easy to use and very cheap in price compared to the jug blenders.
The immersion blender is quite handy as it allows you to blend even hot food in its own pot. To make sure everything is blended properly; make sure to whirl the blender around the pot.
Compared to the stick blenders where you have to insert a blender in the food mixture; with the jug blenders, you have to add the food mixture into the jar to be mixed.
The Countertop blending container can be of glass, plastic or stainless steel materials with the one with glass materials being more expensive compared to others e.g. Vitamix.
Jug blenders are more versatile, featuring various speed control settings and many more add-ons like cups and measuring marks .
You can use the jug blender to make smoothies, soups, sauces, frozen desserts and more.
What Can You Use a Blender For?
There is a lot of things you can use a blender for: Making smoothies, soups, dips, ice cream mixtures, frozen drinks, baby’s food, sauces, dressings and any other foods that need to be converted from solid into liquid form. For most normal blenders apart from the high-speed powered blenders, you need to add liquid into the dry ingredients for them to work.
Therefore, you can not use a blender for kneading dough, mashing potatoes, grinding meat unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer. This is because this kinds of work requires a food processor to accomplish them to avoid over heating the blender.
How to Use a Blender to Make a Smoothie?
- First prepare your ingredients: Cut into small pieces those that need to be cut, thaw frozen fruits and veggies if you don’t have a blender for frozen fruits
- Plugin your blender into a power source
- Add ingredients into a blender and put the lid, make sure it is well secured. The blender need not to be more than two third full to allow food expansion. In adding ingredient start with liquid, then dry ingredients, soft ones then frozen ones and ice
- Start blending in low setting to crush the ingredients, then increase the speed as needed
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients down when necessary, and if air bubbles forms, use a spatula to stir the food and then continue blending
- Add some liquid gradually to help loose thick texture and create a smooth smoothies
- Run the blender according to the manufacturer recommended use time to avoid burning it. If smell occurs, stop it and let it cool down for 1 to 2 minutes before running it again.
- After finishing blending and transferring your food to a storage or serving utensil, immediately wash the jar in a warm soapy water and wipe the body with a damp towel. Never soak the base in water to avoid ruining it.
What to Look for in a Blender?
- Noise level: Food blenders are too noisy- If you going to make a big batch of smoothie or soup per time on a regular basis, you better buy a big 1 or 2-litre size blender that will make you make a drink in one go. In less than 3 minutes you will have finished blending Making large batches of food in a small blender means you have to run it several times exposing you to too much unnecessary noise.
- Type: Do you want a hand blender or a full-sized blender?
- Power: Blenders with high wattage generally workhorses, they crush, mix and chop with great results.
- Speed – Blenders mostly have at least two-speed settings. Variable speed settings are preferable because they give you control- you can vary the speed in which the blender mixes. More advanced blenders have pre-set programmes that enable you to perform tasks like making milkshakes, crushing ice, cocktails and desserts
- Easy of cleaning – Look out for blenders that have detachable/removable blades and those that are dishwasher safe. These are usually easy to clean
- Pre-set functionality: Some advanced blenders have inbuilt capability to crush ice to make frozen drinks. Blenders that do not have ice-crushing capability will not work well when used to crush ice- the blades get worn out.
Check, Best Blender for Frozen Fruit UK 2021.
- Non-Slip Feet: These are bases that have suction that make the blender not move an inch when mixing ingredients.
- Cable storage: This is a place to store the plug when not in use to keep everything neat and tidy.
- Prices: Blenders’ prices range from £15 to £800 with the type of blender, materials used, accompanied attachments, the brand, and your personal needs and budget determines the blender you end up buying.
- Best Brands: The best blenders brands in the market today include Ninja, Vitamix, Nutribullet, Breville, and Magimix to mention but are few. Choose the one that meets your needs the most.
Best Blenders UK 2021:
1. Best Blender for Soup Making – [HB150UK] Blender and Soup Maker
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 08:12 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesMaking soup at the comfort of your home has never been this easy. This Ninja Blender and Soup Maker [HB150UK] helps you to make a delicious healthy soup in minutes. It is engineered with a powerful 1000w motor that easily handles all the tough tasks for you.
Compared to other brands in the market, this blender is considered to be the best when it comes to vegan cooking. This is because of a unique feature where the 1.7L jug is thermal resistant. This feature allows you to make cold and hot food.
Besides, the jug has inbuilt heating elements that quickly cook your ingredients while still in the jug.
With this blender, you opt to sauté, make smoothies, soup, jam, and other healthy combinations and you will be assured of even and professional results. The recipe guide gives you an added advantage as you can use to try new recipes. It is equipped with a cleaning brush, which makes it easy for you to clean.
- Has a 1000w motor
- Designed with a 1.7L jug
- The jug is thermal resistant
- Fitted with inbuilt elements that cook your ingredients quickly
- This is the ideal option for you if you love trying new recipes as it is equipped with a simple recipe guide
- Using this blender, you can easily and safely prepare hot and cold meals thanks to its thermal resistance feature
Check it out, the Ninja Blender and Soup Maker [HB150UK] 1000 W, 1.7 Litre Jug, Black.
2. Best Commercial Blender – Speed Smoothie Blender
No products found.After a long day, all you need is a healthy and fresh smoothie. This New homgeek 2000W 10-Speed Smoothie Blender Commercial Blender is the ideal option in such situations. It is designed with a powerful 2000w motor. This motor handles all the tough tasks easily and fast. Thanks to the powerful motor, you can extract the entire nutrient from your fruits and yet get a fresh and even smoothie or a shake.
Also, if you wish to blend tough vegetables, seeds, fruits, and superfoods, this is the perfect blender. It is fitted with a 2L jug that allows you to blend large and medium bathes. This glass jug is thermal resistant as you can safely make hot or cold drinks.
Apart from being resistant to any impact, the jug is also BPA free. The attachments can be taken apart and tossed in the dishwasher for easy and fast cleaning. Compared to other blenders, this blender is engineered with 8 stainless steel and strong durable hence a perfect choice for crushing ice, pureeing, blending, and supervised processing.
- Has a dial which can be rotated to control the speed
- Fitted with inbuilt pulse function
- Fitted with 8 stainless steel blades
- The glass jug is resistant to impacts
- This is the ideal blender if you want to a smoothie with all the nutrients because it has 8 stainless steel blades
- You can easily adjust the speed of the blender using the dial that can be rotated in any direction
Check it out, the No products found. – Best Commercial Blender
3. Best Blender for Crushing Ice – 2000W Blender Smoothie Maker
No products found.If you want to make a perfect smoothie that has all the nutrients, look no further because the Homgeek 2000W Blender Smoothie Maker is the answer to your puzzle.
With this blender, you do not need to spend a lot of time handling the tough tasks. The powerful 2000w motor handles all the tough tasks easily and fast. It ensures all the tough fruits, seeds, and vegetables are blended perfectly to get a green healthy smoothie.
If you want to crush ice to put in a drink during a hot afternoon, this blender has got you covered. It has 8 sharp, strong, and durable stainless steel blades that give you professional results. These blades also make it perfect if you want to extract all the nutrients, crush frozen fruits, blending, and pureeing giving you smooth and even results.
The glass jar has a capacity of 2L hence the ideal option for blending medium and small batches. This is considered as a blender that you can easily adjust and control the speed as it is designed with 8 speed controls. The dial can be rotated when the blender is working to ensure you get the envisioned results. The pulse function ensures you blend chunky ingredients safely and quickly.
- It has a 2000w motor
- Designed with 8 sharp stainless steel blades
- Perfect for tough tasks in the kitchen
- Designed with a glass jar that can hold a capacity id 2L
- If you are missing out on enjoying the meals that require hard ingredients, you should consider buying Homgeek 2000w Blender and smoothie maker.
- With this blender, you do not have to spend time in the kitchen as it is designed with a 2000w powerful motor than handles all the tasks easily and fast.
Check it out, the No products found..
4. Best Mini Blender – Portable Mini Blender
No products found.For those who would enjoy sipping a smoothie when camping or during a picnic, this is the perfect blender. Other than having a compact design,TENSWALL Portable Mini Blender is lightweight which makes it perfect for outdoor use.
Compared to other common blenders, this blender has a switch that is magnetic sensitive which ensures the blender stops working after you releasing the switch.
It has a capacity of making healthy, delicious, and even smoothies and can hold a capacity of 380ml. TENSWALL is engineered with 6 strong blades that blend all the tough vegetables, fruits, and seeds ensuring you get a smooth and even smoothie without chunks.
This portable mini blender does not compromise your health because it is made from materials that are eco-friendly and are free from BPA, ABS, and PP.
With this blender, you do not have to be connected to a power source to operate. This is because it has an in 2000mAh battery that can be recharged using a power bank, laptop, computers, and phones. The battery only requires 3 hours to be fully charged and can be used for more than 10 times.
Cleaning is easy and fast as you just need to add water and a drop of dishwashing soap.
- It lightweight which makes it easily portable
- Uses a 2000mAh rechargeable battery
- It can be recharged from the most common power source
- Perfect for outdoor uses
- This blender is the ideal option when their power outrage as it uses a battery to operate
- It is a great option for camping and other outdoor related activities because it is lightweight
Check it out, the No products found..
5. Lakeland Touchscreen Soup and Smoothie Maker
If you want to crush ice for your drink or want to make a hot drink during cold days,Lakeland Touchscreen Soup & Smoothie Maker - Black and Silver 2L Glass Jug has got you covered. It is a classic blender that simmers, cooks, blends, cuts, and stirs all your ingredients gives you the expected results.
This is the simplest blender to use because it is designed with a touchscreen display that is easy to use. With this blender, you can adjust the temperature from 75 degrees up to 100 degrees. It also has 3 speeds which ensure you get even smoothies without chunks. It is engineered with a handy timer thus it is ideal for batch cooking.
- Designed with a touchscreen display
- The temperature can be easily adjusted
- Ideal for tough tasks
- Can make a hot or cold drink
- The finish of this blender is beautiful and alluring. The results are also heartwarming as the smoothie is even and chunk free
- It is easy to use because it is designed with a digital display that is easy to use.
Check it out, the Lakeland Touchscreen Soup & Smoothie Maker - Black and Silver 2L Glass Jug.
6. Best Personal Blender – Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack
Breville is one of UK leading manufacturer of small appliances. The Breville VBL096 Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack - White/Green is powered by a 300watt motor that blitzes ingredients to make nourishing smoothies, shakes, slushies and blended drinks.
- Breville blend-active personal family pack weighs 1.4kgs and has a 0.6 capacity jug with a lid. The jug is made of durable Tritan material that is odor, stain, and taste resistant. The family pack comes with two 0.3 litre additional cups.
- Runs on one speed and operates one speed and has a one-touch blending button. The Breville blend-active is dishwasher safe. It has detachable blades which make it a breeze.
- Perfect for both personal (personal training/gym work) and family (school, picnics)
- Breville VBL096 Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack - White/Green is currently going for a competitive price. It will surely provide value for money. You get measuring guides and recipes to get you started.
What is your best blender UK 2021 so far?