Slow Cooker Black Friday 2019 UK Deals by Crock-Pot, Morphy Richards, Andrew James, Sage and other best slow cookers brands on Amazon. We will also feature Cyber Monday sales and discounts when they roll out.
Slow Cooker Black Friday 2019 UK
- Get 48% off Crock-Pot Lift & Serve Digital Slow Cooker with Hinged Lid and Programmable Countdown Timer, 4.7 Litre, CSC052
- Get 36% off James Martin by Wahl Digital Slow Cooker
- Deal Price: £45.54 James Martin by Wahl ZX916 Multi Cooker
- Get 12% off Morphy Richards Sear and Stew Digital Slow Cooker 6.5L 461012 Red Slowcooker
- Deal Price: £20.30 Morphy Richards Oval Slow Cooker 3.5L Polished Stainless Steel Slowcooker
- Deal Price: £34.00Tower T16019C Stainless Steel Slow Cooker with 3 Heat Settings, Keep Warm Function, Tempered Glass Lid, Removable Ceramic Pot, 6.5 Litre, 270 W, Cream
- For more slow cooker deals, check it here.
Check also electric pressure cooker Black Friday deals.
What is a Slow Cooker?
Slow cooker is the opposite of a pressure cooker. It is a kitchen device that cooks food slowly from 6 to 8 hours compared to the pressure cooker that cooks very fast. Slow cookers have 3 parts: the glass lid, pot and heating element. Their pots are mainly made up of metal sitting on the heating element. However, there are those that are made up of ceramic or porcelain pots. These are referred to as crock pots. Crockpots have two setting low and high with heating surrounding the pot compared to variable control setting, 1 to 5 offered by other slow cookers.
The slow machine cooks food more slowly than crockpots and sometimes require stirring because its heat is concentrated in the bottom not distribute evenly. However, every time you lift the lid up, it adds 20 to 30 minutes of cooking time. Different from crock pots that are surrounded by heating elements causing the heat to be distributed evenly enabling the food to come quickly to the safe temperature for killing bacteria.
Depending on the recipe you can set your slow cooker to run for 6 to 8 hours or overnight but not in 24 hours. This is for safety and quality reasons.
What Can You Use a Slow Cooker For?
You can use your slow cooker for making soups and stew, cooking root vegetables, pork shoulder, lamb shoulder, ribs, and chicken thighs, casserole or curry. Making lasagne,puddings, cheesecake, and hot chocolate among others.
Just put all the ingredients in the pot but in case of the onion, fry them first before adding them to the pot. Also, you can choose to brown the meat before adding it to make your soup or stew taste much better.
Also, try to prepare your ingredient if possible a night before and leave them in room temperature. Frozen food needs to be defrosted before cooking them. Dry beans need to be soaked overnight and cooked for at least 10 minutes or alternatively use canned beans.
- Rice and pasta need to be cooked separately and saved alongside rather than mixing them with other food. This is because these food cook very quickly mixing them will create a big mess.
- Add soft vegetables like peas and courgettes near the end of cooking time.
- Too much spice will make the food too hot to eat unless you are a spice friend.
At all times remember to lay out your ingredients correctly starting with those hard to cook like root vegetables first on top faster cooking ingredients like canned food. This is because the crock pots do not cook food evenly, layering them nicely will make them all cook perfectly.
Do Not Do This
- Add oil on your food as it will not be absorbed by the food due to low moisture. Get time to trim any excess oil in the meat before cooking them to help make your food not too oily.
- Overfill your slow cooker to reduce the risk of leaking out at the top
- Cook tender meats like chicken breast, and pork fillet, fish as they can turn out into tough leather
- Add raw meat without seasoning and browning it first as adding raw meat will make your food taste bland
- Using too much water or stock – adding too much liquid will make your stew tasteless
- Adding dairy products at the beginning will make your food taste yuck
- Cooking chicken with its skin is not a good idea if you don’t want to find bits of skin floating on your stew
- Taking a peek as this reduce the temperature inside the machine risking your food not to cook well or take more time to cook
- Using wrong size slow cooker per given recipe will make your final output either overcooked or not cooked at all.
We will continue featuring more Black Friday slow cooker UK deals as more offers keep coming in.