Here is a detailed Best Pressure Cooker UK 2020 under £100 reviews and prices. Find also pressure cooker buying guide below on what it is and how to use one.
Note: For free next day delivery, Get 30-day Free Trial of Amazon Prime .
Note when pressure cooking. For food that foams or expand like pasta, cereals, rice and pulses you need to fill it one third. For liquid foods such as casserole and soup, you need to fill half way. And for vegetables, 2 third.
Best Pressure Cooker UK 2020
1. Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker – Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK
- Create tasty, healthy meals up to 70% faster than the traditional oven or hob. Cook a whole chicken in 30 minutes!
- 4 Ways to cook: pressure cook, slow cook, steam, and brown/sauté. Easy-to-use controls with 8 one-touch programmes for mealtime favourites
- Optional manual function and delay timer gives you full control. Auto keep-warm means your dish is ready when you are
- Non-stick removable bowl resists stuck-on food for easy cleaning. Large 5.6 litre capacity is perfect for families and entertaining
- Airtight locking lid stays sealed under pressure for safety. Accessories includes a steaming rack, stirring spoon and recipe book full of inspiration
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 09:57 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesThe Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker is our number one best electric pressure cooker UK 2021. It works only as a pressure cooker but also as a slow cooker, steamer and saute.
- It comes with a 5.6 litre non-stick stainless steel bowl, big enough for a medium to big sized family.
- This multi pressure cooker features 8 pre set programmes. These functions include soup, beans, rice/risotto, poultry, yoghurt and dessert. There is also functions for steaming, browning and slow cook.
- You can adjust temperature and pressure based on your new found recipe
- The Crock-Pot Express has a countdown timer to show you cooking times
- It has the option to delay the timer and keep food warm
- For safety purpose, its lid stay closed when the Crock-Pot pressure cooker is in action
- With it comes a stirring spoon, steaming rack, recipe book and instruction manual.
- This machine can make food up to 70% faster than other method of cooking
- Can use it for cooking beans, soup, risotto, Christmas pudding, stews, and roast chicken. You can also make curries, broth, chills, desserts, steamed rice, vegetables, and fish.
- You get this best electric pressure cooker UK under £100.
2. Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker [OP350UK] Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer – Best Multi Pressure Cooker UK
- Multi-cooker with 6L capacity – Ideal for up to 4 people
- The pressure cooker that crisps – Exclusive TenderCrisp Technology
- 9 ways to cook – Pressure Cook, Air Fry, Slow Cook, Grill, Steam, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Yoghurt & Dehydrate
- Pressure cook up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods
- Includes 6L Cooking Pot, 3.6L Cook & Crisp Basket, Reversible Rack, Recipe Guide. Dishwasher safe parts
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 20:44 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesIf you are looking for the best multi pressure cooker UK, then, Ninja foodi pressure cooker is the best one to go for . The thing that make it stand out from the rest is its ‘TenderCrisp Technology’ . This gives chicken, fish, steaks, chips and other food a nice crispy finish. The Ninja pressure cooker comes in 4 sizes to choose from based on your family size. There is a 4.7l, 6l and 7.5 litre Ninja pressure cooker.
- The 6l Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker also comes in 2 options to choose from. One with 7 pre set programmes and another one with 9. The 6 litre with 7 functions is of the same price as the 4.7l with 6 functions. And these 2 are cheaper than the 6 litre with 7 functions making the 6l with 9 functions the best option to go for.
- The Ninja 6litre pressure cooker with 9 functions has the same pre set programmes as the 7.5l with 9 functions. The only difference between them is the pot size and the price in which the 6l is cheaper by miles.
- The 6l Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker features 9 pre set functions. These includes pressure and slow cooker, air fryer, grill, steamer, and yoghurt maker. It can also bake, saute and dehydrate.
- With it you can cook main and side foods at the same time saving you more cooking time. You can do this using using the reversible 1rack that help you to layer out ingredients
- Can use it for frying meat, chicken, fish, and chips using little to no oil at all
- You can also use it for baking cakes, cookies, breads and more
- With it you can also slow cook up to 12 hours long
- This multi cooker is ,yet, not suitable for small kitchen as it is a bit big like a small microwave. If you want the best pressure cooker for small kitchen, go for Instant Pot Duo 3L.
- With it you get a reversible rack for layering ingredients. There is also a cook and crisp basket plus a recipe book.
- You get this best Ninja pressure cooker under £150, worth it I can say. With it no cooking smell, steam / water leakage . Its cooking pot is easy to clean , yet, the trivet is not.
3. Instant Pot Duo Plus 3L Electric Pressure Cooker – Best Small Pressure Cooker UK
- YOUR NEW GO-TO KITCHEN APPLIANCE - With 3 litre capacity, the Duo Plus Mini is perfect for smaller families, couples, students or even as a secondary Instant Pot for side dishes. 7 functions in 1 appliance, you'll find a use for it every day.
- TAKE THE CHORE OUT OF COOKING - YOUR FAVOURITE DISHES MADE SIMPLY BY PRESSING A BUTTON: Features 13 smart programs – Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Sauté Pan, Sous Vide, Soup/Broth, Bean/Grain, Egg Cooker, Sterilizer, Yoghurt...
- SAVE TIME AND ENERGY IN BUSY LIFESTYLES- Create tasty, healthy meals up to 70% FASTER than traditional oven or hob recipes. Up to 24 hour delay start and 10 hour keep warm features ensures cooking dinner now fits to your schedule, and the dishwasher safe...
- GET NUTRITIOUS DINNERS ON THE TABLE QUICKER WITH INSTANT POT: Sauté vegetables in five minutes and cook a whole chicken in 20 minutes. The combination of steam and pressure makes everything from tender roasts to perfectly cooked curries faster than ever.
- NEVER LOST FOR RECIPES! The free Instant Pot app on iOS and Android devices is loaded with hundreds of recipes for any cuisine to get you started on your Instant Pot Adventure. And over 23000 home cooks and foodies in our dedicated Instant Pot UK Facebook...
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 04:24 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesIf you are looking for the best small pressure cooker UK for 2 persons then the Instant Pot is the best. The Instant Pot Duo Plus is one of the best selling, top rated pressure cookers UK. It is a slow cooker and pressure cooker in one.
- It comes with a small 3 litre stainless steel pot making it suitable for couples, and students. You can also use it for making side dishes.
- The Pot Duo Plus features 13 pre set programmes. These include slow and pressure cooker, egg and rice cooker. There is also porridge and yoghurt maker, soup, saute, steamer and Sous Vide. Besides sterilizer and food warmer.
- You can use it for steaming vegetables, making soup, yoghurt, and porridge. Besides browning meat, steaming vegetables ,cooking rice, making curries, roasting chicken and more.
- You can set it to delay cooking up to 24 hours and keep the food warm for up 10 hours.
- With it you get steam rack and spare gasket
- Its pot and the lid are dishwasher safe
- You can access loads of recipes through ‘free instant pot app’ their Facebook UK Instant pot page.
- You get this Instant pot mini pressure cooker under £100
4. Tower Pressure Cooker – Best Cheap Pressure Cooker UK 2021
- Locks in more vitamins and nutrients for healthier meals, faster
- Brown, boil, steam, braise, stew and roast a variety of vegetables, meats, fruits, fish and grains
- Generous 6 Litre capacity, ideal for all the family to enjoy with included steamer basket
- Easy two-step pressure setting valve to tailor the cooking process to your ingredients
- Aluminium and steel encapsulated base provides a rapid cook and even heat distribution
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 15:54 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesThe Tower Pressure Cooker is our number one best cheap pressure cooker. It is good and comes with great features only if you take care on how to use it.
- It comes with a large 6 litre stainless steel bowl with handle. The bowl base is encapsulated with steel and aluminum. This helps to distribute heat evenly and cook food well. This bowl, yet, is not dishwasher safe.
- Tower comes with a steam basket and trivet to aid steaming vegetables, fish and more.
- Compared to electric pressure cooker, this stovetop pressure cooker is lightweight. It weighs 2.65kg making it easy to move from one place to another.
- Tower Pressure Cooker is suitable for all hob types
- You can use it for browning, steaming, boiling, stewing and roasting. With it you can make casserole, soup, stocks, stew, and Christmas puddings. You can also make steamed vegetables, fish and more.
- To depressurize it you need to place it under cold water, do not use the steam release device. Using its steam release feature might cause burns on you as observed by other customers.
- Note: Tower Pressure Cooker has a tendency to leak under its handle sometimes. To avoid it leaking make sure to wash the gasket (sealing ring) before using it and after cooking. If a gasket is dry, apply little vegetable oil. You also need to wash the pot and the lid as always.
- You get this best budget stovetop pressure cooker under £50 and it is worth it.
5. Tefal Secure 5 Neo Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker – Best stovetop pressure cooker
- 2 Cooking programs depending on ingredients and results desired
- Auto-lock system allowing the lid of the pressure cooker to close safely with audible noise
- Ergonomic handles for added comfort, automatic locking for opening and closing.
- Inside coating is finished- brushed stainless steel. Outside coating finish is - mirror polished stainless steel
- All hobs compatible including induction. Check that the gasket is properly positioned inside the lid.Make sure that the safety rod or pressure indicator is positioned correctly. Remove and replace if necessary.
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 09:57 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesTefal Secure 5 Neo Stainless Steel is our number one best stovetop pressure cooker. Its 6 litre stainless steel pot comes with 10 years guarantee.
- The Secure 5 Neo pressure cooker features two cooking modes. There is one mode for vegetables and another one for meat.
- To make it safe for use, this pressure cooker includes 5 safety devices. A safety pin that signals red color when pressure starts building up . And if Tefal is not closed the pressure will not build up, and if it is under pressure you can not open it. There is also safety valve for depressurised the device when the sealing ring for is blocked. And a sealing ring for releasing pressure between lid and pot over time
- There is autolock system that locks the lid when you close your Tefal pressure cooker
- With it you get also a steam basket for steaming vegetables, fruits and fish. You also get a user guide showing you how to use your Tefal well and a cooking table.
- You can use it on all types of hobs
- Tefal Secure 5 Neo Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker cooks food up to one third faster. This is in comparison to using a stockpot. This saves you up to 70% of energy bills.
- You can use this Tefal pressure cooker for steaming, boiling, stewing, and roasting. You can also use it for browning, frying, simmering ,braising, poaching, and baking .
- With it you can cook 2 set of foods at the same time, one on the steamer and another one on the main cooking pot
- You get it under £100
6. Prestige – Hi Dome – Pressure Cooker
- ✅ FASTER MEALS - It's easy, just throw everything in your high pressure cooker to create delicious meals 70% quicker than normal cooking. It's a no brainer, you will save time and energy.
- ✅ HEALTHIER MEALS - our 6L pressure cooker will also help you to keep all the good nutrients in your food during the cooking process, meaning you'll end up with a tasty and healthy meal.
- ✅ FOR FAMILY MEALS - Our big pressure cooker is just right for families. It can help you cook 8-10 healthy meal servings in one pan and will be easy to store in your kitchen.
- ✅ PRACTICAL ACCESSORIES - Comes with a pressure cooker accessories set containing a separator, divider, wire trivet and recipe book to unleash your creativity and cook anything you dream of.
- ✅ ULTRA SAFE LOCK - This 6ltr pressure cooker comes with multi-functional locking safety handle and heat resistant handles to keep you safe. It also displays a visual pressure indicator.
Last update on 2021-05-06 at 09:57 / // Source: Amazon AffiliatesThe Prestige – Hi Dome – Pressure Cooker is one of the best selling, budget pressure cookers UK. It comes with 10 years guarantee.
- Hi Dome comes with a large 6 litre aluminium cooking pot. Yet, this pot is not dishwasher safe as it is of aluminium; you need to wash it hand using hot soapy water. Take care not to scratch it when washing it.
- Its pot’s handles are heat resistance and has safety features in place that lock the pot when it cooking. There is also pressure indicator
- Prestige also comes with a v-shaped wire trivet, separator and a divider.
- It has 3 pressure settings: 5, 10 and 15lb to cater for different cooking recipes .
- Not suitable for using on induction hob
- You get a recipe book with few recipe ideas to get you started
- The Prestige – Hi Dome will help you in roasting chicken, making stews, soup, stocks, and more. Not suitable for acidic foods though as it damages the aluminum pot.
- It lightweight, weighing 3.18 kg with 28.6 x 41.4 x 25.2 cm size. It easy to clean, move from one place to another and store it.
- You get it under £60
What is a Pressure Cooker?
A pressure cooker is the type of kitchen appliance that cook food with high pressure steam. Using high pressure steam, this kitchen appliance cooks food very fast. This is sometimes up to half of the time of other traditional cooking tools.
- The device remain sealed during the cooking process. Once finished cooker, it lowers the pressure to aid removed the cover.
The pressure cookers consist of a :
- a lid for covering the food while cooking . Most of them have a locking for safety purpose.
- Sealing ring also known as gasket for sealing the cooker preventing steam escape. It either of rubber or silicone. To maintain its efficiency, you need to replace it yearly.
- Steam vent for regulating pressure in the pot
- Pressure indicator for showing the amount of steam pressure
- Safety device
- Some other models include some bonus accessories such as steamer basket. You can buy a trivet if your pressure cooker does not include one
Pressure cooker are of stainless steel material or aluminum. With stainless steel ones being more durable and preferable by many. Aluminum ones are cheap in price but more prone to acidic food. This makes them less durable when compared to stainless steel ones. Stainless steel pressure cookers includes other layers such as copper-clad bottom. This helps spread the heat and cook the food well.
What Can You Use the Pressure Cooker For?
You can use the pressure cooker for cooking any type of food that is suitable for cooking with steam. This includes vegetables, fish, meat and rice.
- Cooking tougher meats even chicken, pork and beef without thawing
- Steaming vegetables, puddings
- Cooking potatoes, rice, soup, meatballs, beans
- Cook moist and fall off the bone meat
- Making risottos
- Poaching fruit and more
- Here are 50 Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- When cooking food that expands such as beans and rice, do not fill the pot more than half.
- Note: Pressure cookers works with food that has good amount of water content or liquid. This helps generate steam pressure
- Pan frying, deep frying and roasting do not generate enough steam. This makes them not suitable for pressure cooking. If you want it also to deep fry, go for pressure fryers (pressure cooker with air fryer).
Foods Not Suitable for Pressure Cooking
Some food such as pastas, noodles, cereals, oatmeal and fried food are not suitable. Also dairy food, cake and many ingredients. This is because either they expand too much and can block the steam vent which can be quite dangerous. Or they will undercook or become soggy. If you want to mix different types of food, pay attention on how to lay them on the pot. Pressure cookers build steam when cooking making it not suitable for baking cakes. Even frying food unless you buy a multi pressure cooker with added functionalities.
Is It Safe to Use the Pressure Cooker?
Most of the modern pressure cookers which are currently on the market are safe to use. They incorporate safety features to prevent explosion. When the steam vent get blocked will trigger safety devices.
- There is lid interlock that prevents you from opening the lid when the cooking is going on.
- The cooker will not work if the safety feature are not well set
- Always read user safety guide provided before start using the machine
- There is also gasket that help release excess steam pressure downward
- Some models have temperature sensors that auto-shut-off the machine in case of danger
- European Union Pressure Equipment Directive is there to help manufacturer put safety features.
Cleaning and maintaining your pressure cooker often as per instructional manual provided. And avoid overfill or cooking food that are not suitable for cooking in a pressure cooker. This will help preventing steam vent blockage.
Types of Pressure Cookers
There are 3 types of pressure cookers: old generation, second and third generation.
- The Old also called first generation pressure cooker operates by using valves. This valves releases steam pressure sounding like a whistle same as steam engine. They have only one pressure level to cook with.
- Second generation pressure cookers offer many pressure level to choose from. Some of them do not release pressure rather have a pressure progress indicator or a dial. The progress indicator show where the pressure level is. Whereas, the dial helps you adjust the pressure through moving it around. When you open the lid that is when you see the pressure coming out or when you have not attached the cover well.
- Third generation are the electric pressure cookers. They use electric to control the pressure and temperature. They include a timer, safety features and pre set programmes for cooking a variety of food. They also have option to keep your food warm.
- Electric pressure cookers are also divided into three options. There is one with mechanical timer; these do not allow delay cooking. You have to set it and will start cook immediately when the pressure has built up. The second option are the ones with digital timer. These offers delay cooking capability and countdown timer. You can set when it should start cooking. The last option are the ones with smart programming. These includes pre set programmes on variety of dishes.
There is a single purpose and multi-purpose pressure cookers. The multifunctional pressure cookers do more than one task. They can steam, sear, bake, slow cook, rice cook yoghurt maker, Sous Vide, warm food, air fry and more. Is The Pressure Cooker Worth It? The pressure cooker there to help you save time. It cooks food very quick making it ideal for students, busy working mums and dads.
- They use less energy in comparison to traditional oven cooking, steaming or boiling. This is because they use less liquid that heat up faster to generate pressure steam. The steam is not escaping making it to cook food very fast. It also kills germs that could have escaped in boiling food.
- You can also use the pressure cooker for sterilizing baby’s bottles.
- They are good at browning food to enhance more flavors
- Good for travelers and those living in high attitudes. Pressure cookers ensures that food are well cooked. The water boiling point in high altitudes tend to be low. This makes some boiled food undercooked. But, with pressure cooker, everything is well cooked. Yet, pressure cooking times needs to adjust.
- For mountaineers, you can get yourself a lightweight pressure cooker. This is in comparison of carrying a bit heavy stove-top-units.
- They preserve vitamins and nutrients by not allowing it to escape
Buying Guide: What to Consider when Choosing the Best Pressure Cooker to Buy.
- Capacity: Pressure cookers come in different size: small and big. They ranges from 1.5 litre to 6 litre. Choose the one based on the number of people you will be cooking for. For safety purpose the cooking pot need not to more than two-third full.
- Safety devices: Make sure the pressure cooker you want to buy has some safety devices in place. This will help prevent un-necessary steam burn or explosion.
- Handles: For easy moving from one place to another. Based on your interest and how it will appear on your kitchen. You can choose the one with handles or not.
- Stickiness: Some pressure cookers’ pots are of non-stick material . This makes it easy to clean. When choosing see if the one you want to buy comes with a non-stick pot
- Most machine parts are dishwasher safe . But, you advised to not dish wash the pot rather wash it with your hand. Use soft sponge and do not scratch it with metal or sharp objects
- Price – Most best selling pressure cookers are under £100, both electric and manual ones.
- Electric or stovetop pressure cooker: Do you need an electric one or stovetop. The electric pressure cookers give you more control and settings to work with.
How Do Pressure Cookers Works?
The pressure cookers works using hot steam build up into a sealed pot. This raise the water boiling point above 100 making the food cook very fast.Once you have added food in your cooker and set it, you can not peek on it until the food is ready. Here you have to trust your recipe that will deliver what you expect.
How to Use the Pressure Cooker?
- You place the food in the pressure cooker with some liquid such as stock or water in or in the separate pot
- Secure the lid
- Set the timer and other commands such as ‘keep food warm’
- Let the pressure cooker do its work
- You can use small plastic, or ceramic containers in the pot. This only if the material used can sustain high temperatures of 130 °C.
- Using these containers ,yet, will increase the cooking time due to poor heat transfer
- Note: You need to brown some food first such as meat and onions before cooking to improve flavors. Then wait for it to cool a bit before adding water or stock. If you add water before cooling, some of it will evaporate. This as a results will leave no enough water for pressure cooking.
- You can cut hard to cook vegetables into small pieces and the easy to cook into thick pieces. This will help avoiding food being over or under cooked.
Is Pressure Cooking Healthy?
Yes according to scientific studies such as https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2006.00258.x and https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7792260/. Pressure cooking preserve more food nutrients than most methods of cooking. This is because it cooks food faster which does not allow much nutrients extraction and loss. It also kills most bacteria when compared to boiling food.And another supporting argument is that cooking with pressure cooker uses less water. This prevent nutrient loss when compared to boiling. When boiling vegetables for instance, it causes nutrient leaches into the water. This is not the case with the pressure cooker. It preserve most nutrient up to 90%.
Pressure cooking also reduces more acid in the legumes, grains and seed (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01088088?LI=true#page-1). This makes them easy to digest and help the body absorb their nutrients .For hard seeds such as beans, you need to soak them first, overnight before cooking them.