The mini food processor is the food processor designed for processing small quantities. These food processors most of them are small, lightweight, compact and cheap in price. You can get the best mini food processor chopper for as low as £20 or even less than 20 compared to the full-sized or multi-purpose food processors UK 2020. For full-sized, check our Best Food Processor UK.
The mini food processors are handy for performing lightweight chopping tasks. And hence the name mini choppers. Apart from chopping other mini choppers come with extra attachments. These attachments include the one for blending, grinding and kneading. For mini chopper blenders, check our Best Mini Blender UK 2020.
Consider your needs, and read our detailed reviews below to find which one is the best for you.
Below are our top 5 best mini food processors 2020 based on detailed research.
Best Mini Choppers UK 2020 – The Top Rated
|No.||Image||Best Mini Chopper, Mini Food Processors (detailed reviews below)|
|1.||Best Cheap- Kenwood Mini Chopper - features 0.35 litre bowl, 2 speeds control, 300 watts motor and rubber feet.|
|2.||Best Selling -Ninja Professional Chopper [NJ1002UKBK] Stackable - features 2 containers with lids, 200watts motor, one speed|
|3.||Russell Hobbs 24662 Desire Mini Chopper -0.5 litre with 2 lids, a spatula, 2 dough hooks and two beaters, 200 watts and one speed control|
|4.||Best Manual - Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper: Powerful Manual Handheld Chopper/Mixer/Blender - 950ml BPA free plastic bowl with a lid and a pulling cord.|
|5.||Best Onion -Homeasy Food Processor, Meat Grinder 2L Stainless Steel Food Chopper for Meat, Vegetables, Fruits and Nuts, Stainless Steel Bowl and 4 Sharp Blades, 350W, 8 Cups|
|6.||Mini Chopper 600W LINKChef Mini Food Processor 4 bi-Level Blades, 1.2L Robust Stainless Steel Bowl with 500ml Food Capacity Silver/Black (FC-5140) – 3 Years Warranty|
Best Mini Food Processor Chopper UK 2020 Reviews
1. Kenwood Mini Chopper – Best Cheap
Great for everything chopping; this mini food chopper comes with quite small, 0.35-litre bowl. It has 2-speed control setting, 300watts motor, and rubber feet. There is also a safety interlock feature at the press of the button. The rubber feet are for making the machine stable while in action.
The bowl is detachable and dishwasher safe.
You can use it to create side sauces, chopping meat and vegetables
- It is very small to even put one large onion on its 0.3 litre bowl. But it is very easy to empty and operate.
- It is good at chopping but can’t grind.
If you are looking for the best value mini food processor that is cheap but high in quality then try the Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper. It is worth it. You get it under 20 pound investment.
Here is the Kenwood Mini Chopper on Amazon.
2. Ninja Professional Stackable Chopper – Best Selling
It comes with one double blade and 2 containers with lids. The containers are sealable and you can store them in the fridge. You can also stack them together for space-saving.
The Ninja Professional features 200watts motor, one speed control setting and a pulse. The pulse is there to help you control the texture in which the veggies get chopped. The longer you hold it the finer the chopped ingredients. But, holding it for a long time, more than 2 seconds, can lead into mashed vegetables.
You can use it for cutting ginger, garlic, tomato, onions, herbs, nuts, making soup, baby food and hummus. Great for people who use a lot of veggies in their meals.
You get an instruction manual, a quick start recipe book and a one year warranty.
Though all detachable parts are dishwasher safe; the lids tend to shrink, better hands wash it.
The Ninja Professional Stackable Chopper is great. Easy to use, clean and store.
3: Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper: The Best Manual Mini Chopper
The Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper is one of the best manual mini food processors. It can chop, blend and puree. It functions by pulling the handle, 5 times for a course texture and 10 times for a fine texture.
To achieve its role, this mini chopper comes with a 950ml bowl with a lid and a pulling cord. The bowl is of plastic material, BPA free. It also comes with a mixer blade and a cutting rotator with three blades. The mixer blade is for mixing and or blending vegetables.
You can use the chopper to chop veggies, fruits, nuts, herbs, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger to mention but a few. This mini processor is handy when comes to making sauces, salads, hummus, soup and more.
Buying this mini chopper gives you access to 3 recipe eBooks and a user guide. The recipe books cover recipes for salad, salsa, and spiral slicer.
You need to chop the veggies a bit and halved the onions before adding them to the machine.
Otherwise, the Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper is great. It is easy to use, clean and store. It is also compact, cheap and versatile.
4. Homeasy Food Processor– Best Food Chopper for Meat, Vegetables, Fruits and Nuts
- It comes with sharp stainless steel blades to make the copping job easy and fast and a large 2 litre, stainless steel , long lasting, shock proof bowl
- There is also a non-slip mat to keep the Homeasy chopper in place while in action
- This electric chopper also has 2 control speed settings-a slow speed for processing meat and a fast speed for vegetables and fruits.
- LINKChef mini chopper is powered by by a powerful 600watts motor, making the job of mixing, slicing, chopping and even bledning frozen fruits easy
- It comes with a dishwasher safe, stainless steal, 1.2 litre bowl with a see through lid
- There is also a non-slip mat to keep it stable while in operation
- The machine has 2 speed with one control button. Press gently for soft ingredients such as onions, garlic and fruits and for hard ingredients such as meat, nuts, and carrots, press harder.
- For peace of mind, this best vegetable chopper comes with 3 years warranty.
- Check it out.
The Cuisinart ECH4U Prep Pro, Mini Chopper & Processor is one of the best mini food processors for pureeing. It is lightweight, compact, and small weighing 1.4kg, 900watts and of 16 x 12 x 20 cm dimension. It has a bowl of 600ml compared to 300ml of the best selling Kenwood mini chopper. The one reviewed above. Its bowl is of plastic material.
Apart from pureeing; the Cuisinart can also chop and grind ingredients.
While other mini processors come with a 1 to 2-year warrant. This Cuisinart Processor comes with 5-year warranty and a recipe book for peace of mind.
It has one-speed control setting, 2 blades – a sharp blade for chopping and pureeing; AND a flat blade for grinding chocolate, coffee beans and nuts. Additionally, there is a lid with a hole for adding oil or water. A safety lock feature is also included.
For pureeing baby or family food; The Cuisinart Mini Food Processor is the best worth buying it. It can also dice and mince, versatile enough with 5 years guarantee on top.
You get it under £50.
Here is the Cuisinart Mini Food Processor on Amazon.
The James Martin Grind and Chop is one of the best mini food processors for grinding nuts. Apart from the nuts it can also process all kinds of wet and dry food such as vegetables, coffee, ginger, and garlic.
The processor comes with the grinder attachment for grinding and chopper for chopping. It features powerful 200 watts motor, stainless steel blades and 2 bowls. The 2 bowls are stainless steel with 70gram capacity. They are also detachable.
You use the grinder for dry food like spices or coffee and the chopper for wet food such as vegetables.
The James Martin Grind and Chop is easy to use, clean and store. It gets the job done for under £30 investment. Good value for money.
While the grinding functionality is the best; the chopper is a hit or miss. You either get too small pieces or too big.
Here is the James Martin Grind and Chop on Amazon.
The Russell Hobbs Desire Mini Chopper is one of the few mini food processors with glass bowl and dough hook. Its glass bowl is one litre volume with 0.5 litre food capacity. It has 2 lids, one for covering the bowl while chopping and another one for enhancing easy food storage.
Apart from the 500ml glass bowl; you also get a spatula, 2 dough hooks and two beaters and a user guide. The Russell Hobbs mini chopper itself is stylishly presented in a mixture of black and red colors.
Like the Ninja, the Russell Hobbs also works at the touch of a button.
You can use it for making baby food, pizza or bread dough, hummus, salad and even for beating eggs for cake mixtures.
The bowl, blades, and lids are all dishwashers safe.
Like any many other mini choppers. The Russell Hobbs mini chopper is for preparing small quantities of food per time.
Check the Russell Hobbs Desire Mini Chopper.
9. Homgeek Mini Chopper, Food Processor – Best for Baby Food, Meat, Onion, and Vegetables
The Homgeek Mini Chopper, Food Processor is one of the best mini chopper for baby food, for grinding meat and making salads among others. It is powerd by 300 watts motor with stainless steel blade that can chop, blend, puree, mix and mix ingredients.
- It comes with a medium size, 1.8 litre stainless steel bowl with a see through BPA free, lid. The bowl is dishwasher safe
- It also has a rubber mat to keep it stable while mixing
- This Homgeek mini food processor also has 2 control buttons : one for soft ingredients and another one for hard ones.
- It is easy to use and clean
- check it out.
What Can You Chop in a Mini Chopper?
You can use a mini food processor for chopping vegetables and fruits, grinding nuts, and mincing boneless meat. You can chop onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, apples, green peppers and more.
- They are quite handy in preparing food for making salads, soup, stews, sauces and dips, and juicing. You can also use them for making breadcrumbs.
- Since they are little, you need to cut your ingredients into small size before adding them into a mini processor
Types of Mini Choppers
There are two main types of mini choppers: manual and electric ones.
- Manual food choppers are operated by hand using a string where you pull it to chop, blend and puree the ingredients.They are quite cheap when compared to the electric ones but limited on what they can do, for instance they can not mince meat or grind nuts or else it will be a time consuming task.
- Electric food processor ,on the other hand, use electricity to chop, grind , mince or mix ingredients. They work at the push of the button on the machine. They are bit expensive with a price range of £20 to £50 compared to under £20 for the manual one.
Can a mini chopper puree?
Yes, you can use the mini chopper for puree, making baby food. After cooking your food and let it cool down then you can add it into a chopper and press the button to puree it until you reach a desired output.
You can also use it for puree both vegetables and fruits such as potatoes, broccoli, bananas, apples, berries, peaches or any mixed ingredients.
Can you use a mini chopper as a food processor?
A mini chopper is a small version of the full-sized food processor. You can use it as a food processor but for processing (chopping, mixing, mincing and grinding) small quantities of food for making salads, sauces, soup, stews and more.
They lack auto pre-set programmes so to operate them you need to keep pressing the button until you achieve a desired food texture. However, they are very quick in what they do and this save you processing time and holding the button for long time will change your food into mash.