The mini food processor also referred to as a mini chopper is designed for processing small quantities of food (dicing, chopping, grinding, mincing, cutting and slicing). Most of these are small, lightweight, compact, and cheap in price. Below are the key features to consider when looking for the best mini chopper.
Best selling mini choppers:
Last update on 2022-01-19 at 13:04 / // Source: Amazon
What to Look for in Buying the Best Small Food Processor?
Mini food processors come in different types, sizes, capacity, colour and price range. When looking to buy the best small food processor consider the following factors:
- Electric or manual: Do you want an electric mini food processor or a manual one? They all accomplish the same task but one uses electricity and cut your ingredients faster and the other needs hands-on
- Bowl size: Dou want a 0.300-litre bowl or a 2-litre bowl: The bigger size gives you more space in case you want to cut more ingredients for a family party or visitors
- Price: You can get a small food processor for as little as under £20 and up to £50: Which one are you prepared to pay? Let your budget helps you decide which mini food processor to buy today
- The look: Do you want stainless steel or a glass bowl food processor?
- Warranty: Most mini food processors come with a standard one year warranty but some like Cuisinart have up to 5 years
- Power – This ranges from 200watts to 900watts – The higher motor power helps the machine to perform heavy tasks easily like cutting hard vegetables or grinding
If you want one below are our top 5 best mini food processors UK 2022 reviews. They all have something prominent, it could be either the bowl size, motor power, aesthetics or price. Check here for our extensive buying guide. You can get the best mini chopper for as low as £20 or even less than 20 compared to the full-sized or multi-purpose electric food processors UK 2022. For full-sized, check our Best Food Processor UK.
The mini food processors are handy for performing lightweight chopping tasks. And hence the name mini choppers. Apart from chopping other mini food processors come with extra attachments. These attachments include the one for blending, grinding and kneading. For mini chopper blenders, check our Best Mini Blender UK 2022.
Consider your needs, and read our detailed reviews below to find which one is the best for you.
Best Mini Food Processors 2022
1. Best Selling – Ninja Professional Chopper [NJ1002UKBK] Stackable
|Ninja Professional Chopper [NJ1002UKBK] Stackable, 200W, Black||£29.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-01-19 at 13:05 / // Source: Amazon
The Ninja professional chopper has a 200W motor and a pulse function which you can use to produce consistent cutting. It can cut onions and Parsley. It also comes with an extra bowl which gives you a maximum capacity of 500 grams at your disposal. The bowls have caps and can be also used to store the food you have processed. It operates with a simple one-touch thrust of the switch. What sets the Ninja mini chopper apart is that it has 4 blades while most mini choppers usually have two blades. This alongside the pulse function enables it to cut evenly without the risk of mushing up your ingredients. It can chop, mince and even grind uniformly with ease.
When comes to slicing vegetables; The Ninja Professional Stackable Chopper is our number one best mini food processor UK 2022. Apart from chopping veggies; It can also chop fruits and make a puree.
It comes with one double blade and 2 containers with lids. The containers are sealable and you can store them in the fridge. You can also stack them together for space-saving.
The Ninja Professional features a 200watts motor, one-speed control setting, and a pulse. The pulse is there to help you control the texture in which the veggies get chopped. The longer you hold it the finer the chopped ingredients. But, holding it for a long time, more than 2 seconds, can lead to mashed vegetables.
You can use this Ninja, best vegetable chopper for cutting ginger, garlic, tomato, onions, herbs, nuts, making soup, baby food and hummus. Great for people who use a lot of veggies in their meals.
You get an instruction manual, a quick start recipe book and a one year warranty.
- Double blade and 2 bowl
- Easy to use, one-speed control setting with a pulse
- Can process even one onion with ease making it suitable for individuals and couples
- Good customer service
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Its portable
- Though all detachable parts are dishwasher safe; the lids tend to shrink, better hands wash it.
- Hands-on, you need to keep pressing the button with one hand while pressing its top with another hand. If you do not use your two hands, it will spin around badly.
- Not very good for nuts and other hard seeds as results into overheating it
Verdict: This mini chopper is our top pick because it offers consistent cutting, thanks to its superior blades and pulse function. It is budget friendly and does the job well.If you are looking for an affordable chopper the Ninja Professional Chopper NJ1002UKBK is worth considering. Easy to use, clean and store.
2. Best Manual Mini Food Processor – Brieftons QuickPull Manual Food Chopper Processor
The Brieftons QuickPull Manual Food Chopper has Processor 950 ml capacity . It is ideal for cutting vegetables, fruits, meats and any food that is too large to fit into the blade. The food chopper has a powerful motor with smooth-running blade that provides a professional finish. It comes with an adjustable cutter head with blades of different sizes for use in different types of foods. Additionally, this manual food chopper has a removable feeding hopper so you can prepare food only in the container it’s meant to sit in.
It has a durable Tritan construction which makes it crush-resistant and easy to clean. The blades are made of titanium which is both stain-resistant and cuts through food with ease. It is multifunctional and can work with all types of fruits and vegetables.
|Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper: Powerful Manual Handheld Chopper/Mixer/Blender, 950 ml, with 3...||£18.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-01-20 at 05:42 / // Source: AmazonThe Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper is our number one best manual food processor UK. It can chop, blend and puree. It functions by pulling the handle, 5 times for a coarse texture and 10 times for a fine texture.
To achieve its role, Brieftons QuickPull comes with a 950ml bowl with a lid and a pulling cord. The bowl is of plastic material, BPA free. It also comes with a mixer blade and a cutting rotator with three blades. The mixer blade is for mixing and or blending vegetables.
You can use it to chop veggies, fruits, nuts, herbs, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger to mention but a few. This mini food processor is handy when comes to making sauces, salads, hummus, soup and more.
Buying this best manual mini food processor UK gives you access to 3 recipe eBooks and a user guide. The recipe books cover recipes for salad, salsa, and spiral slicer.
- Comes with a big 950ml bowl
- 3 recipe eBooks
- Easy to use and clean
- Can take it for camping where electricity is minimum
- You need to chop the root veggies a bit and halved the onions before adding them to the machine.
- It sometimes leaves big chucks of food un chopped therefore you need to use fork to help it a bit
Verdict: The Brieftons QuickPull is our second choice recommendation because It is multifunctional and can work with all types of fruits and vegetables. The blades are stain-resistant and cuts through food with ease. The blades are stain-resistant and cut through food with ease. It may be not very consistent in cutting. Otherwise, the Brieftons QuickPull Manual Food Chopper is great. It is easy to use, clean and store. It is also compact, cheap and versatile.
3. Best for Grinding Meats – Homeasy Food Processor, Meat Grinder Mini Chopper
The Homeasy Food Processor comes with a 2.5-liter stainless steel bowl that can be used for mixing the food items you want to chop. It has three stainless steel blades in the accessory so that you have more than enough options for making all your dishes.
No products found.The Homeasy Food Processor is our number one best mini food procesor UK for chopping meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts. It features a powerful 350 watts motor that can chop, puree, blend, mince and mix ingredients in seconds.
- It comes with sharp stainless steel blades to make the copping job easy and fast and a large 2 litre, stainless steel , long-lasting, shockproof bowl
- There is also a non-slip mat to keep the Homeasy in place while in action
- Homeasy also has 2 control speed settings-a slow speed for processing meat and a fast speed for vegetables and fruits.
- Comes with a large 2 litre bowls for family use
- It can easily grind meat for making kids burgers, and make nut butter
- You can also use it to help you chop ingredients for juicing
- It struggles grinding hard ingredients such as almonds, mixed fruits , large ingredients and anything that takes ages to grind or chop. Cut your ingredients a bit and soak and dry/dehydrate those that need so before grinding them.
Verdict: The Homeasy mini chopper food processor is built with four stainless steel blades and two-speed modes to select from. It can grind different ingredients, like onions, garlic, meat, and small herbs. It comes with a motor power of 350W, the 4D design enables the lower and upper blades to uniformly chop food from every direction to give you evenly chopped ingredients. It has a sizable 2.5L built with a stainless bowl capacity which is shock-proof and durable. It can be disassembled and the accessories are actually easier to clean. The food processor includes a non-slip mat, you are able to put the bowl on the mat. All these are strong points which make us to recommend this mini chopper which is also suitable for grinding meat and other food preparation tasks. Check out the No products found. on Amazon.
4. Best Small Mini Food Processor – Kenwood Mini Chopper, CH180A
The Kenwood Mini Chopper has two-speed settings and a stainless blade which provide evenly chopped ingredients on a consistent basis. It is dishwasher safe and generally easy to clean because it is easy to take the different parts apart. It comes with a 0.3 L bowl and a safety interlock safety lock to avoid any hazards. It chops ingredients evenly well and smoothly with 2 different user-controlled speed settings using stainless steel blade. For consistently excellent results never fill the bowl more than ¾ full. When filled to the brim it doesn’t cut evenly.
|Kenwood Mini Chopper, 0.35 Litre Dishwasher Safe Bowl, 2 Speeds, Rubber Feet for Food Chopper...||£19.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-01-19 at 13:05 / // Source: AmazonThe Kenwood Mini Chopper is one of the best budget small food processors under £20. It is the number one Amazon mini food processor best seller.
Great for everything chopping; Kenwood comes with quite small, 0.35-litre bowl. It has 2-speed control setting, 300watts motor, and rubber feet. There is also a safety interlock feature at the press of the button. The rubber feet are for making the machine stable while in action.
The bowl is detachable and dishwasher safe.
You can use it to create side sauces, chopping meat and vegetables
- It works well for small soft ingredients such garlic, onions and potatoes
- Dishwasher safe
- Occupies small storage space
- It is very small to even put one large onion on its 0.3 litre bowl. But it is very easy to empty and operate.
- Not good at chopping nuts, hard cheese, and other hard ingredients
- Can’t grind.
- Its plastic bowl is not durable be careful not to drop it on the floor
If you are looking for the best value mini food processor that is cheap but high in quality then try the Kenwood CH180. It is worth it. You get it under 20 pound investment.
Verdict: The Kenwood Mini Chopper may not be suitable for preparing meals for more that 2-3 people because of the small bowl size. However, in case you’re looking for a solution that’s good value for money and is actually excellent at performing small quick tasks, for a small number of people then the Kenwood CH180A Mini Chopper is the best choice for you. Here is the Kenwood Mini Chopper, CH180A on Amazon.
5. Best Mini Food Chopper for Onions – Mini Chopper 600W LINKChef
The LinkChef mini food chopper features a powerful 600 watt 2-speed motor that creates a range of different textures from coarse to fine with 4 blades, it has a pulse button which helps you achieve the desired consistency. The FC-5140 is smartly designed with a blade protection cover to stop accidents, and the bowl also features a pouring spout so you can check how much food you have already processed.
|Mini Chopper 400W LINKChef Mini Food Processor 4 bi-Level Blades, 1.2L Robust Stainless Steel Bowl...||£27.97||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-01-19 at 21:17 / // Source: AmazonThe Mini Chopper 600W LINKChef Mini Food Processor is more less the same as the HomeEasy electric chopper reviewed above, but, this one comes with more power but small bowl when compared to HomeEasy.
- LINKChef Mini Food Processor is powered by by a powerful 600watts motor, making the job of mixing, slicing, chopping and even blending frozen fruits easy
- It comes with a dishwasher safe, stainless steel, 1.2 litre bowl with a see-through lid
- There is also a non-slip mat to keep it stable while in operation
- The machine has 2 speed with one control button. Press gently for soft ingredients such as onions, garlic and fruits and for hard ingredients such as meat, nuts, and carrots, press harder.
- For peace of mind, this best onion mini food processor comes with 3 years warranty.
- Check it out
- 1.2 litre stainless steel bowl with a see-through lid
- Good at grinding meats
- Chops both soft and small cut hard ingredients with ease
- Struggles to puree and process small batches of food
Verdict: With the LinkChef Mini food chopper, there is no need to transfer food into a separate bowl as it comes with a 1.2 liter capacity bowl. The pulse function allows you to achieve your desired consistency as this feature acts like an on/off button. The bowl is made out of stainless steel which is sturdy and durable, it also features a pouring spout so you can easily check how much food you have already processed and it also has a blade protection lid to prevent accidents.
This food chopper comes with a mini stand, it is perfect for small kitchens as it does not take up much space. You can also safely store the unit on the fridge door as there is a handy little storage hook. The bowl and blades are easy to clean, just rinse them in warm water and you’re done. This food chopper comes with a 3-year warranty. Check it here LinkChef Mini food chopper
6. Best Mini Prep Food Processor – Cuisinart Mini Prep
The Cuisinart Mini-Prep Pro Mini has a 1-speed control, and pulse control button to accelerate as well as decelerate as required to get results that are consistent. Its 250W AC Motor along with a high-quality stainless steel dual-sided blade consistently produces evenly chopped ingredients. The two-sided blade is actually sharp on one side for chopping activities and blunt on the reverse side for grinding tasks.
|Cuisinart Mini Prep Pro Mini | Chopper And Food Processor | 900 ml Capacity | Silver | ECH4U||£49.99||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-01-19 at 13:05 / // Source: AmazonThe Cuisinart ECH4U Prep Pro, Mini Chopper & Processor is one of the best mini prep food processors for pureeing. It is lightweight, compact, and small weighing 1.4kg, 900watts and of 16 x 12 x 20 cm dimension. It has a bowl of 600ml compared to 300ml of the best-selling Kenwood mini-chopper. The one reviewed above. Its bowl is of plastic material.
Apart from pureeing, the Cuisinart can also chop and grind ingredients.
While other mini processors come with a 1 to 2-year warrant. This Cuisinart Processor comes with 5-year warranty and a recipe book for peace of mind.
- It has one-speed control setting, 2 blades – a sharp blade for chopping and pureeing; AND a flat blade for grinding chocolate, coffee beans and nuts. Additionally, there is a lid with a hole for adding oil or water. A safety lock feature is also included.
- For pureeing baby or family food; The Cuisinart Mini Food Processor is the best worth buying it. It can also dice and mince, versatile enough with 5 years guarantee on top.
You get it under £50.
- Dishwasher safe
- Good at making hummus, pesto
- 5 years guarantee
- Not good at grinding nuts or meats
- Plastic bowl means can not run it for long time
Verdict. The Cuisinart Mini Prep Pro Mini is a compact, powerful and versatile food processor that produces consistent results. It’s easy to use and clean especially if you are preparing to cook for a small number of people. However, the 0.8 L bowl size often feels a bit small if you are cooking for more people. Here is the Cuisinart Mini Prep Pro Mini Chopper And Food Processor on Amazon.
7. Best for Nuts, Salsa and Curry paste – Wahl Grind & Chop
The Wahl James Martin ZX889 James Martin by Wahl Grind & Chop is a mini chopper with a 0.2 capacity which can handle up 70 grams of food per session. Other features include a grinder attachment for grinding ingredients including meat, herbs and nuts while the chopper has a chrome guard which helps to protect the hand from any splashes. It is compact and only weighs 1.3 kgs, it can fit in any kitchen even small ones. It is quite versatile in that it has the capability to process both wet and dry stuff. Its parts are easily disassembled which makes it effortless to clean. Wahl Grind & Chop is one of the best mini food processors for grinding nuts, making curry paste and salsa. Apart from the nuts it can also process all kinds of wet and dry food such as vegetables, coffee, ginger, and garlic.
The processor comes with the grinder attachment for grinding and chopper for chopping. It features powerful 200 watts motor, stainless steel blades and 2 bowls. The 2 bowls are stainless steel with 70gram capacity (0.33 litre bowl size). They are also detachable.
You use the grinder for dry food like spices or coffee and the chopper for wet food such as vegetables.
- Best mini food processor for nuts and salsa, chutneys, curry paste and puree
- It is good at grinding but not chopping
- While the grinding functionality is the best; the chopper is a hit or miss. You either get too small pieces or too big.
- Not for blending therefor do no add much liquid while grinding or puree
Verdict: Apart from the 0.2 capacity which is not big enough to prepare food to more than 3 people this is a decent mini chopper if it suits your needs. The James Martin Grind and Chop is easy to use, clean and store. It gets the job done for under £30 investment. Good value for money. Here is the Wahl Grind & Chop on Amazon.
8. Best for Soup – Russell Hobbs 24662 Desire
The Russell Hobbs 24662 Desire Mini Chopper, Vegetable and Onion Chopper, 500 ml Capacity Glass Bowl, Matte Black, 200 W has a 500 ml capacity glass bowl with measurement scale, and a 200 W motor. It features an ultra-sharp stainless steel blade that effortlessly slice through vegetables and fruit for speedy chopping. It also has a 500ml capacity glass bowl with measurement scale to maximise process efficiency, as well as a removable wire base for quick cleaning and dishwasher safe blade guard. Russell Hobbs 24662 Desire Mini Chopper is one of the best mini food processors for soups .
- Comes with a one-litre glass bowl with 0.5 litre food capacity
- It has 2 lids, one for covering the bowl while chopping and another one for enhancing easy food storage.
- Apart from the 500ml glass bowl; you also get a spatula, 2 dough hooks and two beaters and a user guide.
- The Russell Hobbs mini chopper itself is stylishly presented in a mixture of black and red colors.
- Like the Ninja, the Russell Hobbs also works at the touch of a button and powered by 200 watts motor.
- You can use it for making baby food, soup mixtures, pizza or bread dough, hummus, salad and even for beating eggs for cake mixtures.
- The bowl, blades, and lids are all dishwashers safe.
- One of the best food processor with glass bowl
- It can chop both soft and hard ingredients with ease
- It is of good size for family use
- Not good at chopping small ingredients such as herbs and garlic
- Great for making soup ingredients but not slicing or dicing ingredients
Verdict: This mini chopper has a glass bowl which makes it easier for you to monitor what is being chopped. It also has a lid which means you can use the bowl as storage if you need to. For best results don’t overfill it because it might struggle to cut some things like garlic. All in all the Russell Hobbs mini chopper is suitable for preparing small quantities of food per time. We recommend it because it is dishwasher safe, it has universal steel blades which can tackle all types of foods and it’s easy to operate thanks to its one-touch operation. Check it out here Russell Hobbs 24662 Desire Mini Chopper, Vegetable and Onion Chopper.
9. Best for Mincing Meat -Food Processor, Homgeek Food Chopper
The Homgeek Mini Chopper has a 350W motor which is above the average of 200 W in most mini choppers. It is equipped with a four-leaf blade, that operates on the force of high-speed rotation. It can grind anything from vegetables for salads, nuts for desserts, frozen fruit or ice cream. It can be used as a mini food processor and mini sausage stuffer as well. It has four rubber feet to prevent from slipping on surfaces and also for a firm grip while operating it. No products found. is one of the best mini food processors for mincing meat, making baby food, and making salads among others. It is powered by 300 watts motor with stainless steel blade that can chop, blend, puree, mix and mix ingredients.
- It comes with a medium-size, 1.8 litre stainless steel bowl with a see-through BPA free, lid. The bowl is dishwasher safe
- It also has a rubber mat to keep it stable while mixing
- This Homgeek mini food processor also has 2 control buttons: one for soft ingredients and another one for hard ones.
- It is easy to use and clean
- Good for mincing meat, chicken
- Compact food processor with glass bowl
- Stainless steel bowl
Not suitable for chopping small amount of foods
Verdict: This is a great mini chopper. It is conveniently easy to use, and very compact. You can store it away easily. It has two speeds and four blades that will do the job of any food processor. The 300W High-Speed Motor ensures that the conductivity and released heat does not affect the food being processed. No products found..
Types of Mini Food Processors
There are two main types of mini choppers: manual and electric ones.
- Manual mini food processors are operated by hand using a string where you pull it to chop, blend and puree the ingredients. They are quite cheap when compared to the electric ones but limited on what they can do, for instance, they can not mincemeat or grind nuts or else it will be a time-consuming task.
- Electric food choppers,on the other hand, use electricity to chop, grind , mince or mix ingredients. They work at the push of the button on the machine. They are bit expensive with a price range of £20 to £50 compared to under £20 for the manual one.
Can a mini food processor puree?
Yes, you can use the mini chopper for puree, making baby food. After cooking your food and let it cool down then you can add it into a chopper and press the button to puree it until you reach a desired output.
You can also use it for puree both vegetables and fruits such as potatoes, broccoli, bananas, apples, berries, peaches or any mixed ingredients.
What Can a Mini Food Processor Do?
You can use a mini food processor for chopping vegetables and fruits, grinding nuts, and mincing boneless meat. You can chop onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, apples, green peppers and more.
- They are quite handy in preparing food for making salads, soup, stews, sauces and dips, and juicing. All those kitchen tasks that need cutting before cooking can be accomplished using the best mini food processor: herbs, cheese, chocolate and more. You can control the size of the chopped ingredients using a built-in button
- You can also use them for making breadcrumbs, baby’s food (mash potatoes), sauces, and dips. Not good for making smoothie though, you need the best blender for anything smoothie
- Since they are small, you need to cut your ingredients a bit before adding them to a mini food processor
Can you use a mini chopper as a food processor?
A mini chopper is a small version of the full-sized food processor. You can use it as a food processor but for processing (chopping, mixing, mincing and grinding) small quantities of food for making salads, sauces, soup, stews and more.
They lack auto pre-set programmes so to operate them you need to keep pressing the button until you achieve a desired food texture. However, they are very quick in what they do and this save you processing time and holding the button for long time will change your food into mash.
Why Should I Buy a Mini Food Processor?
Ever asked yourself why you should buy a mini food processor? Here are the reasons as to why you need one and should buy it if you can:
- Save you time: With our modern world where time is a scarce resource, saving it in one endeavor and use it to accomplish another task is worth it. This is where the best mini choppers come in handy. They cut your onions, carrots, nuts, make breadcrumbs, sauces, and chop both soft and hard vegetables in seconds to help you make stews, salads, and sauces quickly and on time.
- They are affordable – You can get the best mini food processor UK 2022 for less than £20. Most of them are in a price range of 20 and 50 pounds making them an affordable kitchen appliance or a good gift idea for a loved one. This is in comparison to a full-sized food processor that has a price range from 50 to 400 pounds
- They are compact, easy to clean, and use – Mini choppers are small, they fit perfectly in your worktop and storage space even if you have a small kitchen. They are easy to use with just adding ingredients and press a button for it to work
- Have bad knife skills or lack time and patience using pestle and mortar to grind spices and herbs? Let a mini food processor save you a day
- Quite ideal for individual, couples, or one who want to make small batches of food per time
Food Processor or Food Chopper: What’s the Difference?
The difference between a full-size food processor and a food chopper is in the size, blades, tasks, and price
- Food processors are large in size having a bowl size of up to 4 liters, they occupy a big space in your worktop and in a storage area. They include interchangeable blades and disks that allow them to perform multiple tasks like chopping vegetables, shredding chicken, slicing, grating cheese, grinding meat, and kneading cookies or bread dough. Some include other kitchen gadgets such as blender making them the best multi-purpose kitchen appliances for a beginner. If you are into making large batches of food regularly then a full-sized food processor is what you need. You can get the best budget food processor under £100 or an expensive model like the best Magimix food processor for up to 400 pounds
- Food choppers on the other hand are quite small in size having a bowl size of 1 litre and below. They are made to help you make sauces, dips, homemade baby food, salads, and everything chopping small quantities of food. They are compact and small making them easy to store and use even in a small kitchen. Their blades are fixed limiting them to chopping tasks only but other mini choppers include other attachments for grinding, kneading, and blending a small amount of food like one or two onions. You can get one of these gadgets for between 20 and £50 for top models like Ninja and Kitchenaid, there are both mini electric and manual food processors. Quite good if you are on a budget. They are both easy to use and clean compared to the full-sized processor.
- Food processors unlike blenders require little to no liquid to process food.