Best selling blenders under 100:
|1||Tefal Blendforce II Blender, 1.25L Plastic Jug, 600W, 4 Removeable Stainless Steel Blades, 3...||4,111 Reviews||£49.99 £31.63||View deal|
|2||SQ Professional Blitz Superblend Blender and Grinder with 1.5 Litre Jug, 2 Speed Settings plus Pulse...||996 Reviews||£28.99 £19.99||View deal|
|3||Jug Blenders, Uten Smoothie Blender 1.25L, 5-in-1 Multi-Functional Smoothie Maker and Mixer for...||3,028 Reviews||£45.99 £35.31||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 09:02 / // Source: Amazon
1. Best Budget Blender for Ice and Frozen Fruits
|NutriBullet NBLP9 900W Blender Champagne Multi-Function Cold Beverage Smoothie Maker- 2 Cup Sizes...||6,031 Reviews||£87.99||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 20:55 / // Source: AmazonThe NutriBullet 900W Blender is the number one best budget blender UK for ice and frozen fruit. It is made for family use compared to Nutribullet 600 series that is for personal use.
- NutriBullet 900W is powered by a very powerful 900 watts motor that blends whole fruits, and vegetables in seconds. It can also crush ice and frozen fruits with ease.
- It comes with 2 blending cups: a big 909ml and 680ml cup with a flip-top lid for drinking on go and fresh lid for storing it for later
- You get a recipe book with 150 recipes to get you started and one-year standard warranty for peace of mind.
- You can use this NutriBullet blender for making smoothies, milkshakes, and other sports drinks
- It is easy to clean, you simply rinse it on warm water immediately after finishing use it.
- You are advised when blending, don’t run it over 1 minute to reduce overheat
- For personal blenders, check, best mini blenders UK.
- Otherwise, the NutriBullet 900W Blender is a god blender to have, and it is good value for mooney.
Breville Blend Active Personal Blender & Smoothie Maker
|Breville Blend Active Personal Blender & Smoothie Maker | 1 x Portable Blending Bottle (600 ml) |...||62,934 Reviews||£71.99||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 21:35 / // Source: AmazonThe Breville Blend Active Personal Blender & Smoothie Maker is the number one best-selling blender on Amazon. You get it under £50. This blender comes in different colors to choose from Black and gold, blue, green, grey, multi-color and pink. Choose the one that complements your kitchen decor well.
- Breville Blend Active is powered by a 300watts motor that is powerful enough to even crush ice, frozen fruits, and nuts with a one-touch button. For making peanut butter make sure to add some milk or any other liquid
- This personal blender comes with a big, 600ml durable blending bottle with a leak-proof lid. This bottle is BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and odor and taste resistant.
- It also features non-slip feet and inbuilt cold storage. Its feet keep it stable while blending.
- Apart from blending, Breville also comes with a manual citrus juicer for juicing oranges, lemons, grapefruits, and other citrus fruits.
- Blend Active is of 24.5 x 22.7 x 15.4 cm dimensional size. It is lightweight, weighing only 1.52kg, and runs on 220-240v
- You can use it for making smoothies, protein and milkshakes, frozen drinks, baby food, soup, citrus juice, and more.
- Veggies like carrots, onion, and cucumber need to be chopped out first before adding them to a Breville VBL 234
- To add any other ingredients while inaction is not advisable. You need to stop it first and unscrew the lid off.
- Note: Soup needs to be warm or cold before blending it. You can use it for blending the hot soup, bulletproof coffee, and other hot foods
- It is easy to use and clean. You can easily detach its blades and wash it in warm soapy water
- For school, office, or sports use, Breville Blend Active Personal Blender & Smoothie Maker | 1 x Portable Blending Bottle (600 ml) | 300 W | Black & Rose Gold [VBL239] is the best personal blender to have.
2. Best Budget Blender for Green Smoothie
|NINJA QB3001UKMR Nutri 700W Blender & Smoothie Maker-QB3001UKMR-Red, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 700 W,...||360 Reviews||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 09:02 / // Source: AmazonSame as NutriBullet 900W Blender reviewed above, the NINJA QB3001UKMR Nutri 700W Blender and Smoothie Maker is a good cheap blender for smoothie. It can blend whole fruits and vegetables with ease.
- This Nutri Ninja blender is powered by the 700w motor compared to the 900 watts of Nutribullet 900
- Its extractor blades are quite powerful, can crush ice into snow, nuts, seeds, and blend frozen fruits in seconds.
- It comes with 2 medium size Tritan blending cups with open spout lid (470ml each) compared to big 909ml and 680ml of NutriBullet 900
- Its cups are BPA free and dishwasher safe. You can only use them for blending and drinking on go due to its open spout lid. You can, however, choose to buy a closed lid as a separate unit.
- For peace of mind, you get a 1-year warranty
- It is cheaper than the Nutribullet and quite good at making smoothie
3. Best Budget High Power Blender – PerfectMix
|Tefal PerfectMix+ High-Speed Blender, Smoothie Maker, Ice Crush, 2L Glass Jug, 1200W, 4 Removable...||1,572 Reviews||£114.99 £104.92||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 11:52 / // Source: AmazonThe Tefal PerfectMix BL811D40 High-Speed Blender stands from the rest by having pre-set programmes for making smoothies, crushing ice and other hard ingredients and self-cleaning. It also includes a pulse function to give you control over the texture of your smoothie.
- It comes with a very big 2 litres heat resistant glass jug compared to blending cups that come with Nutribullet and Nutri Ninja blenders reviewed above
- Its heat resistant glass jug is suitable for blending hot and cold drinks making it suitable even for making soup and frozen fruits
- Its attachments are dishwasher safe making it easy to clean on demand
- Tefal is powered by 1200 watts powerful motor compared to 900 of Nutribullet or 700 of Nutri Ninja.
- It has a built-in air cooling system for preventing overheating
- With it, you also get a spatula and a measuring cup plus 1 year warranty.
- Take care of your fingers and keep away from kids when dealing with its blades as they are very sharp and its glass jug when filled with ingredients, can be a bit heavy to deal with for people with hands issues
- Otherwise, Tefal PerfectMix BL811D40 High-Speed Blender is the best budget family blender so far.
4. Best Budget Blender for Green Smoothie
|Duronic Electric Blender BL1200 | Stainless-Steel Blades | 1.8 Litre Tritan Jug | Powerful 1200W...||1,638 Reviews||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 09:02 / // Source: AmazonSame as Tefal PerfectMix BL811D40 High-Speed Blender reviewed above, Duronic Electric Blender BL1200 is a heat resistant blender. This means that you can use it for blending both hot and cold drinks.
However, in terms of making hot drinks like soup, Duronic is not that good. It currently has loads of bad customer reviews regarding leakage and breakage. It is, however, good for making cold drinks.
- Duronic comes with big enough, 1.8-litre Tritan, durable, dishwasher safe, and BPA free glass jug.
- Same as Tefal, Duronic blender is also powered by 1200watts motor powerful enough to blend nuts, seed, frozen fruits and fibre fruits and vegetables in seconds
- It has two variable speed control setting: one for ice and another one for everything else. You can increase or decrease blending speed using its speed dial.
- Its jug and blades are dishwasher safe and its glass jug is much lighter than that of Tefal PerfectMix
- Same as Tefal, Duronic Electric Blender BL1200 also has a self-clean mode. You just need to add water and washing liquid and then set auto clean mode.
- You can use this blender for making smoothies, milkshakes, sauces and more
5. Best Budget Blender under £50
The Homgeek Smoothie Blender, Multifunctional Blender is one of the best budget blenders under £50. With 350 watts motor power, this blender can blend both dry and wet ingredients, quite unique compared to other blenders that blend only wet food. It can also crush ice in seconds.
- Homgeek has two blades, flat blade for grinding dry ingredients such as coffee beans and spices and cross blade for smoothies.
- Compared to Nutribullet and Nutri Ninja blenders that come with only 2 cups; Homgeek comes with 4 (500ml tall cup, 200ml shart cup plus two, 400ml bottles) with steamer and stay-fresh resealable lids
- For stability, while blending, Homgeek features non-slip rubber feet to keep it stable
- It has 2-speed control settings and a pulse to keep you in control over the texture of your mixture
- For peace of mind, you get 1-year guarantee.
- To make it last longer, you are advised not to let it run over 1 minute. Run it a few seconds, stop it for a few seconds and then run it until you get a perfectly blended mixture.
- Check out the Blender Black Friday.
What Can You Use a Blender For?
There is a lot of things you can use a blender for: Making smoothies, soups, dips, ice cream mixtures, frozen drinks, baby’s food, sauces, dressings and any other foods that need to be converted from solid into liquid form. For most normal blenders apart from the high-speed powered blenders, you need to add liquid into the dry ingredients for them to work.
Therefore, you can not use a blender for kneading dough, mashing potatoes, grinding meat unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer. This is because this kinds of work requires a food processor to accomplish them to avoid over heating the blender.
How to Use a Cheap Blender to Make a Smoothie?
- First prepare your ingredients: Cut into small pieces those that need to be cut, thaw frozen fruits and veggies if you don’t have a blender for frozen fruits
- Plugin your blender into a power source
- Add ingredients into a blender and put the lid, make sure it is well secured. The blender need not to be more than two third full to allow food expansion. In adding ingredient start with liquid, then dry ingredients, soft ones then frozen ones and ice
- Start blending in low setting to crush the ingredients, then increase the speed as needed
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients down when necessary, and if air bubbles forms, use a spatula to stir the food and then continue blending
- Add some liquid gradually to help loose thick texture and create a smooth smoothies
- Run the blender according to the manufacturer recommended use time to avoid burning it. If smell occurs, stop it and let it cool down for 1 to 2 minutes before running it again.
- After finishing blending and transferring your food to a storage or serving utensil, immediately wash the jar in a warm soapy water and wipe the body with a damp towel. Never soak the base in water to avoid ruining it.
What to Look for in a Budget Blender?
- Noise level: Food blenders are too noisy- If you going to make a big batch of smoothie or soup per time on a regular basis, you better buy a big 1 or 2-litre size blender that will make you make a drink in one go. In less than 3 minutes you will have finished blending Making large batches of food in a small blender means you have to run it several times exposing you to too much unnecessary noise.
- Type: Do you want a hand blender or a full-sized blender?
- Power: Blenders with high wattage generally workhorses, they crush, mix and chop with great results.
- Speed – Blenders mostly have at least two-speed settings. Variable speed settings are preferable because they give you control- you can vary the speed in which the blender mixes. More advanced blenders have pre-set programmes that enable you to perform tasks like making milkshakes, crushing ice, cocktails and desserts
- Easy of cleaning – Look out for blenders that have detachable/removable blades and those that are dishwasher safe. These are usually easy to clean
- Pre-set functionality: Some advanced blenders have inbuilt capability to crush ice to make frozen drinks. Blenders that do not have ice-crushing capability will not work well when used to crush ice- the blades get worn out.
- Non-Slip Feet: These are bases that have suction that make the blender not move an inch when mixing ingredients.
- Cable storage: This is a place to store the plug when not in use to keep everything neat and tidy.
- Prices: Blenders’ prices range from £15 to £800 with the type of blender, materials used, accompanied attachments, the brand, and your personal needs and budget determines the blender you end up buying.
- Best Brands: The best blenders brands in the market today include Ninja, Vitamix, Nutribullet, Breville, and Magimix to mention but are few. Choose the one that meets your needs the most.
Which is your best budget blender so far?
Tina Peters has ten years of testing and reviewing kitchen gadgets. I am a home-trained chef. I like to make cakes, pastries, biscuits, icing, and all kinds of home baking/cooking. As someone who likes trying out new kitchen gadgets to up my cooking skills. Over the past ten years, I often find myself buying gadgets like stand mixers, food processors, mini choppers, air fryers, blenders, and all kinds of kitchen appliances. Getting value for your money whenever you purchase an item requires adequate research and testing. So I decided to collate most of the information I have gathered over ten years of using and researching different kitchen gadgets into coxonskitchen.co.uk.
Table of Contents