Looking for the Best Blender for Frozen Fruit UK 2022? Here are our reviews of the top 5 high-end frozen fruits blenders with ice crusher mode. For the cheap ones, check our best budget blender UK 2022 under £100.
Best Blender for Frozen Fruit UK 2022
1. Magimix 11610 Le Blender
Magimix 11610 Le Blender is the best blender for hard raw vegetables and fruits such as courgettes, carrots, beets and frozen fruits.
When compared to other blenders that are quite noisy in action, Magimix is fairly quiet but a bit noisy too at the highest speed.
- It comes with a 1.8 litre BPA free, heat resistant glass jar with a watertight lid and pouring lip that makes it easy to use
- It has 4 pre-set programmes for smoothie, soup, frozen fruits and for crushing ice powered by 1200 watts motor
- It has variable control settings to give you control over the texture of your food.
- Like other blenders reviewed in this article, Magimix also has an auto-clean mode where you simply add water and soup and press button to clean in less than a minute
- You get a 80 plus recipe book to get you started and 3 years warranty
- Under £200, this blender is worth its price
Check the Magimix 11610 Le Blender, Black Finish.
2. Optimum 9200 9200 Domestic and Commercial Blender
Optimum 9200 9200 Domestic and Commercial Blender is one of the best powerful frozen fruit blenders with ice crusher.
You can use it not only for making smoothies but also for making dips, spreads, cocktails, ice cream, slushes, peanut butter, hot soup (in 10 minutes from scratch), salsa and for crushing ice in seconds. It can blend even hardest fruits and vegetables such as beans into the smooth texture in seconds.
It can blend whole, unpeeled and uncut fruits and vegetables in seconds for creating healthy smooth smoothies.
- Optimum 9200 9200 comes with 2 litre BPA free, heat resistant glass jug, big enough for making large batches of food
- It features 6 pcs stainless steel blades plus heavy-duty tamper tool for perfect mixing and food processing
- It has a pre-set program for making a smoothie plus 3-speed control settings with a pulse to give you more control over your food preparation
- Its angled blades blend even thickest ingredients such as nuts while preventing it from sticking in the bottom
- Optimum blender uses carbon brush motor that does not overheat easily when compared with other blenders on the market today that heat up quickly
- Like Magimix blender reviewed above, Optimum is also quiet in action making it perfect for restaurant and home use. It also has a sound cover that reduces noisy while blending.
3. Tefal BL82AD40 PerfectMix+ Tritan Blender – Best blender for ice and frozen fruit UK
- It comes with 2 litre, Tritan, a breakproof jug that is also stain and odour resistant. This 2-litre jar has 1.7-litre working capacity, big enough for making big batches of food.
- It has 3 pre-set programmes for making smoothies, crushing ice and self-clean. To clean it, you need to add water and washing liquid then press the auto clean button.
- It also has variable control setting and pulse for chopping nuts and making breadcrumbs
- It has a built-in air cool system that prevents it from overheating
- Its stainless steel body has four suction feet for keeping it stable while blending
- The blades are coated using ultra-hard titanium to make them last longer than normal blades. They use Powerlix life blade technology that makes them blend 30% faster than normal blenders.
- Under 100, Tefal BL82AD40 PerfectMix+ Tritan Blender is worth buying it.
4. Homgeek 2000W Blender Smoothie Maker – Best Budget
The is currently our number one best blender for frozen fruit UK 2022.
It is a very powerful, high-speed blender that can make a smoothie in seconds using the toughest ingredients such as nuts, frozen fruits, ice, fibrous fruits and vegetables, It can also blend thick ingredients like ice cream mixtures, salsa, hummus, and dips.
- It comes with a 2 litre durable, Tritan (breakproof), BPA free jug perfect for making large batches of food
- It has 8 variable speed control with pulse button to keep you in control of the food texture
- It has also 4 pre-set programmes for crushing ice, blending and grinding
- Its 8 pieces stainless steel blade is powerful to even grind nuts, grate cheese and make bread crumbs
- Its jar is dishwasher safe
- Like Ninja blender reviewed below, Homgeek also has an auto-clean function where you add water and washing liquid on its jar and blend for a few seconds, less than a minute
- You are advised not to run this blender over 10 minutes to reduce overheat
- For peace of mind, you get a one-year manufacturer warranty
Check the .
5.Ninja Blender and Soup Maker [HB150UK] Black
Ninja Blender and Soup Maker is a 2 in 1 blender that can make not only smoothie with ice and frozen fruits but also soups, sauces, chutney, jam, chocolate fondue and drinks, ice-cold milkshakes, and more. It can blend both cold and hot ingredients in minutes.
- It comes with a 1.7-litre non-sticky glass jug with a splash-free lid and built-in measuring cup.
- Its glass jug is heat resistant. You can use it for sauteing onions and spices and cook ingredients for up to 20 minutes before blending them
- It has 10 pre-set programmes for chopping, heating ingredients, blending and cooking
- It also includes self auto-clean function whereby you simply add water and press the button to start washing. You are also provided with a cleaning brush fr deep cleaning.
- Like many other blenders, this blender is also a bit noisy but the best in what it does
Check the Ninja Blender and Soup Maker.
Frozen vs Fresh Fruits
Frozen fruits like fresh ones are types of healthy foods that you can eat. They are full of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that help the body fight against diseases such as heart disease.
- Harvest time: Fresh fruits are harvested before they are ripe versus frozen ones that are picked at peak ripeness. Picking fruits before they are ripe helps to transport them to their destination while still fresh. But, this means that they have not yet developed yet to maturity with a full range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This is compared to frozen fruits that are picked at the full maturity stage, washed, treated, and fast frozen within hours of harvest.
- Fruits consist of a high percentage of water. When picked they start losing moisture and nutrients. At the time fresh produce has reached the market, most of them have lost a high percentage of nutrients such as vitamin c. This is equivalent to the soft frozen fruits while they are frozen within hours of harvest, the freezing causes them to lose nutrients too especially when they are stored for a prolonged period of time (Check this study to learn more, http://bfff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Leatherhead-Chester-Antioxidant-Reports-2013.pdf). Soft frozen fruits are sensitive to ice crystals as they damage their cells leading them to be mashy . To help prevent this loss of nutrients, both fresh and frozen fruits are packaged under a nitrogen atmosphere.
- And while the best fruits to eat or use for smoothies or juices are the ones produced in your own garden or bought from the farmers’ market picked ar the ripe time and used within 2 to 3 days. However, when comes to supermarkets fresh fruits versus frozen one, they are more equal in terms of nutrients.
- Notice this when making smoothies: Frozen fruits have less water content but high sugar compared to the fresh ones. This is because as the fruits lose their water content which start occurring immediately after picking them their sugar concentrate increase. Therefore, test your smoothie before adding extra sugar.
Is frozen fruit good for you?
Frozen fruits like the fresh ones have high nutrients but low calories and this is what makes they healthy. They contains minerals, vitamins, fibres and antioxidants that helps the body system function well and fight diseases. Some contains low amount of sugar such as cranberries and blackberries while others such as mangoes and jackfruits contains high amount of natural made sugar.
- For peace of mind, fruits in general like vegetables do not require any added preservatives before freezing them. Always read a label to see that there is no added sugar or sweetners
- You can use these fruits not only for smoothies but also as important ingredients for making fruit bread, ice cream, fruit slush, pancakes, healthy gelatin, freezer pops, oatmeal, and topping cereals.
What do you blend frozen fruit with?
In order to blend frozen fruit safely, you first need the best smoothie blender for frozen fruit as reviewed in this article. These are specifically made to handle tough ingredients such as frozen fruits, nuts, ice and hard vegetables. For the blender to work effortlessly, you need to add some liquids too such as juice, yoghurt or milk. With these blenders, you do not need to defrost the fruits or thaw them first before blending. Only defrost or thaw your fruits if you are using a normal blender.
Tips for Buying the Best Frozen Fruits for Smoothie
- Choose the ones without added sugar or sweeteners.
- Make sure they are hard and you can feel each packed fruit separately versus mushy, soft, wet, or solid block
- There should be no signs of ice crystals or staining as this indicates that the fruits were defrosted and refreeze
- When storing in your own freezer, make sure to keep them at the back of the freezer to prevent thawing them due to constant opening and closing the freezer which exposes them to room temperature.
- And when you want to use the frozen fruits for other uses apart from making the smoothie, thaw them first by putting them in your countertop or microwave for few minutes
- In case you want to freeze your own fruits, make sure to wash them, cut them into small pieces, pat dry them with a kitchen towel, and then keep them in a storage bag. Make sure to squeeze the air out of the bag as much as possible.; because air and moisture are key enemies of the freezing produce causing them to lose nutrients. You can freeze strawberries, cranberries, bananas, kiwi, apples, mangoes, pineapple, plums, peaches, citrus, and more. But can not freeze watermelon due to its high water content. For freezing large batches of apples, you need to peel and soak them first in saltwater solution while preparing them. This will stop browning as you store them.
Which is your Best Blender for Frozen Fruit UK 2022 so far?
Check the Black Friday Blender UK Deals 2022 .