Here are our best juicers UK 2019 based on detailed research and customer reviews: If you want a clear drink; juicer is the way to go.
1. Sage by Heston Blumenthal- The #1 Best Juicer UK 2019
The Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro, 1500 Watt is one of the best fast juicers that have quite a larger feeding tube that allow you to juice most fruits and vegetables without chopping them first.
This juicer does both peeling and juicing . What a time saving feature!
It has 5 variable speed control settings to help you take control of the juicing speed for both hard and soft ingredients.
In addition to the variable setting; the juicer comes with 2 hard discs:
- A soft fruit disc for mashing soft fruits like berries and bananas to be mixed with the juice to make a smoothie and
- A hard disc with cutting blades great for juicing hard vegetables and fruits
You are advised to wash your juicer immediately after finishing juicing. It is easier and faster and the best part is that you are provided with a cleaning brush.
This Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro is great for a big family.
- You need to read the instruction manual careful to know which speed is suitable for which fruit or veg
- Not recommended for juicing wheatgrass. If you want to juice wheat grass go for a slow juicer
- Its parts are not dishwasher safe as most of them are plastic made.
- Not great for small kitchens as it occupies much space compared to the Philips Viva.
Check this Sage juicer on Amazon
2. Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection – Best Philips Juicer UK 2019
The Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt â Black is one of the best centrifugal juicers that is quite small and compact compared to many other juicer machines. This makes it a great juicing machine for small kitchens.
- Despite being small this juicer is capable of making up to 1.5 litre juice in one go.
- The extracted pulp comes out fairly dry and goes into its own container making it easy to empty and clean the machine and its parts after juicing. And the best part is that all its detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- The pulp container and the lid are transparent helping you to monitor when to add ingredients or when to empty the pulp container.
- It has a âdrip stop sproutâ preventing juice from dripping down while juicing however customer claimed that after finishing juicing make sure to put a cup to collect some left over as the juicer tend to drip a lot.
- You can use your own glass to collect the juice if you want to instead of using a provided jug.
- The juicer is made of smooth surfaces that make it quite easy to clean and this is one of its main strength.
- For peace of mind the HR1832/01 comes with 2 years guarantee
- Its feeding tube is a bit small; you have to remove the seeds and chop the fruits before adding them to the machine.
- Great for couples or personal use but not for a family use. If you have a family better get a bigger size
All in all, the Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer is a good juicing machine that is quite easy to assemble, use and clean.
Check this best selling Philips juicer on Amazon
3. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer – Best Slow Juicer UK 2019
The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer is one of the best slow juicers that is very cheap but performs real well. It is easy to assemble, use and clean. And above all it is quiet while in operation compared to many other juicers.
- It is compact; does not take much space and hence great for small kitchens.
- Same as other cold press juicers; this machine also produces a dry pulp and gives more juice compared to the fast machines.
- It comes with brush to properly clean the machine detachable parts. It is advised to clean them immediately after finishing juicing.
- It has a reverse switch for preventing clogging. You just need to press the button when necessary.
- The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer is quite good for price it is going in addition to its overall performance.
- It can be used to juice wheatgrass, ginger, kale, apples, carrots, oranges, mainly both soft and hard fruits and veggies
- The machine comes with 2 year warranty.
You have to cut the hard fruits and veggies into small pieces before adding them to the juicer machine.
Here is the Aicok juicer on Amazon
4. Panasonic MJ-L500SXC – Best Masticating Juicer UK 2019
The Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer as the name goes is one of the best masticating juicers that makes juices by slowly mashing the ingredientsâ, then squeezing the mixture separating the juice from the pulp.
The pulp produced is very dry, can be used to make other food or just bin it.
- The Panasonic features stainless steel screw for pressing and crushing ingredients to produce high quality taste drinks compared to the centrifugal juicers.
- It has 2 containers; one for collecting juice and the other one for collecting the pulp.
- Its juicer outlet has a âdrip stop sproutâ for preventing dripping.
- Its juice collection jug has a measure to help you know how much juice have you made.
- The machine comes with the frozen attachment for juicing frozen fruits and
- The MJ-L500SXC also comes with a cleaning brush and an easy to follow instruction manual.
- You can use it to juice both fruits and vegetables.
Like other slow speed juicers; the feeding chute of this machine is fairly small, takes time to feed the juicer and
Have to cut the fruits and remove the seeds before adding them to the juicer
In summary, the Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer is stylish, slim, and compact, producing high quality juice. It is real worth buying it. It is easy to use, clean and store.
Here is this Panasonic juicer on Amazon
5. Duronic JE6SR Silver 100W Powerful Citrus Press Juicer
The Duronic JE6SR Silver 100W Powerful Citrus Press Juicer is one of the best citrus juicers that are very cheap and quite handy in making citrus juice (orange, lemon, grapefruits).
The juicer has 2 interchangeable cones: a large one for large fruits like oranges and a small one for small fruits like limes.
The machine also has an on and off switch that switch itself automatically: âonâ when the fruit is pressed down and âoffâ when you remove the fruit from the cone.
To make juice from this machine; you just need to press the halved fruit into the juicer cone. This will make the duronic juicer to start rotating automatically extracting juice from the fruit.
The machine comes with a dust cover for protecting cones from germs. This cover can also be used for holding and pushing the fruits into the machine.
The JE6SR juicer also comes with an easy to follow user manual and a 2 year warranty for peace of mind.
Its detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Great for a single person squeezing one or two oranges per time. Not suitable for large quantities or family.
- Not to be used for more than 2 minutes at a time. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes between usages.
- Not suitable for juicing vegetables.
If all you need is just to be able to create homemade citrus juice, then the Duronic silver je6sr citrus juicer is worth the investment. It is very cheap and performs real well. It is easy to use and clean.
Check this top rated Duronic juicer on Amazon
What to Look For When Buying the Best Juicer 2019!
Juicing is the thing now days. It is very popular.
When buying a juicer try to put the following criteria into consideration; they will save you time and stress in the near future.
A: Your Needs
Why do you want a juicer, what are you going to use it for? And how much are you prepared to spend to get the kind of juicer youâre looking for.
If you have the answers to these 3 main questions; then you are on the right track to getting the best juicer that fits your needs.
B: Types of Juicers
There are 3 main types of Juicer Machines
#1: Centrifugal Juicers also known as Fast Juicers
They are cheap and quite popular in the market today. They produce juice very fast by separating juice from the pulp. However, in the process of producing juice; they leave a bit wet fibres which results into getting less juice compared to the juice produced by the masticating juicing machines using the same ingredients
- Hard stuff like apples works very well with centrifugal.
- Easy to clean and setup but quite too noisy compared to the slow juicers.
- Not good at juicing soft fruits like berries, greens and wheatgrass.
#2: Cold Press Juicers also known as Masticating Juicers or Slow Juicers
They push ingredients into a small area causing them to mash, producing more quality juice and more juice than the centrifugal juicers but very slow in action. They also produce much dry fibres than centrifugal hence less waste.
Slow juicers are very expensive compared to the centrifugal juicers; they can be used to juice vegetables, fruits, wheatgrass and leaf greens.
Some of them are flexible, and hence can be use to perform other tasks like making ice cream, butter nut, pasta and gridding coffee.
They come with long warranties for peace of mind, and to justify the initial investment.
These masticating juicers take time to clean as they come with so many detachable parts. Cleaning the parts immediately after finishing juicing is the best and quicker way to go. Do not leave them until the pulp have dried as it will cost you more time to scrub them hence wasting more time in the process.
These are juicers for specific needs e.g. orange or lemon juicer, carrot juicer, wheatgrass juicer and so forth. They are too small, quite cheap compared to the centrifugal and very specific in what they do.
Juicers prices ranges from Â£15 to more than Â£250 with pricier ones claimed to offer more value for money than the cheapest ones.
However you can get the best juicer at cheap price basing on what you want to use the juicer for.
Whether you decide to buy the centrifugal or masticating or citrus juicer; it is all boils down to how much you want to spend.
D: Dishwasher Safe
If you are not keen into manual cleaning your juicer; consider buying the one in which its parts are dishwasher safe. However just rinsing your juicer jug and its parts individually on running water is a quick way to go.
Some juicers include cleaning brushes for scrubbing the attachments.
E: Foam Separator
Do you want a juice clear of foam? Then choose a juice with a jug that includes a foam separator. A form separator is just a plastic attachment that holds back any form when pouring out the juice.
F: Feeding Chute
Do you want to save more time pre chopping fruits and vegetables? Then buy a juicer that has extra large feeding tube whereby you can just feed the machine without chopping your fruits and vegetables first. Do not forget to read the instruction manual first as other machines requires you to peel or chop the fruits and veg first adding them into the machine despite the size of the feeding tube.
G: Non- slip feet
For stability purpose, preventing the machine from moving around while juicing; most of the juicers have non-slip feet.
The best juicer offers either speed options: slow speed for soft ingredients and high speed for hard ingredients or soft fruit disc.
I: Citrus Press
To make lemon or orange juices consider buying a juicer machine with a citrus press attachment.
Blenders vs. Juicers
Blender or Juicer, which is better? Blenders give you most of your fruits and vegetables by crushing all of the ingredients together without remove the pulp to make a smoothie when compared to juicers that takes the pulp away from the juice.
But if you just want a clear drink; juicer is the way to go
So what is a juicer? A juicer is a kitchen appliance used for extracting juice from fruits and vegetable by simply crushing the ingredients, squeezing them, then separating them from the pulp to give you a clear drink.
The juicer is a bit different from a blender in which while the juicer separates the juice from the pulp; the blender mix them together (juice and pulp) to make a smoothie.
Types of Juicers
There are three types of juicers namely:
Centrifugal juicers also called fast juicers
The centrifugal juicers are a type of juicing machines that process ingredients very fast by crushing them then spin them at a high speed separating juice from the pulp.
These machines are quite popular in the market today and very cheap in price compared to the slow juicers.
In process of producing juice at high speed you end up get less juice compared to the one produced by the slow juicers. These juicing machines produces more pulp which is a bit wet as well.
And because of high extraction speed, friction and heat occurs in the process causing oxidation to take place which degrade the taste and quality of the juice if stored for long. The way out is to drink your juice immediately after finishing juicing it. This will help you get most of the nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that are good for your general health.
The centrifugal juicers also are not good at juicing soft fruits, greens and wheatgrass.
Apart from these few limitations; the fast machine are still great; they produce juice very quickly, they are quite cheap, some of the models allow you to add the fruits without chopping them first hence saving you more time to do other things.
Masticating also called Slow Juicers
The Masticating also referred to as slow juicers are just an opposite of the centrifugal juicers. They produce juice very slowly.
The slow processing results into less oxidation as there is less to no heat involved in the process meaning that you get high quality juice that you can even store it for one to two days without it losing its nutrients and vitamins necessary for body functioning.
The masticating juicing machines however, are quite expensive compared to the fast juicers; you can get the best one for at least Â£250 while you can get the centrifugal for Â£100 or less. However in the long run the slow juicers are worth it, they yield more juice, some come with lengthy warranty for peace of mind, easy to use and clean. They are also great for processing wheatgrass and soft fruits like berries compared to the centrifugal.
Fruit Specific Juicers
Fruit Specific Juicers (e.g. citrus, wheatgrass)- these are type of juicing machines that are design for a specific purpose for instance juicers for processing citrus fruits (oranges, lemon, grapefruits) or wheatgrass.
These juicing machines are quite cheap and very effective in what they do but most of them are just only for personal use. You can get one for as little as Â£20 to Â£50 price range.
The best juicers UK 2019 brands include Kenwood, Sage, Bosch and Philips to mention but a few offering a great range of juicers ranging from personal juicers to family juicers.
Some of their machines come with a transparent container with a scale to help monitor the amount of juice produced. You also get cups for storage or drinking on a go.
Other add-ons include cleaning brush for helping cleaning juicers parts, a recipe book to get you started in no time, pre-programmed functions to give you a quick and easy start, a pulse function and much more.
|1.||Juicer, Slow Masticating Juice Extractor|
|2.||Juicer Centrifugal Juicer, Aicook 600W Wide Mouth|
|3.||Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer|
For current on going blender deals, check it here.