Best Citrus Juicer UK: A citrus juicer is a small kitchen appliance for extracting juice from citrus fruits such as clementine, oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits. It is commonly made of acidic-resistant materials such as plastic, aluminum, and glass material. Acidic-resistant material protects the machine from erosion. Citrus juicing machines consist of a conical-shaped reamer (made of metal, wood, or plastic material) with a smooth spike at the end and a pusher on top. You place half a fruit on a spike and press it with a pusher on to extract the juice.
Best selling citrus juicers:
|1||Braun CJ3000 Electric Citrus Press, 350 ml bowl with scale, adjustable pulp control, automatic...||17,065 Reviews||£28.99 £24.00||View deal|
|2||Princess Citrus Juicer Champion – Professional Orange and Lemon Squeezer – Stainless Steel –...||4,866 Reviews||£44.99||View deal|
|3||Electric Citrus Juicer 1.2L Large Volume - Orange Juicer with powerful motor and LED working lamp -...||5,840 Reviews||£32.99 £21.99||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 10:02 / // Source: Amazon
1. Sage 800CPUK the Citrus Press Pro Citrus Juicer
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 21:35 / // Source: AmazonThe Sage 800CPUK the Citrus Press Pro citrus juicer is our number one, overall, best citrus juicer UK 2022 (18x 45×20 cm size). It has a unique quadra-fin shaped cone that makes it possible to juice from very small fruits such as limes to the very big ones such as oranges, lemons and grapefruits.
- Its juice reamer is of acid-resistant, stainless steel material
- This Sage juicer also has a stainless steel filter that you can use it in case you do not want bits in your juice
- It has an ergonomically-designed arm that acts as a pusher. You use it for pushing the fruit which then activates the machine to work
- The moment you place the half-cut fruit on a cone and push it using the arm, activates the machine to start juicing automatically
- The machine also has a tilting drip lip that prevents the machine from messing up your worktop.
- The Sage citrus press pro is easy to wash as its juicing parts are dishwasher safe and you can also wash them easily on a running tap
- No doubt, this Sage juicer is the best oranges, grapefruits, limes, and overall best lemon squeezer UK.
Check this Sage 800CPUK the Citrus Press Pro.
2. Duronic Citrus Fruit Juicer JE6SR
|Duronic Electric Citrus Juicer JE6SR Fruit Juice Press Extractor 100W Motor Silver and...||1,496 Reviews||£31.99||View deal|
Last update on 2023-12-04 at 10:14 / // Source: AmazonThe Duronic Citrus Fruit Juicer JE6SR is one of the best small electric citrus juicers UK (25x25x41cm in size). It can juice oranges, lemons, grapefruits, clementines, tangerines, limes, and more to give you a healthy homemade juice.
- It has two cones: a small and big one to cater to all your juicing needs. After use and clean up, you can store these cones on top of each other to save you storage space.
- Duronic JE6SR has a dust protector to protect the cones from accumulating dust and bacteria. You can also use this cover as a pusher to help push ingredients into the machine
- This juicer machine parts are all dishwasher safe and easy to assemble and disassemble
- There is onboard cord storage space underneath the machine
- This Duronic juicer is powered by a powerful 100 watts motor. The machine works by placing a half-cut fruit on a cone and push it with your hand or a pusher. The pushing activates the Duronic to start juicing automatically without the need
3. Braun J300WH Spin Citrus Juicer
The Braun J300WH Spin citrus Juicer is one of the best electric citrus juicers UK. It can juice not only citrus fruits but all also ginger, beets, leafy green, celery, and more, just remember to read user manual provided before start juicing.Braun J300WH Spin Juicer extractor for whole fruit, citrus & vegetables 800 Watt, 2 speeds, anti splash spout, dishwasher safe parts- White
- Its juicing parts are of plastic materials and are few, easy to clean and they are all dishwasher safe.
- It has a large 75mm feeding tube that can consume the whole fruit without a need to cut it into small pieces. However, it is always a good idea to remove hard seeds and inedible skin.
- Like most electric citrus juicers, this Braun juicer has 2-speed settings, one for soft fruits and vegetables and another one for hard ingredients. You get a bit of wet pulp when juicing soft ingredients when compared to the hard ones.
- With it, it takes about 15 seconds to make a full glass of juice, quite fast and a good one if you are in a hurry.
- It comes with a UK 3 pin Plug so no any hidden extra cost with this Braun juicer and powered a powerful 800 watts motor
- You are advised not to use it to process starchy fruits such as bananas to avoid clogging the machine.
Check the Braun J300WH Spin Juicer on Amazon.
4. In 5 Colors Fruit Citrus Juicer
The in 5 Colors Fruit citrus juicer is a small, handheld, compact (16.4 X 14 X 11.4cm), best manual citrus juicer UK. You can use it for juicing oranges, lemons, limes and even grapefruits.in 5 Colors Manual Fruit JUICER Hand Press Juice JUG Citrus Lemon Lime Orange Squeezer
- This citrus press comes with a large 600ml transparent container with a lid and measurement to show you how much juice you collected
- It gives you a clear juice without seed on it as the seeds stay on top reamer while juice gets filtered into a collection jug
- It is easy to use, clean and store. On how to use it, you just put a half-cut fruit on the top of the reamer, press it down and rotate to juice it.
- You can either wash it manually in a running tap or in a dishwasher
- You get this best hand citrus juicer under £10 and choose either a blue one, pink, yellow, red or purple one.
Check this amazon link=”B072BS5MJ7″ title=”in 5 Colors Fruit JUICER Hand Press Juice JUG Citrus Lemon Lime Orange Squeezer”].
5. G.a HOMEFAVOR 4 in 1 Manual Citrus Juicer
G.a HOMEFAVOR Lemon Orange Citrus Squeezer, Manual Lemon Orange Citrus Lime Juicer, Multifunctional Orange Lemon Lime Press with 2 Reamers & Measuring ContainerThe G.a HOMEFAVOR 4 in 1 Manual Citrus Juicer is our number one best manual orange juicer. You can use it for not only squeezing citrus but also grating garlic, cheese, ginger and potatoes. Additionally, you can use it also for separating egg york and white.
With all these functionalities, you get it under £10, good value for money.
- As many other citrus juicers, Ga also comes with 2 reamers, a small one for limes and lemons and a big one for big fruits such as oranges and grapefruits.
- This best manual juicer UK has non slip ring at the bottom to keep it stable while in action
- Its parts are also dishwasher safeand even easy to clean in a running tap
Check this G.a HOMEFAVOR Lemon Orange Citrus Squeezer
6. Sfeomi Commercial Manual Fruit Juicer
The Sfeomi Commercial Manual Fruit Juicer is our number one best commercial citrus juicer UK. It is the best commercial orange juicer machine for restaurant and home use too. You get it under £50 and use it for juicing big fruits with juice such as oranges, grapefruits and pomegranate.
- It is 27.5cm tall and comes in black, red, orange and grey colour options to choose from
- Sfeomi is built-up of long-lasting cast iron material and its reamers are also built up of stainless steel iron making it a long-lasting gadget to have
- It has a strainer that filters juice away from the pulp giving a ready to drink smooth homemade juice
- This compact commercial juicer has a strong rubberized handle that acts as a pusher and, also has suction feet that keep it stable while in action.
- Like other citrus juicers, to make this commercial-grade juicer to work, you just need to cut the fruit in half and place it in a reamer and press the handle
- The machine is easy to clean as its juicing parts are easily detachable and dishwasher safe
Check this on Amazon.
7. Philips HR2744/41 Viva Collection Citrus Press JuicerPhilips HR2744/41 Viva Collection Citrus Press, 0.6 Litre, 25 Watt - White
The Philips HR2744/41 Viva Collection Citrus Press Juicer is one of the best selling small, compact electric citrus juicers under £30. What makes it stand out from the rest is its adjustable pulp selector that allows you to have a pulpy or smooth juice.
- This Philips juicer comes with a large 600ml plastic juice container, good enough to fill 2 glasses
- Philips same as Smeg Citrus juicer has a built-in cord storage space at the bottom to
- All its juicing parts are easy to wash by hand and are all dishwasher safe
- You can use it for juicing oranges, grapefruits, limes and lemons
- With it you get a user guide and one year warranty.
Check the Philips HR2744/41 Viva Collection Citrus Press on Amazon.
8. Aicok Orange Juicer Citrus Juicer
The Aicok Orange Juicer citrus juicer is our number one best orange juicer UK. What makes it stand out from the rest is its stainless steel body and reamer compared to most citrus juicers that are of plastic materials.
- It comes with 2 squeezing cones, a small one for small fruits such as limes and the big one for big fruits such as oranges and grapefruits.
- It works by placing a half-cut fruit on top of the cone and press it with its handle press. The moment you press, the reamer starts to rotate in different direction automatically juicing your fruit
- This Aicok orange juicer machine is powered by a powerful 160 watts motor. However, it a bit loud like most juicers when in action. If you can live with this, and take its durable, stainless steel strength, then this machine is a good value citrus juicer under £50 to have.
- It has a filter that separates the juice from the pulp to give you smooth citrus juice. There is also the anti-drip system that prevents Aicok from messing up your worktop
- It has a few parts that are easy to assemble and disassemble. You can simply clean them under a tap in a few seconds.
- For stability, this juicing machine has non-slip rubber feet that prevent it from slipping
- And for peace of mind, you get 2 years warranty and 30-day return in case you are not pleased with it.
Check the .
Citrus Juicers Machine – Buying Guide
You do not need a big centrifugal or masticating juicer to just juice one or two lemons, oranges, limes or grapefruits. That is where the citrus juicing machine comes in. It offers a quick way of making personal and family homemade juice that is free from additives, added sugar and sweeteners but full of vitamin C.Ha
The vitamin C is important for helping you maintain healthy skin, bones, cartilage and blood vessels. It helps to keep your heart health and your blood pressure in control. It also helps your body to absorb iron and boosts its immune system.
Compared to masticating juicers where you need to peel and cut fruits into small pieces and sometimes clog the machine while in action; the citrus are the best and time saving little gadgets.
Types of Citrus Juicing Machines
There are two types of citrus juicers: manual also called hand citrus juicers, squeezers or citrus press, and electric citrus juicers. They are both good value for money. The difference is the manual citrus juicer is too involving and needs you to use your muscles to push and rotate the machine, quite an issue if you have handy problems.
The manual citrus juicers are good though for squeezing one or two fruits per time, also good and safe for kids to use too. With them no noisy or loud voice to scare the neighbour or interfere with the ongoing conversation.
But if you want to make big batches of homemade lemon or orange juice, the electric citrus juicer is the best option to go for. They save you time as they squeeze fruits very quickly and offer more yields compared to squeezing by hand. They also have sections that separate the juice from its pulp and seeds.
You can mix juices together to give you the desired taste, for example, lemons with tangerines or clementines with oranges and more.
How to Make Juice with an Electric Citrus Juicer?
- Cut the fruit into half using a knife
- Place the fruit into a machine reamer
- Use the pusher to press the fruit on a reamer, this action will activate the machine to start juicing automatically.
- The machine breaks both the juice and the flesh. Some juicers have a filter to take the bits out while others need you to have a strainer
Citrus vs Centrifugal vs Masticating Juicer
There is a big difference between these three types of juicers. A citrus juicer is designed for juicing only citrus fruits manually or automatically. It handles half a fruit per time making it the best juicer for juicing one or two fruits or a few more. Centrifugal juicers juice a large number of fruits very fast and can juice a variety of fruits rather than citrus only. It is good for those who want fast juice on spot as storing it for more than a day makes it go bad. Masticating juicers, on the other hand, are the opposite of centrifugal juicing machines, they juice juices very slowly and so are called slow juicers. With slow-motion, you get a lot of juice that can stay fresh up to 3 days long. You can get a citrus juicing machine for under 50 pounds, centrifugal for under 100 pounds, and masticating for 80 to 400 pounds.
What to Look for in Buying a Citrus Juicer?
- Uses – Do you want it for juicing lemons and limes for cooking? Then a simple manual hand citrus juicer is good enough. But, if you want to juice large batches of citrus juice then the electric citrus juicer is all you need. There are those made for home use and others for commercial use. Choose the one that depends on your needs
- Budget: What is your budget? 10 pounds, 20, 50, 100, or 200? You can get the best juicer on all these price ranges but what you can do with it and its limitations depends on what you end up buying whether it meets your needs or not. Probably waiting during Black Friday or Amazon Prime Day can give you more value for money. This is more important especially if you are looking to buy an expensive one.
Citrus fruit such as tangerine, oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, clementines, mandarins, and pomelos also called sour fruit is a kind of fruit with a high source of vitamin C and a good amount of potassium and folate. Vitamin C also called ascorbic acid is an important vitamin for healing wounds, helps the body to absorb iron easily, improves one’s immune system, and good for the maintenance of good teeth and bones. It is also a great antioxidant that helps to reduce the risk of some diseases such as heart disease by protecting the body from free radicals that occur when the body breaks down the food.
Potassium helps in the functioning and balancing of muscles, nerves, and body fluids reduce water retention and blood pressure. While folate which is one of the vitamins B helps in the formation of white and red blood cells, DNA and RNA and converting carbohydrates into energy. It is quite important during pregnancy, infancy, and other periods of high growth such as adolescence.
You can eat citrus fruits while fresh or make a juice such as a limeade or lemonade or preserve them in marmalades and pickles. They have a sharp flavor and of great fragrance due to limonoids and flavonoids. You can also use them for dressing salads or squeeze on cooked meat, fried fish, or cooked vegetables to add flavors. What about using them for garnishing cocktails, water, and soft drinks.
Citrus trees like lemons and limes grow mainly in tropical and sub-tropical environmental conditions where there are enough sunlight and watering. Some citrus fruits such as oranges can be grown in a greenhouse too. Limes and lemons compared to other citrus do not thrive in cold winter due to their sensitivity to cold environments. When these plants are grown in an area with high pH, alkaline soil it leads to yellowing of leaves disease also called chlorosis. This affects proper tree growth though it can be treated by adding acidic fertilizer. Proper growth conditions of pH between six and eight allow good absorption of nutrients such as iron, zinc, and magnesium that help the plant to produce green pigments also called chlorophyll. The chlorophyll in return helps plant energy absorption from the light which helps in the process of photosynthesis.
Excessive acid and salt also affect citrus plants’ growth hence the soil need to be tested and cured to provide an optimal growth condition for the plants.
Why Citrus Fruits are Good?
There are many reasons that makes citrus fruits healthy :
- First, they are a good source of vitamin A, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, folate and more https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4690266/. These kinds of vitamins are good for the functioning of the whole body: increasing body immunity, help the body to absorb other vitamins such as iron easily, help to maintain good bones, and teeth, balancing body fluids, and help in the creation of white and red blood cells.
- They are multipurpose: Can use them for making juice, garnish drinks, add food flavours and scent to your favourite products and keeping your skin smooth and elastic.
- Citrus are great anti-inflammatory (helping reducing swelling, pain and redness) and antioxidant (protecting the body from free radicals)
- They are low in calories but a good source of fibres and water that help in body food digestion and weight loss
- Citrus improves heart healthy, help reduce kidney stone risks https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26150027/ and other diseases https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27827912/
- Citrus fruits need to be eaten in moderation like one orange a day is good enough for your health. Eating lots of increases the risk of teeth cavities due to the acidic nature of these fruits such as lemons and limes.
- To get the full benefit of oranges for instances, you need to eat it as a whole juice and its fibres. Drinking only its juices add more sugar to your body https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1966/2
- While some citrus fruits such as oranges help in iron and other nutrients absorption, grapefruits, on the other hand, produces a chemical that binds with other gut chemicals to make the body absorb more medication than needed and cause an adverse impact on your health https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3589309/. This case is the same also for some types of oranges such as Seville and tangelos.
Tina Peters has ten years of testing and reviewing kitchen gadgets. I am a home-trained chef. I like to make cakes, pastries, biscuits, icing, and all kinds of home baking/cooking. As someone who likes trying out new kitchen gadgets to up my cooking skills. Over the past ten years, I often find myself buying gadgets like stand mixers, food processors, mini choppers, air fryers, blenders, and all kinds of kitchen appliances. Getting value for your money whenever you purchase an item requires adequate research and testing. So I decided to collate most of the information I have gathered over ten years of using and researching different kitchen gadgets into coxonskitchen.co.uk.
Table of Contents