The Andrew James 1300 watt electric food stand mixer is packed with cool features that will enhance your cooking experience. This mixer is currently unavailable on Amazon: Alternativelly, check , other best stand mixers below.
But is this Andrew James food mixer with guard worth it? Let us find out.
- The 1300watts Andrew James stand mixer comes with a solid 2 year warranty and 3 more different colors:cream, silver and black.
- Comes with 4 attachments: a dough hook, flexi beater, metal beater and a whisk
- Powered by 1300watts motor; though other claim to be 1500watts.
- To begin with, it also comes with a free 128 pages cookbook.
- Features speed control setting
- Comes with 5.2 litre mixing bowl with its dust cover.
- If not happy with it; return it in 7 days time for a full refund.
- It is cheaper than expected.
Andrew James 1300 Watt Electric Food Stand Mixer Review
The Andrew James 1300 watt electric food stand mixer comes with a solid 2 year warranty that you can take advantage of in case you get a model that has some flaws. You can never go wrong with a 2 year warranty; that is enough time to get to know your gadget.
This Andrew James mixer has 4.3 out of maximum 5 customer star ratings which in itself is a high star rating by any definition and a testament of its ability to offer high customer satisfaction.
Just like other Andrew James food mixers; this red Andrew James stand mixer comes with 4 attachments: a dough hook for kneading, flexible beater for sticky mixtures, metal beater blade for cakes and batters, and a whisk for beating creams and egg whites. It also comes with a spatula for mixing and scooping the mixture.
The mixer features six control speed settings: 1 to 6 with 1 being low and 6 the highest. As you probably know; some ingredients requires different levels of speed and power in order to create the most desired consistency for a particular recipe.
It is Ideal for making cakes, whipped creams, pizza or bread dough, mayonnaise etc.
- It is custom built to cope with the struggles and graft of fine cooking.
- It is fitted with 6 different power levels and speeds. It also has the important pulse button to offer you full control over the speed in which the ingredients has to be mixed. As you might know, the pulse button is used to super charge the speed on demand. The speed will return to normal when you release the pulse button. You are advised to first start on the lower speed and then gradually shift gears upwards. For the best results use the dough blade for making bread and any type of mixture that requires kneading and use the flexible beater blade for mixing cakes and any stick mixture.
- Weighs 5kgs and of 19 x 36 x 35 cm size.
- Powered by 1300 watt motor.
- Comes in lush, loud red and a clean finish. Needless to say, it is a great combination and will look good in any kitchen.
There are 4 attachments: a dough hook for kneading, flexible beater for sticky mixtures, metal beater blade for cakes and batters, and a whisk for beating creams and egg whites. It also comes with a spatula for mixing and scooping the mixture.
The Andrew James 1300 watt electric food stand mixer can be used by anyone above 8 years and it is intended for domestic use only. You are not required to it when the head is lifted up, and when in use don’t touch moving objects with fingers.
When cleaning it; don’t immense it on water and remember to switch it off before or when changing attachments. Remember also to clean it well before you start using it.
Note: For all sticky mixes such as cake mix that has a tendency to stick to the side of the mixing bowl, remember to use flexible beater included in the attachment tool kit.
In case of any damaged, the 2 year warranty covers free returning cost of the product for the first 12 months. After the 12 months you will need to pay the shipping cost to have your gadget fixed.
If you are completely unhappy with the product; you need to return it in 7 days time for a full refund.
For any other issue regarding the Andrew James mixer; you can always call customer care telephone 0844 335 8464, or email them at [email protected]
What Customers Say ?
The 1300watts Andrew James food mixer is simple, basic and works beautifully.
- Well built and its metallic red finish looks great on the worktop.
- Good value for money.
- You can use it to make cakes, butter cream, bread and pizza dough, among others.
- Its flexible beater blade works wonders, no need to scrape down helping the appliance to mix ingredients well. However, other users have claimed that you have to keep stopping it and scrape the mixing bowl side for efficient mixing.
- Has a great splash guard that prevents ingredients splashes and spillage. To make it work even greater when making icing sugar you need to cover the small adding hole with a tea towel.
- Its highest speed is real fast.
- Has a good suckers and robust feet that hold it firm on the worktop.
- Has a 5.2 litre, very generous mixing bowl size and
- Produces consistent results.
What Buyers Need to Know:
Like everything else, it has its own flaws that any prospective buyer needs to know about. We explore all these in this Andrew James food mixer reviews. First of all let me make one thing clear.
The Andrew James mixer red is not for those who are looking for “Kenwood Mixer” standards and compatibility. To be blunt with you, it doesn’t match up to the likes of Kenwood chef in durability but it is a quality gadget in its own right as we shall find out below. You can surely use it but don’t expect Kenwood’s class, probably that is why it costs 70% less than its peers over at Kenwood chef .
- You can’t add more attachments or the plethora of other add-ons that more expensive machines like Kenwood offer. You can only add Andrew James ice-cream maker attachment.
- Its bowl has no handles; however it is easy to remove .
- It is a bit noisy.
- Don’t expect Kenwood chef results.
- No spare parts available, in-case it got broke after 2 years warrant period; you will have to buy another one.
- Its attachments are not dishwasher proof. The dough blade, balloon whisk and metal beater blade; you need to clean them by hand using warm water and washing up liquid only.
- The guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear of individual parts.
- You asked not to run your gadget on the top speed of 6 for more than 4 minutes. Once you hit 4 minutes at the highest speed, you have to allow the gadget to cool down.
Though the Andrew James stand mixer has some drawbacks, at its peak it performs comparatively well alongside the pricey appliances in the market today . It is a fantastic gadget especially given the price point it is currently going for of below 100 quid.
Its standing high rating of 4.3 confirms its popularity with customers, which is actually a good deciding factor of whether or not you should invest in it, because these people are verified users who are achieving great results. Chances are they were most likely looking for the same quality and functionality as you are.
Feedback is always a good indicator of how good a product is , for as long as there is a legitimate amount of people providing it. However, not every product will have the luxury of getting a large amount of feedback instantaneously. At the time of writing, this Andrew James 1300 watt electric food stand mixer had 911 customer reviews, 86% of these reviews were people writing glowing things about it.