Here are the Amazon Prime Day slow cooker deals UK 2019 by Crock-Pot, Morphy Richards, Andrew James, Sage and other best slow cookers brands on Amazon.
- To take advantage of the Prime Day deals, you need to be an Amazon Prime Member, if not yet take advantage of the Amazon Prime 30 Day Free Trial and cancel it within 30 days from now so that you don’t get charged.
- Special Offer: You can also sign up for one week paid membership which cost Â£0.99 only or one month subscription that cost Â£7.99 incase you signed up for a free trial before and no longer qualified for another free trial.
- You can also benefit from Prime Day Deals by subscribing to Amazon Prime Student 6 month free trial or Amazon Household.
- If you have Prime Video account you need to upgrade to full Prime Member in-order to be to participate and
If you are not a member, you can only buy products at non-discounted price.
Amazon Prime Day Slow Cooker Deals UK 2019
|1.||10 litre slow cooker|
|2.||Crock-Pot Multi Size Digital Slow Cooker|
|3.||Morphy Richards Slow Cooker Sear and Stew Slowcooker|
For current on going slow cooker deals, check it here.
Amazon Prime Day Crock Pot Deals UK 2019
[we will insert deals table here as the deals start coming in]
For current on going crock pot deals, check it here.
For current on going kitchen appliances deals, check it here.
What is a Slow Cooker?
Slow cooker is an opposite of a pressure cooker. It is a kitchen appliances that cook food very slowly from 6 to 8 hours compared to the pressure cooker that cooks very fast. Slow cookers have 3 parts: the glass lid, pot and heating element. Theirs pots are mainly made up of metal sitting on the heating element. However there are those that are made up of ceramic or porcelain pots. These are referred to as crock pots. Crock pots have two setting low and high with heating surrounding the pot compared to variable control setting, 1 to 5 offered by other slow cookers.
Slow cookers cooks food more slowly than crockpots and sometime require stirring because its heat is concentrated in the bottom not distributedevenly. However, every time you lift the lid up, it add 20 to 30 minutes cooking time. Different from crock pots that are surrounded by heating elements causing the heat to be distributed evenly enabling the food to come quickly to the safe temperature for killing bacteria.
Depending on the recipe you can set your cooker to run for 6 to 8 hours or overnight but not in 24 hours. This is for safety and quality reasons.
What Can You Use a Slow Cooker For?
You can use your cooker for making soups and stew, cooking root vegetables, pork shoulder, lamb shoulder, ribs, and chicken thighs, casserole or curry. Making lasagne,puddings, cheesecake, and hot chocolate among others.
Just put all the ingredients in the pot but incase of the onion, fry them first before adding them to the pot. Also you can choose to brown the meat before adding it to make your soup or stew taste much better.
Also try to prepare your ingredient if possible a night before and leave them in room temperature. Frozen food needs to be defrosted before cooking them. Dry beans needs to be soaked overnight and cooked for at least 10 minutes or alternatively use canned beans.
- Rice and pasta needs to be cooked separately and saved alongside rather than mixing them with other food. This is because these food cook very quickly mixing them will create a big messy.
- Soft vegetables like peas and courgettes will become mushy if cooked slowly rather add them near the end of cooking time.
- Too much spice will make the food too hot to eat unless you are a spice friend.
At all times remember to layout your ingredients correctly starting with those hard to cook like root vegetables first on top faster cooking ingredients like canned food. This is because the crock pots do not cook food evenly, layering them nicely will make them all cook perfectly.
Do Not Do This
- Add oil on your food as it will not be absorbed by the food due to low moisture. Get time to trim any excess oil in meat before cooking them to help make your food not too oil.
- Overfill your cooker to reduce the risk of leaking out at the top
- Cook tender meats like chicken breast, and pork fillet, fish as they can turn out into tough leather
- Add raw meat without seasoning and browning it first as adding raw meat will make your food taste bland
- Use too much water or stock as slow cookers are good at retaining moisture hence adding too much liquid with make your stew tasteless
- Adding dairy products at the beginning will make your food taste yuck
- Cooking chicken with its skin is not a good idea if you donât want to find bits of skin floating on your stew
- Taking a peek as this reduce temperature inside the cooker risking your food not to cook well or take more time to cook
- Using wrong size slow cooker per given recipe will make your final output either overcooked or not cooked at all.
We will continue featuring both Amazon Prime Day Slow Cooker and Crock-Pots Deals UK 2019 as deals and offers keep coming in.