The Amazon Prime Day Microwave deals 2019: If you are looking for a microwave, the best time to get one is during Prime Day bonanza that usually takes place in July. Amazon has been offering decent discounts since 2015.
Top Sales (16th July 2019)
For currently ongoing microwave deals that last in 3 to 4 hours time, check it here.
15th July 2019 (Has ended)
- 34% off Russell Hobbs RHM2079A 20L Digital 800w Solo Microwave White
- 31% off Candy CMW2070S-UK 20L 700W Mechanical Solo Microwave- Silver [Energy Class A
- 50% off Russell Hobbs RHM1714B 17L Digital 700w Solo Microwave Black
Microwaves Buying Guide
Microwaves are handy gadgets to have in your kitchen. It is a versatile way of cooking, a must have kitchen appliance. Whether you are looking to defrost your food before you start cooking, or heat up food there is a microwave out there to sort out cooking needs. It no wonders that 93% of all Britons have it in their kitchens.
The thing is, some of the more reliable and versatile can cost quite a bit. Depending on the level of functionality and customization, it could cost anything between £30- £500.
So, in case you are looking for a decent microwave, it is a good idea to check out deals and sales bonanzas where you can get a quality one at a bargain price. There is no better sale Bonanza before the tail-end of year craze of Black Friday and Cyber Monday than Amazon Prime Day that usually comes on before mid -July.
Deals Over the Years
- In 2015 the Farberware Classic Microwave was discounted by 20 %. This a retro classic 1000 watt with six touch cooking functionalities.
- In 2016: The Russell Hobbs was discounted by 21%. The Russell Hobbs RHM2362S Digital , 23 L – Silver is one of the best selling Microwave in the UK. It has with factory-configured auto-cook modes to help you cook at the push of a button. One of its key highlights is the automatic defrost in which you simply place your food in it and the machine will choose the appropriate time for defrosting using an embedded weighing gauge that is pre-built in.
- In 2017, there was a massive 73% discount on the Igenix IG2008 20L 800 W Manual Microwave. The Price dropped from £ 124.99 to £ 33.99. The Igenix IG2008 20 L 800 W just like Russell Hobbs above also has an auto-defrost functionality and no-rust stainless steel interior. It also has five levels of power and a 30 minutes timer.
- In 2018, all the craze was about the instant pot. However, Amazon also unveiled its Amazon Basics Alexa Microwave that works with an “Ask Alexa ” push button that you use to “talk” to the microwave.
- In 2019 Amazon rolled out a Spring Sale that was on in mid-April 2019 in which this Candy CMXW22DS-UK 22 Litre Microwave- Silver – was £119.99, now £79.99 was on offer. A 33% per cent discount that could save you £ 40.
The Candy CMXW22DS-UK has a cool feature like 40 pre-programmed menus, a jet defrost and a lockable control panel for child safety.
2019 is here and if what has happened in previous years is anything to go by, there will be a decent microwave on offer. May a 60%+ discount which will be a real good value for money.
With this in mind, you need to prepare for Prime Day sales now, the sales are in 5 weeks away but like all good things. A bit of planning goes a long way in getting great results. So how do you prepare for this sales deal bonanza?
All you Need to Know About the Deals
If you have not heard of Amazon Prime Day, this is a time set apart by the online shopping giant Amazon to entice customers to its brand. During Prime Day, which runs for more than 30 hours over a million products are drastically discounted some even going for half price their usual price.
Anyone can participate if they sign up for Amazon Prime. This is an Amazon subscription service that among other things affords you next day “free” shipping of all prime marked items bought on Amazon. There is a one month free trial available for all who want to participate. Even without signing up, you can still get huge discounts of items you are shopping for; the only downside is that you will see the deals after subscribed members have had 30 minutes to explore the deals.
Needless to say that if the deal is mouthwatering, it will be swarmed up in no time. That is why you need to sign p for the free trial or even just sign up for a one-month subscription if you have already used the free trial before.
There will be millions of great deals. However, if you are looking to snap a good microwave deal you first need to know what you are looking for
Over the years microwaves have transitioned from basic models to multifunctional modern gadgets the most households depend on when it comes to cooking. Solo microwaves that basically defrosted and heat up your food were the buzz word a decade ago. However in this point in time microwaves have other features like grill, oven and pre-built menus and recipes. Others combine functions like defrost and cook at the push of a button all at once.
New Microwave innovations to consider
Crisper Plates: this is a technology in which a grill that cooks from above while food is heated from below is fitted in the microwave. Crisper plates are good for cooking pizzas, pies and the like because the food is cooked from all sides (top and bottom).
Flatbed Design– unlike turntables, the common feature in old microwaves where the base plate revolves around to ensure the food is heated evenly, flatbed design use modern technology to transmit heat to heat evenly but because they have a flat base, you can fit bigger and awkward shaped dishes.
Combi Microwaves: These tend to be more premium because they combine different functions like an oven. They make use of convention heating that involves fanning hot air. They are good for roasting, crisping and browning.
Functionalities: Before you buy one it is important to think about the different capabilities and features: For instance, do you need pre-planned recipes, microwaves with programmable memory and other advanced functions.
Wattage and Capacity: The higher the wattage the faster the heat up time. 900 watts and above will save you time. Meanwhile, regarding capacity, you need at least 20 litres. All this, of course, will depend on the space available to you. Bigger capacity means you can place a bigger volume of food in it.
The above is the modern trends. However, if all you want is a basic microwave to re-heat and/or defrost your leftover food then a simple one is perfect for you. Solo microwaves are relatively cheap. You can get one for less than £50.
Merits of Solo Microwaves
- They are a number of models to choose from
- They are easily available
- They are too one dimensional, their functionality is limited to reheating and defrosting.
Microwaves with Grills
Some modern microwaves have a heating element that functions as a grill. With the dual combination of a microwave and a grill, you can brown your dishes and perform different cooking tasks that a basic microwave cannot do. Here are some benefits of considering grill microwaves:
- In addition to microwaving your food, you can also brown and crisp your food.
- Can cook pizzas evenly.
- They are a bit pricey.
All in all for you to snap up a huge discount, you have to be ready by signing up the Prime subscription free trial or get a one-month subscription that will cost you £8.99. There is always a good deal to save you money.
Check this page for the latest Amazon Prime Day Microwave deals.