Andrew James Ice Cream Maker Review
Are you looking for the Andrew James Ice Cream Maker, Sorbet and Frozen Yoghurt Maker Attachment is the one and only one Andrew James food mixer attachment. It is suitable for All Andrew James 5.2 Litre Food Mixers.
Apart from this there is no other Andrew James Mixer Attachments!
Having said that let us now find out more about this ice cream maker attachment and figure out whether is it worth it or not.
Andrew James Ice Cream Maker Review : Key Features & Product Description
- It comes with: a cover, ingredient funnel, paddle, freezing bowl and a mixing bowl.
- All you need to do to the Andrew James ice cream maker attachment is simply attach it to the bowl of your Andrew James Mixer and snap! you are up and running.
- It is composed of a fast freezing insulated freezer bowl of one litre capacity.
- It weighs 1.5kg, silver in color and of 23 x 13 x 23 cm.
- It is suitable for all Andrew James 5.2 Litre Food Mixers
- The Andrew James ice-maker takes between 20 to 30 minutes to process ice cream
What do customers say about this Ice Cream Maker Attachment?
- I can’t fault it in any way.
- It is very well made and fits exactly into the mixer bowl of the Andrew James stand mixer.
- Its accompanied recipe booklet is great.
- It is easy to use, clean and keep.
- The processed ice-cream is a bit sloppy hence a need to stick it the deep freezer to firm it up. In regard to this issue the instructional manual that comes with your stand mixer states that if after 45 minutes the mix is not firm enough; switch off your mixer, place the ice-cream into the container and put it into the freezer until frozen to the way you want it.
According to the Andrew James Mixer instruction manual under ice cream maker section; you are required to:
- Wash the ice cream maker thoroughly before you start using it.
- You need to place the freezing bowl into a plastic bag and then into a freezer 24 hours in advance.
- Prepare the ice cream mix and if necessary, allow the mix to cool in a refrigerator.
- In order to prevent the mix from immediately freezing on the inside of the bowl; remember to switch off the machine first before adding the mix.
- You are not to use metal utensils to remove the mix from the freezing bowl.
- All of your ice cream maker accessories can be cleaned in hot soapy water.
For this and more instructions; remember to read the Andrew James 5.2 instructional manual before you start using your Andrew James ice cream maker.