Best Juicers UK 2017 Reviews
Our Top Picks for Best Juicers UK 2017
#1: Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro, 1500 Watt – Great for a big family
The Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro, 1500 Wattis one of the best fast juicers that have quite a larger feeding tube that allow you to juice most fruits and vegetables without chopping them first.
This juicer does both peeling and juicing for. What a time saving feature!
It has 5 variable speed control settings to help you take control of the juicing speed for both hard and soft ingredients.
In addition to the variable setting; the juicer comes with 2 hard discs:
- A soft fruit disc for mashing soft fruits like berries and bananas to be mixed with the juice to make a smoothie and
- A hard disc with cutting blades great for juicing hard vegetables and fruits
You are advised to wash your juicer immediately after finishing juicing. It is easier and faster and the best part is that you are provided with a cleaning brush.
This Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro is great for a big family.
- You need to read the instruction manual careful to know which speed is suitable for which fruit or veg
- Not recommended for juicing wheatgrass. If you want to juice wheat grass go for a slow juicer
- Its parts are not dishwasher safe as most of them are plastic made.
- Not great for small kitchens as it occupies much space compared to the Philips Viva.
#2: Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer- For couples or person use
The Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt – Blackis one of the best centrifugal juicers that is quite small and compact compared to many other juicer machines. This makes it a great juicing machine for small kitchens.
- Despite being small this juicer is capable of making up to 1.5 litre juice in one go.
- The extracted pulp comes out fairly dry and goes into its own container making it easy to empty and clean the machine and its parts after juicing. And the best part is that all its detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- The pulp container and the lid are transparent helping you to monitor when to add ingredients or when to empty the pulp container.
- It has a ‘drip stop sprout’ preventing juice from dripping down while juicing however customer claimed that after finishing juicing make sure to put a cup to collect some left over as the juicer tend to drip a lot.
- You can use your own glass to collect the juice if you want to instead of using a provided jug.
- The juicer is made of smooth surfaces that make it quite easy to clean and this is one of its main strength.
- For peace of mind the HR1832/01 comes with 2 years guarantee
- Its feeding tube is a bit small; you have to remove the seeds and chop the fruits before adding them to the machine.
- Great for couples or personal use but not for a family use. If you have a family better get a bigger size
All in all, the Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juiceris a good juicing machine that is quite easy to assemble, use and clean.
#3: Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer is one of the best slow juicers that is very cheap but performs real well. It is easy to assemble, use and clean. And above all it is quiet while in operation compared to many other juicers.
- It is compact; does not take much space and hence great for small kitchens.
- Same as other cold press juicers; this machine also produces a dry pulp and gives more juice compared to the fast machines.
- It comes with brush to properly clean the machine detachable parts. It is advised to clean them immediately after finishing juicing.
- It has a reverse switch for preventing clogging. You just need to press the button when necessary.
- The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer is quite good for price it is going in addition to its overall performance.
- It can be used to juice wheatgrass, ginger, kale, apples, carrots, oranges, mainly both soft and hard fruits and veggies
- The machine comes with 2 year warranty.
You have to cut the hard fruits and veggies into small pieces before adding them to the juicer machine.
#4: Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer with Frozen Sorbet Attachment, 150 W – Silver
The Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer as the name goes is one of the best masticating juicers that makes juices by slowly mashing the ingredients’, then squeezing the mixture separating the juice from the pulp.
The pulp produced is very dry, can be used to make other food or just bin it.
- The Panasonic features stainless steel screw for pressing and crushing ingredients to produce high quality taste drinks compared to the centrifugal juicers.
- It has 2 containers; one for collecting juice and the other one for collecting the pulp.
- Its juicer outlet has a ‘drip stop sprout’ for preventing dripping.
- Its juice collection jug has a measure to help you know how much juice have you made.
- The machine comes with the frozen attachment for juicing frozen fruits and
- The MJ-L500SXC also comes with a cleaning brush and an easy to follow instruction manual.
- You can use it to juice both fruits and vegetables.
Like other slow speed juicers; the feeding chute of this machine is fairly small, takes time to feed the juicer and
Have to cut the fruits and remove the seeds before adding them to the juicer
In summary, the Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer is stylish, slim, and compact, producing high quality juice. It is real worth buying it. It is easy to use, clean and store.
#5: Duronic JE6SR Silver 100W Powerful Citrus Press Juicer / Juice Squeezer Extractor with Drip Free Spout
The Duronic JE6SR Silver 100W Powerful Citrus Press Juicer is one of the best citrus juicers that are very cheap and quite handy in making citrus juice (orange, lemon, grapefruits).
The juicer has 2 interchangeable cones: a large one for large fruits like oranges and a small one for small fruits like limes.
The machine also has an on and off switch that switch itself automatically: ‘on’ when the fruit is pressed down and ‘off’ when you remove the fruit from the cone.
To make juice from this machine; you just need to press the halved fruit into the juicer cone. This will make the duronic juicer to start rotating automatically extracting juice from the fruit.
The machine comes with a dust cover for protecting cones from germs. This cover can also be used for holding and pushing the fruits into the machine.
The JE6SR juicer also comes with an easy to follow user manual and a 2 year warranty for peace of mind.
Its detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Great for a single person squeezing one or two oranges per time. Not suitable for large quantities or family.
- Not to be used for more than 2 minutes at a time. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes between usages.
- Not suitable for juicing vegetables.
If all you need is just to be able to create homemade citrus juice, then the Duronic silver je6sr citrus juicer is worth the investment. It is very cheap and performs real well. It is easy to use and clean.
What to Look For When Buying a Juicer!
Juicing is the thing now days. It is very popular.
When buying a juicer try to put the following criteria into consideration; they will save you time and stress in the near future.
A: Your Needs
Why do you want a juicer, what are you going to use it for? And how much are you prepared to spend to get the kind of juicer you’re looking for.
If you have the answers to these 3 main questions; then you are on the right track to getting the best juicer that fits your needs.
B: Types of Juicers
There are 3 main types of Juicer Machines
#1: Centrifugal Juicers also known as Fast Juicers
They are cheap and quite popular in the market today. They produce juice very fast by separating juice from the pulp. However, in the process of producing juice; they leave a bit wet fibres which results into getting less juice compared to the juice produced by the masticating juicing machines using the same ingredients
- Hard stuff like apples works very well with centrifugal.
- Easy to clean and setup but quite too noisy compared to the slow juicers.
- Not good at juicing soft fruits like berries, greens and wheatgrass.
#2: Cold Press Juicers also known as Masticating Juicers or Slow Juicers
They push ingredients into a small area causing them to mash, producing more quality juice and more juice than the centrifugal juicers but very slow in action. They also produce much dry fibres than centrifugal hence less waste.
Slow juicers are very expensive compared to the centrifugal juicers; they can be used to juice vegetables, fruits, wheatgrass and leaf greens.
Some of them are flexible, and hence can be use to perform other tasks like making ice cream, butter nut, pasta and gridding coffee.
They come with long warranties for peace of mind, and to justify the initial investment.
These masticating juicers take time to clean as they come with so many detachable parts. Cleaning the parts immediately after finishing juicing is the best and quicker way to go. Do not leave them until the pulp have dried as it will cost you more time to scrub them hence wasting more time in the process.
These are juicers for specific needs e.g. orange or lemon juicer, carrot juicer, wheatgrass juicer and so forth. They are too small, quite cheap compared to the centrifugal and very specific in what they do.
Juicers prices ranges from £15 to more than £250 with pricier ones claimed to offer more value for money than the cheapest ones.
However you can get the best juicer at cheap price basing on what you want to use the juicer for.
Whether you decide to buy the centrifugal or masticating or citrus juicer; it is all boils down to how much you want to spend.
D: Dishwasher Safe
If you are not keen into manual cleaning your juicer; consider buying the one in which its parts are dishwasher safe. However just rinsing your juicer jug and its parts individually on running water is a quick way to go.
Some juicers include cleaning brushes for scrubbing the attachments.
E: Foam Separator
Do you want a juice clear of foam? Then choose a juice with a jug that includes a foam separator. A form separator is just a plastic attachment that holds back any form when pouring out the juice.
F: Feeding Chute
Do you want to save more time pre chopping fruits and vegetables? Then buy a juicer that has extra large feeding tube whereby you can just feed the machine without chopping your fruits and vegetables first. Do not forget to read the instruction manual first as other machines requires you to peel or chop the fruits and veg first adding them into the machine despite the size of the feeding tube.
G: Non- slip feet
For stability purpose, preventing the machine from moving around while juicing; most of the juicers have non-slip feet.
The best juicer offers either speed options: slow speed for soft ingredients and high speed for hard ingredients or soft fruit disc.
I: Citrus Press
To make lemon or orange juices consider buying a juicer machine with a citrus press attachment.
Blenders vs. Juicers
Blender or Juicer, which is better? Blenders give you most of your fruits and vegetables by crushing all of the ingredients together without remove the pulp to make a smoothie when compared to juicers that takes the pulp away from the juice.
Read our Blenders Reviews to find out which is the best blender UK 2017.
But if you just want a clear drink; juicer is the way to go
- 1 Our Top Picks for Best Juicers UK 2017
- 1.1 #1: Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Pro, 1500 Watt – Great for a big family
- 1.2 #2: Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer- For couples or person use
- 1.3 #3: Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
- 1.4 #4: Panasonic MJ-L500SXC Slow Juicer with Frozen Sorbet Attachment, 150 W – Silver
- 1.5 #5: Duronic JE6SR Silver 100W Powerful Citrus Press Juicer / Juice Squeezer Extractor with Drip Free Spout
- 2 What to Look For When Buying a Juicer!
- 3 Blenders vs. Juicers