Integrated with several attachments for mixing, kneading, chopping, blending, mincing, grinding, and a planetary rotation system that makes a beater and a bowl to rotate in opposite direction for thoroughly mixing is the Kenwood Mixer.
But with a wide range of Kenwood mixers; which one should you buy?Let us find out which one is good value for money.
Top 5 Best Kenwood Mixers 2017
#1:Kenwood Premier Major kmm710 Kitchen Machine – The Best Kenwood Mixer For A Large Family
The Kenwood Premier Major kmm710 Kitchen Machine is also considered as one of the best food mixers for a large family. But is it worth it? Let us find out.
Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine- Product Description
The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine features four power outlets, and each is optimized for a range of different preparation tasks. They include:
- The bowl outlet. It allows for further attachments to be used with this outlet inclusive of the mixing tools. For example, the ice cream maker. The high-speed power outlet. It is located at the top, back of the machine and allows for a variety of attachments like chopper to be used. It features a slow-speed power outlet that has been positioned behind a removable front cover. It provides a balance of high torque and slow speed to drive its specialized attachments like the pasta roller and the compact chopper.
- This Kenwood mixer features a thermo-resist for smoothies, soups etc. The kmm770 major Premier thermo-resist blender uses the borosilicate glass, quite heavy thick glass. This glass has been selected specifically by the Kenwood Chef engineers because it has thermal resistance properties. This means that, with this glass you can go from blending very hot soup to blending cold drinks and ice without shattering or cracking the glass. The best part of the Kenwood major Premier mixer kmm770 heat resistant blender is that it is made in a way that you can remove blade and the bottom for cleaning.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine comes with a splash guard fitted that you can remove it. The kmm710 splash guard is situated on the top of the bowl for preventing mixtures from flying all over.
- Kenwood kmm710 includes also an electronic scales for weighing out ingredients.
- It comes with a 180 recipe book and an instruction CD/DVD.
- There is also a spatula included, a registration card and a UK plug.
Included with the Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine is the 3 standard mixing attachments: a dough hook that takes all the hard work of kneading bread out for you, stretching the flour’s gluten giving it a maximum rise. Kenwood major Premier kmm770 mixer kneads and mixes quickly and effortlessly making an elastic and smooth dough for a variety of pastries and bread,
A k-beater for sticky mixtures like cakes and pastries and a balloon shaped whisk that creates maximum volume. This mixes a lot of air, giving you a mixture a light and fluffy texture. This is good for soufflés, meringues, mousses, and cheesecakes.
There is also a wide range of more than 20 very usefully attachments like ice cream maker, meat grinder, pasta roller etc that you can buy as extras should you need them. Ability to accommodate a large number of extra attachments is a unique characteristic of most of the Kenwood chef food mixers.
- Compared to Kenwood km330; Kenwood mixer kmm770 is a little bulky on the work top and a bit large to put away in the cupboard.
- It doesn’t have an outlet for a food processor.
- This Kenwood major is a bit loud that you’d need to raise your voice to hold a conversation; however you are not going to use it that long for it to be an issue.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 kitchen machine is a bit quieter than its ancestor.
- It doesn’t take much space since it is taller than wide.
- It is easy to use and clean and it looks very good too.
- Its blender attachment is great and can blend mixtures in seconds.
- It is great value for money.
- The Kenwood premier major kmm710 is of great quality, solid built and powerful with many optional attachments.
- It mixes well in a short amount of time.
- It’s very simple to use, with a variable speed control for both the mixer and liquidiser. The Kenwood major Premier kmm770 liquidiser works well enough and seems quite sturdy.
- It is very durable. In addition, the appliance has received an average customer star rating of 96%. Kenwood kmm770 Premier has also been featured among the top stand mixers in the Amazon best seller ranks.
#2: Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red weighs 8kg and of 36.1 x 22.3 x 34.9 cm size. Its color matches, glass liquidizer/ blender that is also available for optional purchase to complete its awesome look.
- It features 500watt motor that will ensure you can work with large quantities perfectly. With its 500 watt motor, the kmx51 gives you that soft start function’ and allows you to increase its speed gradually.
- It also features 6 variable control speed settings.
- Employs planetary mixing action and a fold function. With its planetary mixing action, you can mix ingredients very well. This is true because traditional beaters usually rotate in a circular motion. The Kenwood kmix kmx51 food mixer – red , however, moves in a planetary way. That is, while the beater revolves in one direction the socket turns in the opposite direction. This ensures that all the mixture is picked up from around the bowl, thus giving you a thorough mix.
- Features 2 power outlets: a bow outlet that you can use with the three other included bowl tools. The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red also features a slow speed, power outlet that is located at the front, behind the removable cover. This allows for a perfect balance of high-speed torque and slow speed allowing it to drive the specialized attachments like the pasta extruder and the meat grinder.
- Same as other Kenwood kmix stand mixers; the Kenwood kMix Red also comes with a 5 litre non-sticky bowl.
The Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red comes with 3 non-stick bowl tools: K beater, balloon whisk, dough hook, splashguard, and a spatula.
- Its K beater has angled fins to allow the beater to reach every area of the bowl. This feature makes it a very versatile tool regardless of whether you are making pastry, creaming cake mixes, or you are just stirring ingredients gently.
- Its dough hook is for perfectly combining your ingredients producing a soft elastic dough. This means that all the hard work during the kneading process has been taken care of for you.
- The Kenwood KMix balloon whisk is for creating perfect foamy whipped mixtures. The shape of the whisk allows trapping of air while mixing thus creating maximum volume while the ingredients are whisked.
There is also an opportunity to buy extra attachments like pasta maker, fruit press and meat grinder to mention but a few.
Some reviewers who bought the Kenwood kmix kmx51 stand mixer have complained that the kmix is a bit noisy .
Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red Reviews: Final Verdict
Would I recommend the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red? Yes a larger fraction of individuals who have used the product have praised it saying that .
- It is simple to use and clean.
- Cheaper than the KitchenAid mixer.
- Comes with easy to follow instruction manual and a leaflet that showcase other available additional attachments.
- It is a very quality product.
- It is a very retro and sturdy.
- It is very affordable as compared to the others in the market.
- It is a durable model.
- With the Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L – Red cover, you will not have plumes of sugar icing shooting out into the air every time.
#3: Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is great for both beginners and established cook alike. It has been featured in many reviews as one of the best Kenwood chef mixers so far and is the number one Amazon best seller in the stand mixer category. (this mixer is currently unavailable on Amazon; alternatively check the Kenwood km330 which offers more less the same features as the km336)
Is this info good enough to make you buy this Kenwood chef mixer? What about continue reading to the end to find out more about the km336 .
Kenwood KM336 Reviews: Product Description
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender is white in color, made up of aluminium and plastic, weighs 6kg, and of 39 x 23.5 x 29 cm size.
- It features 800 watt motor that is quite adequate for daily cooking needs.
- The km336 features 8 speeds and a pulse function that gives you a bit more control over the speed to which the ingredients get mixed.
- It has 2 power outlets: low speed outlet for attachments like mincer and high speed outlet for attachments like liquidiser and shredder. The Kenwood km336 power outlets are there to assist the chef mixer take more additional attachments
- This Kenwood mixer also features a huge 4.6 litre stainless steel mixing bowl . The bowl has a splash guard with a hinged lid that allows other ingredients to be added without stopping the km336. Another use of the km336 Kenwood splash protector is for preventing mixtures from flying everywhere while mixing.
- A great flexible spatula also comes with Kenwood classic km336 to assist you put the mix into a baking tray.
- The machine also includes a 1.5 litre blender. The liquidiser is made of acrylic but fairly thick capable of blending many things from soups to smoothies but not recommended for ice.
- In addition the km336 comes with a comprehensive recipe book with 180 recipes included, although for some of the recipes you need to buy additional accessories. The cook book also offers instructions and information regarding all the available attachments and how to use them.
There are 3 basic attachments that come with the brand new Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White: flexi beater for cakes mashed potatoes, pastries etc, balloon whisk for whisking eggs, batter etc and dough hook for kneading.
There are also more than 20 attachments that you can buy from Amazon or Kenwood as needs arise such as the Kenwood km336 food mixer ice cream maker, meat grinder, pasta roller, shredder to mention but a few.
The food mixer package also comes with a spanner and instructions for adjusting the mixing attachments to enhance them reach slightly close to the bottom of the bowl for thorough mixing.
Note that proper attachments adjustment is necessary to getting good results.
In additional to this the supplied attachments are not dishwasher safe; you just need to wash them manually with warm water and washing liquid.
With the Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White you also get a 1.5 litre liquidiser attachment for soups and smoothies.
The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White attachments are not dishwasher safe.
- The liquidiser can be a bit tricky fitting it, as there it a bit of resistance when trying to lock it onto the km336.
- It is quite noisy in operation.
- There are lots of attachments to add on, but they are quite pricey.
- The Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer with Blender, Gloss White is excellent, sturdy and versatile as it comes with a liquidizer and great option of adding extra attachments later .
- Easy to use, clean and powerful enough to cope with 2kg of wholemeal bread dough.
- Its price at Amazon is just amazing considerably cheaper than elsewhere. It is actually very good value for money.
- Its dough hook and the plastic top that stops mixing food from flying out are great extras (this mixer is currently unavailable on Amazon).
Click the link ABOVE to read the detailed review of this best selling Kenwood Mixer UK 2017.