Check latest Black Friday Blender Deals UK 2017
Blenders can make homemade soups, milkshakes and smoothies. Top end blenders with multiple functions can mix your ingredients into a fine smooth mixture with consistency within a very short time. Perfect for nutrient rich drinks and soups.
Some blenders can chop, be used for making dips and pureeing. Blenders with more functionality like auto cleaning, heating for making hot soups and variable speeds cost more than basic blenders.
Top 5 Best Blenders UK 2017 Reviews
#1: Magimix Le Blender 11610 – Black Finish – Best Smoothie Blender
The Magimix Le Blender 11610 has a 1.8 litre large heat resistant glass jug
It is powered by 1200watts quite yet powerful motor that blends ingredients in seconds.
It has 4 auto-function settings for making smoothies, ice cream, soup, and for crushing ice at a touch of the button.
It features a water tight lid to keep the mixtures safe from messing up your worktop and non-slip feet for stability.
The blender parts are detachable hence easy to clean and are easy to put them back to.
- You have to peel the fruits before adding them as the blender doesn’t do that for you when compared to the Vitamix.
- Its blender jug is relatively heavy for an older person to use, weighing about 2kg
- You pay more for choosing different color, with the black being the cheapest
The Magimix Le Blender comes with a recipe book that features more than 80 recipes to get you started.
#2: Vitamix 059712 Certified Reconditioned Total Nutrition Center Blender- Best Blender for Soup
Vitamix is a massive brand in the blending industry. Its products are front runners that perform far better than most high end blender, hence the high pricetag. They can chop puree, and even crush ice-the works.
You can still get the power and functionality of Vitamix by buying a reconditioned Vitamix blender. Before a reconditioned Vitamix hits the shop the manufacturer carries a detailed and careful 17 point inspection to ensure that the reconditioned Vitamix flies the brand of Vitamix high.
That is why they are giving a solid 5 year guarantee on a reconditioned Vitamix (a brand new Vitamix comes with a 7 year guarantee). Only select gadget pass the meticulous and rigorous inspection.
Every reconditioned Vitamix comes with a new cookbook, dual-part lid, tamper and container shell just like a new one. So when buying a Vitamix 059712 Certified Reconditioned buy with confidence. Just like a new Vitamix, the has the following product features :
- Vitamix 059712 Certified Reconditioned features variable speed control. It runs on ten variable speeds for the perfect consistency.
- Runs on a 1000 watt motor engine.
- Comes with a tamper for meting out frozen ingredients and mixtures
- Has a two part lid that enables you to add ingredients while the Vitamix blender is running.
- Easy to clean. No need to remove any component or blade to clean.
- Weights 7 kgs
- Volume capacity of 2 litres
The reconditioned Vitamix comes with a 5 year guarantee.
The vitamix blender is a true revelation. It has the ability to blend very solid foods like carrots, celery and seeds to very refined and consistent texture.
You will not see small particles of peeling when you run your apples on the vitamix, the finished product is fine mixture like baby food.
Unlike other blenders, the Vitamix is able to run for a longer time- upwards of seven minutes. This is great especially for making soups.
A brand new Vitamix costs over five hundred pounds but the reconditioned one, you will probably get it for half the price but still enjoy the full capacity and qualities of a new Vitamix. Check out the Reconditioned Vitamix here.
#3: Nutribullet Red 8-Piece Set Blender – Best Blender for Nuts and Seeds
The Nutribullet Red 8-Piece Set with Bonus NutriBlast Seed and Fruit (Red) is one of the best blenders that are small, lightweight and compact.
It comes with a number of attachments:
- Extractor Blade – for breaking down and pulverising ,fruits skins, stems and seeds to creating high quality smoothie. No need to peel fruits before adding them into your blender. It can also crush ice in seconds
- 2 cups, large and small for drinking on a go or storage purpose.
- A recipe book to get you started
It features a powerful 600watts motor and ‘bullet cyclonic action’ that pushes all the ingredients into the extractor blades.
No pulp is being left behind with this blender, a great feature when making babies/kids drinks.
To blend you have to add ingredients to one the provided cups then screw that cup on the extractor and push it down to the power base until the motor start to function
- No pre-set programmes.
- The extractor blades are not dishwasher safe.
All in all, this Nutribullet Red 8-Piece blender is worth it; helping you to get most of your fruits and vegetables.
#4: Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ (BL642) –Best Blender for Protein Shakes
The Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ (BL642)is one of the best cheap blenders for smoothies, under £100. It is a 2 in 1 kitchen machine: a blender and a nutrient extractor.
It comes with a number of attachments for creating smooth and creamy mixtures in seconds:
- Total crushing blade for crushing ice and hard seeds.
- Pro extractor blade for extracting and blending vegetables, seeds, nuts, ice, protein shakes and even frozen fruits at a push of the button.
- 2 dishwasher safe cups with lids, small and large for making small and large batches of nut butters, breakfast smoothies as needed. You can also use the cups for drinking on a go or storage purpose
- 1 litre jug
- Super secure lids for keeping ingredients in place while blending.
- A recipe book
The Nutri Ninja Blender features 3 variable control settings plus ice crushing and a pulse button. It is powered by 1500watts motor.
The blender can be used to make milkshakes, smoothies, sauces and soup
It is sturdy, and very easy to use. You just need to press the relevant button and let the blender do its work.
- It is not to be used for blending hot ingredients such as hot soup.
- A bit louder just like many other blenders.
- It quite heavy too.
All in all, this Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ (BL642) is worth it. It is neat, stylish and very versatile in what it does
#5: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack – Best Cheap Smoothie Blender under £100
Breville is one of UK leading manufacturer of small appliances. The Breville blend-active personal family pack is powered by a 300watt motor that blitzes ingredients to make nourishing smoothies, shakes, slushies and blended drinks.
- Breville blend-active personal family pack weighs 1.4kgs and has a 0.6 capacity jug with a lid. The jug is made of durable Tritan material that is odour, stain and taste resistant. The family pack comes with two 0.3 litre additional cups.
- Runs on one speed and operates one speed and has a one touch blending button. The Breville blend-active is dishwasher safe. It has detachable blades which make it a breeze.
- Perfect for both personal (personal training/gym work)and family (school, picnics)
- It is currently going for a competitive price. It will surely provide value for money. You get measuring guides and recipes to get you started.
Things to look out for in a Food Blender.
Glass jug blenders are more durable and versatile than plastic ones. You are better of getting a blender that has a glass jug.
Blenders mostly have at least two speed settings. Variable speed settings are preferable because they give you control- you can vary the speed in which the blender mixes. More advanced blenders have pre-set programmes that enable you to perform tasks like making milk shakes, crushing ice, cocktails and desserts
Easy to Clean
Look out for blenders that have detachable/removable blades and those that are dishwasher safe. These are usually easy to clean.
Whereas most blenders have lids, there are some whose lid can be affixed (you can remove it and insert it back). The removable lids are good because they allow you to add ingredients as you progress with your blending.
Some advanced blenders have in built capability to crush ice to make frozen drinks. Blenders that do not have ice-crushing capability will not work well when used to crush ice- the blades get worn-out.
These are bases that have suction that make the blender not to move an inch when mixing ingredients.
this is a place to store the plug when not in use to keep everything neat and tidy.
Blenders with high wattage generally work horses, they crush, mix and chop with great results.
- Top 5 Best Blenders UK 2017 Reviews
- #3: Nutribullet Red 8-Piece Set Blender – Best Blender for Nuts and Seeds
- Things to look out for in a Food Blender.