What is The Best Food Mixer 2017 ?
Food Mixer Reviews – Which is the best food mixer 2017? Well; We have reviewed a wide range of best mixers brands to help you make the right decision: Is it Andrew James food mixer, Kenwood Chef , or Kitchenaid mixer among others?
Food mixers come in many shapes and sizes. Many promise a lot but do they deliver what they say on the tin? Of all the different models , which one is the best? Which one actually delivers on all the key aspects of a quality product: reliability, efficiency and versatility? Let us find out.
What is the Best Food Mixer 2017?
|No.||Picture||Detailed Reviews||Bowl Size (Litre)||Weight (kg)||Warranty||Customer Ratings||Best Price|
|No.||Picture||Detailed Reviews||Bowl Size (Litre)||Weight (kg)||Warranty||Customer Ratings||Best Price|
|1||Kenwood kMix KMX52 - Almond Cream||5||8||5||4.7|
|2||Bosch MUM57830GB Food Mixer||3.9||8||1||4.5|
|3||Kitchenaid K45SS Classic||4.2||11||2||4.7|
|4||Andrew James 1300 Watt Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red||5.2||5||2||4.3|
Top 7 Best Food Mixers 2017
#1: Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L KMX52G – CreamThe best food mixer so far basing on ratings and reviews is the Kenwood kMix KMX52?
But can this Kenwood kMix set back with the difficulty of the daily kitchen activities? How can it cope up under the administration of a serious cook? Can it still do its jobs for meal preparation with ease or complicated process? Let us now know the features of the Kenwood KMX52 and decide whether or not this is worth buying.
Kenwood kMix KMX52 Product Description
- KMX52 is almond cream in color, weighs 8kg and of 36.1 x 22.3 x 34.9 cm size.
- It features a 500 watt motor which supplies power to the device. It can mix dough of up to 1.5 kilograms.
- It has 6 variable speed control setting that gives you full control over the speed to which the food get mixed.
- It employs planetary mixing technology. This ensures that there is a total mixing of contents that is in the bowl.
- It features auto-stop feature which makes the kmx52 Kenwood stop automatically when the top is lifted up.
- It features 2 power outlets for accommodating additional attachments.
- Our best Kenwood Food Mixer includes 5 year warranty for peace of mind.
- It comes with a 5 litre non sticky coated aluminium stainless steel mixing bowl with handles. The bowl is big enough for normal daily use.
- KMX52 also comes with a splash guard with a small opening for adding ingredients while mixing.
The Kenwood kmx52 comes with multiple mixing attachments: a k-beater, a whisk and dough hook for mixing. There is also an instruction manual showing you how to use each accessory.
You are also provided with a key for adjusting the attachments .How to adjust the attachments is well illustrated in the user manual provided.
Apart from these 3 standard attachments; there is also a range of attachments that you can buy when in need of them like: pasta roller, Short Pasta Maker and multi food grinder to mention but a few. The optional attachments though are of not of wide range as that of the Kenwood chef mixer.
- KMX52 looks neat, robust, and easy to manoeuvre and clean.
- It is nicely packed – with easy and clear instruction manual and leaflet with information about additional attachments.
- Amazon is the cheapest place to buy by a considerable amount.
- Not only is it a time saver and muscle saver, but it is aesthetically pleasing too.
- It has an added safety feature, which makes the gadget stops automatically when the top is lifted up.
- It also automatically detects when ingredients are added and adjusts the speed accordingly.
- Kmix kmx52 attachments don’t seem to reach the sides of the bowl; however, you are provided with a spanner to adjust them correctly.
- It is a bit heavy, weighing 8kg.
Kenwood kmx52 customers are satisfied with the kind of service offered by the kmix kmx52. For example out of the 544 that have been able to review the machine, 81% of them gave a five-star rating. This is an incredible performance for this product.
#2:Kenwood KM330 Stand Mixer, 4.6 L, 800 W – White
Kenwood km330 is one of the classic Kenwood models, best choice for beginners. It comes with a very big 4.6 litre mixing bowl and 3 non stick mixing attachments. Apart from this you also get a dust cover, a spatula, a registration card, a user manual, a recipe book and a one year warranty. KM330 classic is motorized by 800watt motor. You can use the classic model to do all sort of stuff ranging from beating eggs, kneading dough, mixing ingredients for home made sauces, cakes, pastries and much more. And the best part is that you are in position to add up to 20 extra accessories like ice cream maker, blender, processor etc to take your cooking skills into a next level while saving time to do other stuff.
What is the catch? Read a full km330 classic review.
#3: Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red
The Andrew James 1300watt Electric Stand Mixer in Stunning Red is the number one best selling food mixer of all times.
As a testament of the quality this product has been featured in major UK news papers like Telegraph Newspaper and Independent. It also has great Amazon customers’ reviews with a high score rating of 4.3 out of maximum 5 which indicates that 86% of the people who have purchased this Andrew James food mixer are very happy customers. This is a very high customer satisfaction rate whichever way you look at it. You also get two years guarantee, enough time to get to know your product.
This makes the Andrew James Mixer a must have small kitchen appliance for your daily cooking, baking needs.
This best selling red mixer just like others comes fitted with a pulse feature and various speeds mounting (from 1 to 6). These speed settings allow you to blend various ingredients to the required consistency and texture irrespective of what you are making; from pastry dough to sensitive eggs. Here are some other features that set it apart:
- The 1300 watts stunning red has a 5.2 litre stainless steel mixing bowl that is huge enough to fit all your daily baking and mixing needs.
- The stainless steel bowl comes complete with a dust cover to prevent your kitchen from spilling ingredients all over your countertop.
- It’s stylish and compact design simply means that the gadget will appear nice on any kitchen tabletop without consuming too much space.
It has steady stand that is dotted with suckers which keep stable on your counter, it will not move and fall off even with heavy shaking and churning.
- It comes with a solid 2 year guarantee.
- You will also get recipe cookbook: The cookbook is filled with multiple sumptuous recipes for cakes and breads.
- This best sellingred Andrew James Mixer comes with 4 standard attachments: adjustable beater blade, beater blade, dough hook and stainless steel whisk. The beater blade and the dough hook are both composed of special aluminium that is excellent for creating cakes and breads.
- You can’t add more attachments or the plethora of other add-ons that more expensive machines like Kenwood offer.
- Its bowl has no handles
- Not allowed to run it on top speed for more than 4 minutes. Need to allow it tom cool down before continue using it.
- Its attachments are not dishwasher safe.
#4: VonShef Food MixerThe VonShef Food Mixer is good actually; it comes in 2 colours: red plus black the choice is yours.
Vonshef comes with 5.5 litre stainless steel dishwasher safe mixing bowl, 3 standard mixing attachments (a dough hook, a beater and a balloon whisk),a dust cover and a spatula just like many other kitchen machines. Vonshef features 1200 watt powerful motor.
Like Andrew James Red; Vonshef also comes with 2 years warranty for peace o mind.
Read a full detailed Vonshef food mixer reviews here
#5: Savisto 1260W Retro Food Stand MixerLike other top food mixers; the Savito Retro Stand Mixercomes with a good number of attachments to make your life a bit easier:
- a large 5.5 mixing bowl (with handles)
- a dough hook for kneading a dough
- a whisk for mixing and adding air to cake mixtures
- a beater for beating eggs and other cream mixers
- A detachable transparent splash guard for covering up a bowl to avoid messing up the whole place and a
The retro stand mixer is powered by 800watts motor than can increase itself automatically up to 1260watts under heavy loads.
For stability this mixer consist anti-slip feet to keep it free from un-necessary shaking and falling while mixing.
- A bit noisy on full speed
- For the small amount of ingredients; you have to stop it somehow in between and scrape the bowl for efficient mixing
Apart from this few drawbacks; the Savitro Retro stand is worth your money and its buyers loves it. Hope you too.
#6: Kitchenaid K45SS ClassicComes with 2 years warranty 4 litre stainless steel mixing bowl, 3 standard mixing attachments (for mixing, beating and whipping), and a user guide is the Kitchenaid K45SS classic. It is one of the best selling Kitcheinaid mixers UK.
It is powered by 250 watts motor. The look and the ability to last longer is what makes the K45SS worth buying.
If a small bowl size, 3.9 litre does not bother you; then go for Kitchenaid K45SS Classic for peace of mind. It is worth extra money and so do other customers recommend it.
Read our detailed Kitchenaid K45ss review
#7: Andrew James Professional Red Hand Mixer – Best Hand Held Food MixerThe Andrew James Professional Red Hand Mixer is a fully functional hand mixer that is designed for mixing, beating and kneading light ingredients.
As a food mixer; this Andrew James hand-mixer comes with 3 basic attachments:
- a hook for kneading a dough (pizza dough, bread dough etc)
- a whisk for beating creams and sauces and a
- A beater for beating eggs, batter, meringue and any other cake mixtures.
It is lightweight compact food mixer; weighing 1.2 kg and powered by a 300watts motor.
It features adjustable speed control settings where by you can adjust the mixing speed from 1 to 5 speed settings and a boost button.
Compared to other full functional food mixers reviewed above; this hand mixer is only for light task meaning you have to use it for mixing only small amount of ingredients.Check out what Amazon customers say about this Andrew James hand mixer.
Best Food Mixer under £100
There is always best products for everyone and food mixers are of no any difference. In case you are looking for the best food mixers under £100; I will recommend that you go for any one of these: Vonshef food mixer or the Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W (see its detailed reviews below).Alternatively , check here other best budget food mixer reviews UK 2017.
Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W Review
Either your kitchen is pretty intense, or you are getting pretty tired of the dull and repetitive quality of food preparation. Either way, the Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W will get the job done just like other top rated mixers.
Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W Product Description
The Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W is a pretty petite little thing, which will save you some space on your counter, and will make it much easier to handle than its bulky counterparts.
- It sports a sleek and smart design with a stainless steel bowl and a clean silver body, which makes it very easy to clean as well as makes it a visually pleasing addition to any kitchen.
- It has a very tough exterior that will not get broken easily, however, because of how small and light it is, it would be best to avoid dropping your kenwood kitchen machine km283 on the floor.
- Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 Walso features a large stainless steel bowl that can hold up to 4.3 liters of mixture, which is just about enough for one serving of most recipes.
What sets Kenwood prospero km283 apart from other gadgets? The first thing that comes to mind when you think about what you need in the kitchen is the word control and flexibility.
This may seem counter intuitive, but listen. You need to control the portions, control the temperature, control the cooking time and so on and so forth. You will need flexibility in your tools and be able to use them for whatever purposes the recipe will require.
The Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W gives you these two right off the bat, providing two outlets that can hold different extensions, and will run at different speeds that you so desire.
Speaking of speed, this mixture has multiple. More importantly, the amount of speed that goes up between each setting is gradual- you will not be gently handling a mixture one minute, then blending it up at high speeds the next
from having a tantrum, effectively exploding mixed ingredients right onto your face.
The Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W from Kenwood also has a pulse function available for more control and less botched up ingredients.This Kenwood kitchen machine is perfect for a small family. Maybe it could be too small for you, or too light.
It is without doubt that buying a Kenwood Stand Mixer KM240, 900 W will be an investment that will not cause any regrets. A good way to confirm this is through the resounding positive feedback from customers that already took the plunge.
The feedback system is there for a reason, and the Kenwood Prosper passes with flying colors, garnering a 4.5 star rating which is not very common these days .
There are few loose kitchen appliances that are as efficient as mixers; however, there are variations in terms of quality among different brands.
I can safely say that this brand produced a highly effective food mixer, which will serve its handler well as long as it is treated with respect.
Food Mixers Buying Guide: What to Look ?
Accessories and Attachments
You’ll most likely want the food mixer that comes with such attachments as a balloon whisk, beater, and dough hook. The majority of mixers have splash guards to prevent splattering.
Other high end stand mixers like some of the Kenwood food mixers comes with a food processor and blender attachments. A processor attachment for your mixer will also allow you to perform a greater number of tasks, such as slicing, grating, and more. A blender attachment will allow you to blend ingredients and make soup and smoothies as well. Some models may even come with mincers or even sausage makers. If you want these attachments included with your purchase, make sure the mixer you’re looking at comes with these accessories.
Another often overlooked factor when searching for the best food mixer is its size . If you have enough room on your counter, the size doesn’t matter, but if you have limited space then consider a smaller, more compact mixer. Stand mixers like Bosch food mixers usually come with large bowls as well, but if they don’t, you’ll need to buy your own.
Make sure that the stand mixer you’re buying and the accessories included are dishwasher safe. Washing by hand isn’t the end of the world, but can be inconvenient, particularly if the mixer comes with a large bowl.
Many best food mixers come with a lot of accessories that can clutter up drawers or easily be misplaced. Try to get a model that has a compartment or box for accessory storage if you need it.
Most mixers come with a splash guard automatically. If the model you’re planning on buying doesn’t have one, you may have to pay for one out of pocket.
A higher wattage mixer will give you more power, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will excel at mixing. Go by food mixers reviews and evaluations of the product rather than just speed and wattage alone. Just because a model has a low or high amount of speed settings does not mean that it is the highest quality.
Where to Buy A Food Mixer?
While you can always shop around for the food mixer that meet your specification at Ebay, Tesco, Argos, Sainsburys etc. If you are looking for the best buy however; Amazon UK online shop is a good place to start with.
- 1 What is the Best Food Mixer 2017?
- 2 Top 7 Best Food Mixers 2017
- 2.1 #1: Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer, 5 L KMX52G – Cream
- 2.2 #2:Kenwood KM330 Stand Mixer, 4.6 L, 800 W – White
- 2.3 #3: Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red
- 2.4 #4: VonShef Food Mixer
- 2.5 #5: Savisto 1260W Retro Food Stand Mixer
- 2.6 #6: Kitchenaid K45SS Classic
- 2.7 #7: Andrew James Professional Red Hand Mixer – Best Hand Held Food Mixer
- 3 Best Food Mixer under £100
- 4 Food Mixers Buying Guide: What to Look ?
- 5 Where to Buy A Food Mixer?